Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What's with all the Sad Faces? ... Let me tell ya...

Default Re: What's with all the <edit> Sad Faces? ... Let me tell ya...

This threadreminds me of when I was guiding in a game and a new player asked me, "So, how do I win this game?" It's an RPG, you don't win it, you play it. Ifsomeone chooses to skip all the "play" parts of it and go straight to L100, I hope they don't expect anyone to stop their game play to entertain them or make the game "fun" forthem againjust because they'rebored.

I'm tired of people saying, "entertain me!". Entertain yourself! Make your own fun in the game.My guild is not only active, it's growing faster than I can keep up with it. We're in the planning stages of hosting a fashion show in Feladan now. I'm also thinking up other things for us to do all the time. A dragon air show is also on the boards. Prizes going to best aerial acrobatics single and group formations. Also a possible dance contest for bipeds using emote, sidestep and other character motions. Also working on an Istarian version of The Amazing Race. There are all kinds of things you can do to have fun here.. hunting parties.. crafting parties.. weirdest outfit contest.. bestdressed contest..most eligible bachelor/bachelorette..funniest screenshot.. poetry contests.. just use your imagination!

Edited to add: Dragons of course are welcome in the dance contest as well. We have one that does a great spawn dance! LOL!

:: blinks then thinks and smiles :: those do sound like fun Jazmyn.

Awesome ideas. I have been thinking a dragon air show with sunscopes at night would look awesome. Roleplaying or not, still sounds like fun.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Jaraiden wrote:

" a dragon air show with sunscopes at night would look awesome"

ooOoooo good idea! I've been trying to find a good spot that has a place where the view would be uncluttered. I've noticed that it's easiest to see dragons in flight if they are on eye level with you or below.. like watching from a cliff. I also need to figure out what range do they come into view at max view distance, or what other settings need to be checked/tweaked so that people will be able to see the show. Other things that could be added in are a dragon obstacle course and pinpoint landing. Pinpoint landing would be to swoop in and land, no hovering, on a target.

Default Re: What's with all the raised tempers? ... Let me tell ya...

I left with sad feeling. The game for me never was what I had expected over a year ago when I bought into it. There never was much in the way of roleplaying aspects. As for purpose... Yes that may help a little. But, not enough. For me the game just became to difficult to hunt and to long of a boring grind to craft. Lost all fun and appeal. True we had fun freeing those races. But, how many races do we actually need?

Many of us stayed as long as we did because we saw the potential with the great graphics and interface. Not to mention the rest that was and still does promise a good alternative to Sony (the only other PVE game maker companyin existance). But after over a year we finaly decided that we had waited long enough.

Where is the furniture, and other needed fluff for roleplaying? Where are the events like iceskating with hot coacoa or picknics with a picknic basket snatching yogi bear? Anything to break the monotany that this game alwys has been for many of us who have already left.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazmyn
    Jaraiden wrote:

" a dragon air show with sunscopes at night would look awesome"

ooOoooo good idea! I've been trying to find a good spot that has a place where the view would be uncluttered. I've noticed that it's easiest to see dragons in flight if they are on eye level with you or below.. like watching from a cliff. I also need to figure out what range do they come into view at max view distance, or what other settings need to be checked/tweaked so that people will be able to see the show. Other things that could be added in are a dragon obstacle course and pinpoint landing. Pinpoint landing would be to swoop in and land, no hovering, on a target.
    I good place to practice pinpoint landing is to try to land on top of the shrine in Aug.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

To be honest, I don't even think I'm sad anymore. You stop mourning, and move on.

I had great faith at one time. But faith and truth sometimes don't mix very well. Many from Chaos know I have stopped playing "but keep paying". I suspect that will also end soon enough, because when I do log on, I *am* sad. What a goddamned waste of energy, manpower, and dreams. It's something to take screenshots of, file away in a digital scrapbook, and just try and remember the good parts that way.

It's like watchingsomeone die.

I saw some people quoting Wish and other games. Wish is making the same sort of dreams everyone else had; it's a shame old archives are gone and no one can see that anymore. Not only that, but marketing fluff is marketing fluff.. andeveryone should knowthat by now.

Of course I miss my friends. Fortunately in a time like this, no one questions loyalties too harshly. After all, it's all about having fun, andin the end over and over it boils to money spent for that purpose.

If I want to talk to my guildmaster or get a message to my guild, we made arrangements for that by breaking that paper thin barrier between MMO and RL; he simply gave me hisemail address. I also have the email addresses of former guildies, who went their own ways before me.

I'd love to see a miracle. Sadly, I'm a bit of a pessimist.

Thread Information