Thread: Cannot access support.istaria.com

Default Cannot access support.istaria.com

Hello.

We are unable to access support.istaria.com.. Only by chance and dumb luck did I trip across the IP address for community.istaria.com as this site was also a dns error. .. not sure what to do about this. I?ve read to modify my hosts file and I have thus:

68.142.64.212 horizons.istaria.com

68.142.64.210 community.istaria.com

Which has allowed me access to the game (and there was much rejoicing!) and these forums (yay!), but I have no idea what support.istaria.com should be.

How can I fix this please?

Thank you
    Craft-happy Saris with a crazy streak.

Default Re: Cannot access support.istaria.com [fixed]

Out of the blue support.istaria.com works again, and as an added bonus the game patches.

By the by, NOT a good design to silently not patch because the server is not found. At least inform the people. Yes I know, it should never happen, however it did.

Craft-happy Saris with a crazy streak.

Marjella

Zoolhad the same issue andI filed the support ticket. After several days, no response from AE.

Accessing the support site was not the issue, it was entering the correct password. For some reason it is not recongizing it. Zool has no problem entering the game, he can just not request assistance. Has the support site gone away?

Skipachu

I was told that Istaria.com was moved to different servers. The DNS updates are taking a while to propagate to some networks. I had to use:

traceroute /debug horizons.istaria.com
    traceroute /debug community.istaria.com
    traceroute /debug support.istaria.com

and add an entry for each in my HOSTS file with the reported IP address before any of the sites became accessable to me.

Thread Information