Thread: Interested in trying Horizons again.....why should I come back?

Default Interested in trying Horizons again.....why should I come back?

Part of the reason why I left and stopped playing Horizons months ago was really because I hated being the only around when I played. I hated the lag, being pushed back by enemies as I was fighting them, not finding things to fight, never knowing where to actually go. The I just didn't feel there was any direction when I played the game.

How have things changed? Do you still get pushed back buy enemies? Hated getting pushed back by small slugs and just took the enjoyment out of the game in many ways when that happen and it made no sense.Is it easier to buy equipment or must a player craft everything they want to wear? How many servers are there? What's the average number of players on at any given time? Peak hours(I'm EST)?

Is there simplya reason to come back?

The social aspect of the game was always a problem for me as well. Are people friendly? Didn't find that they really were when I played. Not talking about me asking for money or anything like that but trying to carry on a conversation with someone was a problem since people weren't friendly in that aspect.

I tried Everquest 2 and really I didn't care for it. I don't want to go back to any other game and have been thinking of trying World of Warcraft or Eve Online or Star Wars Galaxies again. Just trying to figure out what my options are.

Default Re: Interested in trying Horizons again.....why should I come back?

Try the trial period for yourself. That is the only way you will know if you like it!

Because they need the money [8-|]

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

gopher65

All I can say is don't play SW:G. *shudders*

On the subject of HZ, I think you should wait about 3 months then come back.

FYI if you turn on the "Free Movement" option in the Options menu, you won't be "pushed around" by monsters.

Roaming, Ravaging, Blighting, and soon to be Invading Undead are a good reason to come back. We wanted a war, hopefully we'll be getting a war.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Smeglor, thx a bunch for that FYI on free movement, my wife and I love it :)

Very nice not getting moved all over the place when fighting critters now.

Quote Originally Posted by Effect
    Part of the reason why I left and stopped playing Horizons months ago was really because I hated being the only around when I played. I hated the lag, being pushed back by enemies as I was fighting them, not finding things to fight, never knowing where to actually go. The I just didn't feel there was any direction when I played the game.

How have things changed? Do you still get pushed back buy enemies? Hated getting pushed back by small slugs and just took the enjoyment out of the game in many ways when that happen and it made no sense.Is it easier to buy equipment or must a player craft everything they want to wear? How many servers are there? What's the average number of players on at any given time? Peak hours(I'm EST)?

Is there simplya reason to come back?

The social aspect of the game was always a problem for me as well. Are people friendly? Didn't find that they really were when I played. Not talking about me asking for money or anything like that but trying to carry on a conversation with someone was a problem since people weren't friendly in that aspect.

I tried Everquest 2 and really I didn't care for it. I don't want to go back to any other game and have been thinking of trying World of Warcraft or Eve Online or Star Wars Galaxies again. Just trying to figure out what my options are.

The lag, as I remember it from the first month, is almost completely gone.
    The mob spawns have trouble, it is hard to find mobs to fight I'm afraid.
    With the anchors and the latest rumours of WA preparing their armies I'd say there's a purpose.
    The equipment, well, I started less than a month ago, and I had loads of equipment to buy.
    On Unity, we have guessed ourselves to a peak around 1000-1500 players - even in the darkest nights on workdays, we're still usually 80-100 players.

The social aspect, I've met a lot of friendly people - can't talk for the US Servers, but Unity, alltho there are problems, in general seems like the friendliest userbase I've seen in an MMORPG yet.

I quit the game in spite back in January. I came back late November, and I've been playing daily ever since. I have fun with the game, and I look forward to the coming months - a lot of updates are on the way, updates which, hopefully, will make the game a competitor on the scene again.
    Celenor Sarafien - Unity - Proud member of Shinzawai.
    93 ranger/47 healer/37 tailor/36 mage/21 weaver/15 fletcher

Thread Information