Thread: Guide to the Spirit Disciple.

Default Guide to the Spirit Disciple.

As seen here:
    http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1929
    Orginal post by: EvilKarl.
    =======================================

This post is meant to be a factual statement of what the spirit disciple is in it current form. I do not wish to use this post to state the flaws in the class.

A Spirit Disciple (SPRD) is a monk who has chosen to forego some of their melee training in order to learn the ways of spirit in addition to unarmed.

Stat gains
    Armour use - 9
    Unarmed - 9
    Spirit - 10
    Evasion - 9
    Magic Evasion - 9

Health - 18
    Str - 6
    Dex - 9
    Power - 5
    Focus - 6

Requirements
    Level 20 Monk and 200 Unarmed
    Completed kill maggot and bring back hides quest
    Completed Meet the disciples quest

Fist Buff
    Spirit Disciples fist buff is Vampyric Touch. This self only buff has a chance (30% at I to 50% at III) of healing the user for 50% of the damage inflicted on ALL attacks . This is by far the best and most reliable life tap in the land and because of this a sprit disciple can often hold out in combat longer than one would expect.

Equipment
    Armour
    Spirit disciples are limited to armour made of cloth and leather. At 100 they have sufficient armour use to wear the highest armour available at present Essence Leather/Padded Iron silk.
    Weapons
    Spirit disciples can also wear handwraps and use staves. However spirit disciples do not gain any two hand crush skill. You can also use just your hands.

Abilities
    Other than the class defining vampyric touch sprit disciples gain a few other class specific abilities.

Spirit Punch - Automatic hit deals etheral damage (linked timer with Coordinated strike, and Smash)
    Pillage spirit - Heals the user for the full damage of one hit
    Defy Spirit I/II/III - Passive spirit ward
    Spirit Form - The user becomes etheral and is almost* immune to physical damage while dealing etheral damage themselves.
    * through a great resistance bounse, most normal attacks will do no damage.

Spirit Disciples gain the generic melee abilities

Melee Flurry I-III
    Multistrike I-IV
    Critical strike I-V
    Cordinated strike I-X
    Powerstyle I-IV
    Evasive style I-IV

Spirit Disciples gain the monk class specific abilities

Chain attack I-X
    Iron Body
    Flow like water
    Mind over body I-II
    Unarmed Mastery I-XIX (1-19)
    Spirit Disciples also learn spiritist/bloodmage abilities

Siphon III,V,VII
    Area Siphon I
    Instant Transfer III
    Ethereal armour I-III
    Spirit adept
    Spells
    Spirit disciple is a priest class as such it can cast nearly all the Life,Augmentation, Blight, Spirit and Nature line of spells. Including Resurection. Spirit disciple is limited to the revitalise line of heals.

Training points
    There are a number of schools of thought on where training points should go. Most will agree unarmed is a good idea as is dex and possibly evasion.

Things of note

At 100 spirit disciples only have 800 spirit skill. This is sufficient to cast all t4 spells but not all double teched.

Spirit disciples are evasive however at present evasion is only reliable against creatures 20 levels below you.

Due to our low strength we deal low damage many recommend taking a craft to increase your strength. Fitter is the most common suggestion.
    PM me if you think of anything else you would like to see added to this

Skillsgained per level: [Added by: PogoWolf]
    ================================================== ==
    SkillName AtLevel Dodge 1 Unarmed Mastery 01 1 Chain Attack I 2 Combat Stance: Blue 5 Neutral Stance 5 Unarmed Mastery 02 5 Evasive Style I 6 Dexterity Boost I 7 Coordinated Strike I 9 Combat Stance: Red 10 Critical Strike I 10 Mind Over Body I 10 Unarmed Mastery 03 10 Chain Attack II 12 Combat Stance: Green 15 Unarmed Mastery 04 15 Coordinated Strike II 18 Power Style I 20 Vampiric Touch I 20 Unarmed Mastery 05 20 Chain Attack III 22 Multistrike I 24 Gift Slots: Two 25 Critical Strike II 26 Unarmed Mastery 06 26 Coordinated Strike III 28 Defy Spirit 28 Spirit Punch 30 Chain Attack IV 32 Unarmed Mastery 07 32 Evasive Style II 34 Syphon III 36 Unarmed Mastery 08 37 Coordinated Strike IV 38 Spirit Adept 38 Melee Flurry I 40 Chain Attack V 42 Unarmed Mastery 09 43 Flow Like Water 44 Critical Strike III 46 Coordinated Strike V 48 Ethereal Armor I 48 Unarmed Mastery 10 48 Gift Slots: Three 50 Multistrike II 50 Chain Attack VI 52 Power Style II 54 Vampiric Touch II 54 Unarmed Mastery 11 54 Mind Over Body II 56 Coordinated Strike VI 58 Dexterity Boost II 58 Defy Spirit II 59 Unarmed Mastery 12 59 Pillage Spirit 60 Chain Attack VII 62 Melee Flurry II 64 Unarmed Mastery 13 65 Critical Strike IV 66 Evasive Style III 66 Coordinated Strike VII 68 Syphon V 68 Iron Body 70 Unarmed Mastery 14 70 Chain Attack VIII 72 Multistrike III 74 Gift Slots: Four 75 Area Syphon I 76 Unarmed Mastery 15 76 Coordinated Strike VIII 78 Ethereal Armor II 78 Spirit Form 80 Chain Attack IX 82 Unarmed Mastery 16 82 Power Style III 84 Critical Strike V 86 Unarmed Mastery 17 87 Coordinated Strike IX 88 Defy Spirit III 88 Melee Flurry III 88 Instant Transfer III 90 Chain Attack X 92 Unarmed Mastery 18 93 Vampiric Touch III 94 Syphon VII 96 Coordinated Strike X 98 Evasive Style IV 98 Unarmed Mastery 19 98 Gift Slots: Five 100 Multistrike IV 100 Unarmed Mastery 20 104 Unarmed Mastery 21 109 Unarmed Mastery 22 115
    AKA Maguai, PogoWolf (Chaos)
    www.PogoWolf.com / www.GamersVue.com
    [/RIGHT]

Default Re: Guide to the Spirit Disciple.

We gain 9 evasion a level.

Spirit punch now works, though it is on linked timer with Coordinated strike, and Smash.

Spirit form is not immune, though it does grant great resistance, most normal attacks will do no damage.

I am would disagree with dex for TP's. I would suggest STR, UA and Evasion if melee oriented, and Power, Spirit, Evasion if spell oriented. (Magic defense does NOTseem to behave like melee defense and so is pointless toraise).This helps compensate for the main drawback of Spirit Disciples, lack of damage. Adding dex is almost a waste of TPs snce though it does add a SMALL amount to evasion and a part 'to-hit', it is much more efficient to directly add to the skills directly.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Thanks Hrat, I have updated the Guide due to the errors you pointed out.
    .. but I'll let you argue the TP thing. =)

[/RIGHT]

How long does Spirit form lst for? and what is the recycle time?

sounds like a pretty nifty abiltiy

Shaw el Shadai Moking
    'Coming at ya...like a spring!'

Shaw, It's a level 82 ability so there's no hope of transferring it. The only one that REALLY works with no hitches. It's essentially the 1 minute dwarven toughness ability on a 10 minute timer, but with the bonus that the melee damage you do is ethereal. It is a life saver to allow you to boot scoot and boogie out of an ugly situation, such as when 5 golems spawn in around you during the middle of a fight. hehe... I held my tongue on that whole thread, but the SSlik and Dwarven abilities are waay over powered in combat situations.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Hrat,
    is it a level 82? my list shows it as a level 80..

and I don't believethose racial abilites are over powered.. but that's another thread. =)

[/RIGHT]

We get 10 evasion a level. Spirit form is a level 80 abilitiy. And Mith golems can still hit for 100 if your in cargo gear when using it.

Dex was suggested as it boosts to hit further however unarmed is better than dex for this to make up for our lack in this skill.

Please give credit where credit is due.. I am glad it was shared and expanded upon but please credit the original author if you are reposting
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

It was a repost from Taz. However, I wasn't able to grab the name of the person that posted it. I make no indecations that I'm the orginal poster.

thanks for the updates also! [8-|]
    [/RIGHT]

It wasn't a repost from taz :)

Its on these forums in the monk forums I know as I wrote it because at the time the spirit disciple forum was empty and the description present sucked.
    Zodias of Order

Monk Issue List

Well, now I feel stupid. I've made the updates. Sorry, EvilKarl.
    the 'or this one' on the top was in referance to another guide I posted
    stating that I wasn't the orginal poster. But I cleared that up. =)
    [/RIGHT]

Many thanks.. I didn't realise thats what the or this one was.
    Zodias of Order

Monk Issue List

NP, sorry for the mixup. =)
    [/RIGHT]

Thread Information