Thread: WISH-ing for a Happy New Year...

Default WISH-ing for a Happy New Year...

Anyone out there in the closed beta? Anyone out there able to ADMIT they are in the closed beta? Must have some scoop :D

I don't mean for it to sound like the 'next big thing' but this strikes me as being very Tale in the Desert style, in that it focuses on the players and interaction of the world. This appeals to me greatly, and they actually appear to have a fiction writer or two in their employ!! :O

I know a number of old HZ folks have left for those parts but not sure if any of them still check in or not. If so, Dish out some juicy tidbits! Are there actual animated emotes? What support is there for person/person interactions on the street? Custom emote texts? Etc?

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Default Re: WISH-ing for a Happy New Year...

I'm in closed beta!!

And there are a number of current and former Horizons players signed up for the Open beta that starts Jan. 1 - which, from the title - I'm assuming you're already in?

If not - www.mutablerealms.com :) sign up and you're in!

But, you may also know that closed beta is under NDA - so I can't exactly answer your questions other than what the devs have already provided.

Tons of information in the official faq on the MR site - and There are great unofficial faqs at both the WISH IGN Vault forums, and the WISH Warcry forums that will answer all questions that - so far - are allowed to be answered :).

There is another dev open interview on the 22nd as well, you can get information about it at any of those forums and even participate yourself.

But yes, with the ultra-idea behind the one world server, and the exclusive "live content" team (whose job is to provide the ongoing live content) this does seem to be shaping up to be a game gearing towards the RPG half of the MMORPG title :). While also including consenual PVP, great questing, great crafting...etc.etc.etc.

Just have to see - and stop by the open beta if you don't mind testing out an incomplete game. As its still at least 6 months to release, the beta for January is in no way a "complete" and polished game. HEck 2 player races won't be even in the Beta coming up :).

Ahh... Ok :) I figured there was an NDA involved somewhere. Thanks for the info.
    I'll be giving it a try for sure come the new year if I can grab the client without registering for a full account at FilePlanet. I signed up for the open beta just around merger time when some friends came back to tell us of some of their adventures.

-HratLi

Damage :

no you do not have to register on FilePlanet to d/l

You can d/l the beta totally free - however you will subject to the "lines" I hear are a part of FilePlanet's Free ability to d/l. you have to pay to get no line.

I'm not a registered user there either, so I asked to make sure - and yes you will be able to :).

Also MR is plannign on releasing the client avialabld for d/l at least a few days before Open Beta actually starts. I'll announce it when that happens :). And or if the beta ends up getting postponed again, although so far I've not heard that rumor.

My wife & I are signed up for the next beta. We're hoping to see some other Horizons players there. We're not quitting HZ, but we'll give Wish a shot.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

check out my other thread - if you've not already here in Off Topic - WISH Client is out and d/lable. And I talk there about an informal guild for anyone whose' intersted :).

http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=34752

I'm registered on file planet but it seems to them I'm not logged in all the time so I have to wait in line to dnl anything. I'm dnling WISH beta right now and am signed up to start in open beta Jan 1. I'm excited!!!

Hello all you WISH testers.:P
    "Sarcasm! Just one more of the FREE services I offer."

Borrowed a friend's account to download... wow... pretty amazing speeds.
    Anyways, It's sitting on my drive. It does nothing other than spin the hard drive a lot after I run the installer, so it may be that it won't install until Jan 1.

-HratLi

Damage :

Using FilePlanet to distribute the installer really annoys me. I know someone has to do it, but....grrr.....[8o|]
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Irrilian

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    Using FilePlanet to distribute the installer really annoys me. I know someone has to do it, but....grrr.....[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-39.gif[/img]
    For a free beta its not so unreasonable. What really is less than impressive though is when companies use it to distrbute patches.

Wish does look very interesting. From the released movies the graphics are nice, though probably not to the standard of EQ2 or WoW, but then they're not the main draw. Its the single global shard, their Live content scripting system, the rich background and so forth.

Syrith_Ice

Mutable sent beta invites to 55,000 people for Beta 2.0. So everyone and their children's children can get in, if they want to wait for the lines or pay Fileplanet money.

I waited3 hours to dl the client and Fileplanet erroed and stopped the dl - Irejoined at no. 500 in a 4 hour line. I gave up.

The concept of the game looks good very interesting but What is it with thePCs graphics? Do they really look as bad as the Sreenshots on the Wish site?

I'd like a character whose arm muscles are in the right place or has an elbow, and doesn't look like a frog when they are supposed to be human. Or even has arms the right length - basic anatomical details.

I also wonder about the number of ppl playing rogues, as theyget the pvp won't there me too many and a lack of balance with other races.

But I like the idea so I might give it a go if I can be bothered to wait around in the lines.

Irrilian

The graphics certainly have some way to go, but apparenty they are improving them through out the beta process e.g. there are before and after shots from one beta to the next first showing a rather basic looking forest sceen, only to be much improved with the after shot. It might be worth looking at some of the player made movies to get a better appreciation of the graphics. But anyway, they certainly do have room for improvement.

Regarding rogues, it seems to be an activity more than a profession or a class (though you can pick particular skills to support such if that's your focus), to quote the faq:

2.3.2 Rogues will be a part of PvP?
    Yes."The basics of the rogue game are that players can become criminals by commiting criminal acts against NPC targets... If they are caught, they are flagged a criminal... Then, any player can grab a bounty list and become open to full PvP with the criminals in an attempt to bring them to justice and recover stolen goods."[/list]
    2.3.4 What about Rogues in those PvP areas you were talking about?
    Step in and find out ;)
    "In PvP areas, players will be able to steal from each other within reason. They wont steal the breastplate off your back, but you may want to pay attention to your purse.""Largely rogue stealing will be directed vs. NPC targets."

The claims and intentions of the developers certainly sound interesting, however its the work of a small company and thus whether it will all be realised is another matter.

Syrith_Ice

Thnx for the reply Irrilian [:D]

I've watched several movies and still think the basic anatomy of the people is a bit off. But I suppose that doesn't really matter. Yes I agree they are looking better but still not quite right.

Lets hope rogues turn out how they think - I still think there will be too many people being rogues. But we will see.

Thread Information