Thread: Help!

Default Help!

I cleared out a virus from my machine which set up trojans and hijacked my web browser. That is the good news. Now, I have another problem when loading the game. It gets to the point where it is setting up the environment, and dies with error message follows:

FATAL ERROR: Could not create rendering device. Please check your Direct 3D Setup. : o@C:\projectsRM_MasterClient\Source\Client errors.cpp:696

I know I'm missing something stupid. Could someonetell me what I need to change, so I can clear this up?

Default Re: Help!

OK Im Past this problem. It seems that the host server was complaining about a boarked vid card driver.

In order to get to this point, I had to reinstall the game, Reinstall vid card driver and Reisnstall Direct-X.

I can log in, and I get past the "Receiving Character Information" message and I have been stuck for almost 3 hours on the "Waiting For Terrain Under Character To Load". How do I get past this problem?

What system Specs do you have like CPU vid card etc,

also what video card drivers are you using

Also if it doesn't load in the frist 20 mins it most likely will not load 3 hours later. once in a blue moon I will get stuck on RCI. I never let mine sit for more than 5 mins before I shut the game off and retry loggin in. and that fixes it for me

Thread Information