Thread: Crafting

Kunrak

Default Crafting

Hi, I recently came back after been away from Horizons for a couple of months. When I went out to craft I noticed that the "advanced" crafting machines(woodworking bench and such)where... gone? I checked around a bit but the only place I found them at was at the trainers in New Brommel (I only checked at the starting isles).
    Now I wonder, are they temporarily removed cause of some bug or something or are they forever gone? If so, why?? [*-)]
    It has really made low-lvl crafting a pain...

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

Default Re: Crafting

Yes they were purposly removed, not entirely sure why.

Maybe to make people leave the newbie towns.

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

All finishing machines were removed from all fields, the only place to find them now is in the towns, or at someones plot who has them.

David Bowman said "we never intended to have the finishing machines in the field" for his response on it, which is a bunch of crap... atleast due to the fact they changed that 9 months after release.

This may be true on the newbie islands, but not true to the entire world of which is Istaria, you can find many resource fields with both machines.

Pooony, The few finishing machines out in the fields we had to build, as they were broken down. Some are built (most on order) while others still need work.

Most machines in the fields have no finishing machines, but there is usually a plot near by that does have one.

Kunrak

Well to me it seems like a mistake to remove them from the newbie islands since the early crafting has become much harder now... ah well, not much to do about it I guess [*-)]

Quote Originally Posted by Kunrak

Well to me it seems like a mistake to remove them from the newbie islands since the early crafting has become much harder now... ah well, not much to do about it I guess [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-42.gif[/img]
    Maybe they intentionally made it harder, as crafting is quite easy.

As for machines not being in fields, i still stand by my comment that LOTS of machines are still in fields all over Istaria, and no im not just referring to plots. Sure alot of them may have had to be built but they are still there...afterall pre merge, alot had to be built to begin with.

Many of the rebuilt machines around Istaria have both machines. Scorpion Island has them as does Abandoned. I know there's a nice one for near the Scorpion Island iron/silver and its not that far of a run from Darvus or another in-portal from Brishtugo just south of Darvus.

Both Wisp and Fabric Isles will have them as soon as the machines are able to be spawned. [:'(]

And there are several areas with pre-built shops that have both of the machines. I'm pretty sure there is one out by granite.
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Thread Information