Thread: Elf Striders perma stun

Default Elf Striders perma stun

Elf Striders seem to stun me with nearly every arrow, in effect perma stunning me.
    You may want to turn that down a bit.
    Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

Default Re: Elf Striders perma stun

Depending on what lvl they are, gives them a higher chance to stun you. i.e. lvl 20 - 50 or so have a 30% chance to stun for 3 secs, lvl 50 - 90 or so have 40% chance to stune for 3 secs, lvl 90+ have 50% chance to stun for 3 secs.

Given the attack rate of a Strider (ranger), it is very possible thatit could 'perma stun' you. Also considerthings like lag, your evasion skill(s), etc.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

I have 1133 evasion skill. so It's pretty high. the Elf Striders are level 65-80 max and they are my first target in a group for the reasons stated.

AE's percentages are sporked, so 50% is actually alot more than half the hits, or so it seems. but the fire rate is pretty high on those bastages. It's like having stun on a super fast repeating spell.

Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

Ohh yeh, the ranger school can really attack fast. With abilities like Energize I (-10% delay - I think they get Energize II aswell.. -20% delay (I *think*)), and Rapid Fire Stance (-10% delay, 80% base magic evasion, 80% base evasion).

I believe the lvl 95 Composite Longbow attacks with 30 delay. So, alacrity V (although not found on mobs, you will notice that mobs have been tweaked to somewhatreflect this effect), Energize II, and Rapid Fire Stance will give them a -55% fire rate. So, these guys potentially canbe attacking with less then 15 delay (which is faster then a monks lvl 95 weapon).

Add a few numbers here and there, to compensate for factors like the mobs not being lvl 95+ and them possibly not having the full effect of the alacrity gifts, I'd say they'd be attacking at a rate similar to that of a 18 - 22 delayed weapon.

Itis most definately possible for a strider to 'perma-stun' you.

Now, I've explained to you generally how a strider works.. I agree, there should be some 'de-tweaked' mobs in this game, the striders being one of them.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

gopher65

I'm a ranger, and I will not attack these guys because they can perma stun me. Now I know how the mobs feel when they never get a hit in, and can't run away[:'(]

Don't forget that they can also go Missle Flurry on you or use multishot. Each individual hit has a chance to stun.

The other annoying monsters are the wizards. They use stun teched energy bolts. Get 2 or 3 on you and you are stun locked as well.

Drev

Thread Information