Thread: Quest-Lore and Dialogue History/Lore Book

Default Quest-Lore and Dialogue History/Lore Book

One of the major problems with lore spreading in my opinion in Hz is that you can't find a way ingame to get it back. The lore is good I think but slips away too much, so many things people forget over time and its a shame that this happens and you can only hope than someone in the net has somewhere transcribed it and this page still exists.
    But the demand for lore is high and the quests and events we had so far are really nice very often for background story.
    So shouldn't we get a lore book or kind of diary in the interface that puts every dialog we had with someone inside there with his name and a certain title/topic sorting (like: event xyz, name abc)? Of course it must be prevented that we get the same talk from some chars again and again entered like everytime you talk to a consiger or vault keeper it is noted.
    But I'd love the possibility to look my stuff up once more and re-tell it maybe while I'm ingame as if from memory what I experienced and other did not so far.

Another thing that came to my mind while I thought about this quest contest thing is that I look forward very much to race quests, as source for race lore and stories especially but at the same time I can see as in the RoP of dragon that all non-dragon for example get no chance to catch those information by themself - except they get dragons up to that level.
    Of course I don't want to have every race doing every quest, that would be stupid.
    But shouldn't it work that someone is ... human for example and has a dragon friend and he takes this one with him on his encounters in a group and that allows his friend to take part, "hear" and "see" what his dragon friend gets told?
    This allows people to share quests in a combined experienced they can remember.
    I have two friends that are female and so far except UO, only one has played another MMORPG in pay mode as I told her it is, both looked over my shoulder when I player DAoC to get an impression. They didn't like the killing and dead environment which is the paying one stopped after one month but they still tell me sometimes "And do you remember when tried to find that bear in Midgard at this bridge and how we guessed were it was?". Was a very little and not creative quest but we searched it for two hours or so (respawn delay and patrolling of it), had fun coming up with ideas where it might be and just talked, waiting together for it and they remember that part. ONLY that part of weeks of over-the-shoulder-looking. Shouldn't that give someone ideas why in Hz you do Quests only isloated? Of course you can go and let give you the same kill task - which is not the same I think, it is simply killing and threadmill. Or you can go and get the same quest as in the city turned to stone and make the quests together like that. But what came to me while I thought about this is, still you do the quest ALONE. Nothing changes when you do it with someone else, you still have to click at the npc by yourself too as if you are alone there, you still have to search the places by yourself as if only you are there.
    It never happens that your friend finds the piece and it tells you "hey, you can stop it, xyz found it!" or you hear what happens because you are close to that npc now and your friend has already started talking to that one. Or you are from the wrong race but in the same group and when the npc tells you if that is your friend and you want to share the experience with that one, you say yes and he can listen and see at least, what you get told/shown.
    I think such a kind of connected quest doing would be very nice.

Horizons Empire

Default Re: Quest-Lore and Dialogue History/Lore Book

:o I totally agree... On top of which, it would be nice to have some in game book like references for lore...

Or a npc to recant lore to people...

In my sig is a link to a topic where we discuss ideas like crazy questing (Well I spit out an idea there)...
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

I've got some transcribed, some of the BETA lore...
    though, I'mnot sure how much it's going to help currently.
    AKA Maguai, PogoWolf (Chaos)
    www.PogoWolf.com / www.GamersVue.com
    [/RIGHT]

Quote Originally Posted by pogowolf
    I've got some transcribed, some of the BETA lore...
    though, I'mnot sure how much it's going to help currently.
    I'm all for it, there is a forum in "Life in Istaria" called Ingame Lore, if you could put it into there, I know for sure many would be happy to read it, even when it is "only" beta stuff. :)

Horizons Empire

Thread Information