Thread: What I fully EXPECT off Ancient

Default What I fully EXPECT off Ancient

I don't care about the numbers, the stats, the petty details when all what matters is the result.

I don't care about the time needed to do it.

I don't care about the hoard needed norhaving to spit blood for the huge effort.

I don't care to have to grind dung for 2 years.

But exactly like those two fine people were able to easily do this (at least one of them told me "with ease and pleausure"), I want to one day be able to achieve this as Ancient.

I put7 hours a day into this game, 130 days of played time!!, I dedicated TONS of sleep time to it (having to work and all) like people with 4 or 5 classes to 100 did, no less.

Now the time has come to get the pay off.

Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

imported_Silowyi

Default Re: What I fully EXPECT off Ancient

Not sure what you're speaking of here.

Yes and no.

Yes, I expect to become able to achieve a similar result since as Ancient I'll be the maximum I will ever be able to become.

No, it's not an uberped. Just an "average" (i.e. not some of those gods with 180 rating) smartly multiclassed guy.

If an average guy can make that, I don't see why a maxed ancient dragon should not pull the same stunt.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.

sarkasm on:
    aktivate gold shield and use gold rage and silver strike ever and ever, maybe you can stand against this mobs

sarkasm off:

i think that the majority dont realized that ancienthood is the endgame for dragons. Its the last think to achieve, no next multiclass... no new spells because of new class

its the goal!

realism on:
    activated gold shield.

Died like a SH.IT the same since it lasts little and likewise breeze ability too stops too soon.

Wasted like 30-40k hoard for nothing.

The guy in the picture pulled Mhedon AND some golems 95-100 that in 3 can kill you without any Mhedon unless you use gold shield and survive the multistrikes.

All of this with "just" 17M hoard.

realism off:
    Knowledge that it'll never happen on.

Don't confuse what dragons deserve and what they are going to give us. There are just going to be more dissapointed dragons once ancient is in.
    Ae is blind to the power of multiclassing, and the only way to cure it is to give dragons more than one class to level in, and they won't do that.

imported_Silowyi

No one here in this thread has any clue what the rewards for ancient will be, or even whether or not that statement about it being the "end game" is true. Actually the devs have told us a few times that Ancient is intended to be a gateway for dragons, that it is not the end.

AE is not blind to the power of multiclassing either. Remember that we have not yet had the class rebalancing talked about at the beginning of September.

Quote Originally Posted by Silowyi
    No one here in this thread has any clue what the rewards for ancient will be, or even whether or not that statement about it being the "end game" is true. Actually the devs have told us a few times that Ancient is intended to be a gateway for dragons, that it is not the end.

AE is not blind to the power of multiclassing either. Remember that we have not yet had the class rebalancing talked about at the beginning of September.
    To my knowledge, no one anywhere has any clue what the actual rewards for ancient will be, and given the default situation (ie, they don't give us anything significant other than a level cap raise to 120 for the next year), it is a good bet that you can consider it to be the Dragon "end game", at least effectively.

Given some of the recent statements in IRC from the devs and David bowman himsef, I doubt that the "class rebalancing" will address the massive design flaws in the class system. In addition, given the delays thus far for things that were slated to be released by the end of December, I find it highly unlikely that even what they are planning to do with the "class rebalancing" will happen until spring at the earliest.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Why we won't get a good rebalance:

the mobs in game were more and more tweaked so they exploit each class strength or weakness.

I.e. some mobs require that you cleanse or detox, some require that you destun, others that you do crowd control etc. Moreover you almost must nowadays have some tank with something that makes mobs "miss" their first uber attack, name it dwarven thougness or foresight or the similar scope spiritist ability. Or have huge armor / healing.

This usually would require a sort of dedicated group with mixed classes.

Or, and this is becoming so common that is the standard, a single person that picked a bit of abilities here and a bit there so he can basically do everything.

A dragon, even upping his stats and armor and skills has still all the lack of the abilities that are needed to survive in the new environments.
    Even with 2 x hp you'll die miserably with most of the advanced mob skills.
    It's not about getting Ancient = pumped adult on steroids.

It's about getting a refactored Ancient = thought new breed of dragon.

This requires that dragons "use" several schools and anyway an amount of time that AE never had.
    And it would require that someone at AE actually cared of checking how a dragon fights. This won't work as in the past, with 1M hp and full hoard on the fly level 100 generated dragons used for testing in 5 spared minutes.

what i expect:

more size
    slower movement
    new polymorph form (new quest)
    +2000 health
    +2000 armor
    slower to hit but more damage

and a lot of new dragon quests with new powers like anounced by DB

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    what i expect:

more size
    slower movement
    new polymorph form (new quest)
    +2000 health
    +2000 armor
    slower to hit but more damage

and a lot of new dragon quests with new powers like anounced by DB

I'm not just picking on you Vlisson but a few others have said this to. My only comment is. Why would something made of Pure Muslce move slower? Are muslce for are wings Must move even faster when we become ancient to be able to carry are extra large body. Just because something is big doesn't have to mean it has to move slow.

I'd kinda like to knowhow averagethat "average" biped was. I've been in groups that took out Mhedon. GROUPS. Not anyone soloing him. Sure our L96 dwarf warrior did take him out..using every trick he had, including Dwarven Toughness, with an L85 and an L47 healer and my L53 (at the time) Druid desperately trying to keep him alive. Yep, it took a lot, but we got him.So, if this was an average biped and not amajorly multiclassed biped (or just VERY lucky one).. what class/level was it?

On the flip side. Dragon L90 was soloing L120 purple necroflies yesterday without even having to use refreshing breeze all the time!Maybe you should try those?

Things that make you go hmm..

the Primalist told ingame that we fly because our primal flow =)

so we dont fly because of muscle power! our primal energy is the reason

and look at an RL animal like a cat and look at an elefant, who gots more muscle and who is faster?

dragons need more muscles event to stay or breath, to move the tons of flesh

and some disadvantage for ancients would be ok for me

(maybe not beeing able to gate...)

Quote Originally Posted by Jazmyn
    I'd kinda like to knowhow averagethat "average" biped was. I've been in groups that took out Mhedon. GROUPS. Not anyone soloing him. Sure our L96 dwarf warrior did take him out..using every trick he had, including Dwarven Toughness, with an L85 and an L47 healer and my L53 (at the time) Druid desperately trying to keep him alive. Yep, it took a lot, but we got him.So, if this was an average biped and not amajorly multiclassed biped (or just VERY lucky one).. what class/level was it?

On the flip side. Dragon L90 was soloing L120 purple necroflies yesterday without even having to use refreshing breeze all the time!Maybe you should try those?

Things that make you go hmm..
    Indeed.

I've witnessed at least four different people solo Mhedon. There was even a contest on Order a month or so ago to see who could solo Arboreon; I never heard the outcome of that challenge, mainly because I didn't want to lose my latest meal. Of course they were uberpeds, but it seems the majority of players I see running around have a rating at least 50 higher than their current adventure level. The only exceptions are, of course, Dragons, and quite a few low-to-mid-level characters, most of which are Dragon players starting an uberped, or the second/third/fourth characters of an uberped player, looking for a change of pace, or doing crafting/construction.

Yes, groups go after Mhedon, Brecah, Arboreon, etc all the time. As for the L90 Dragon soloing purple flies, you have to consider that purple flies are on lots of peoples' current hit list of "mobs that are way too easy for their reward". Even still, I guarantee you that Dragon was ******** careful not to pull more than one, MAYBE two swarms at a time, or the demonstration would have ended with him in a heap on a ground. Uberpeds regularly pull the entire spawn solo and nuke it out of existence in less time than it takes for that Dragon to kill one swarm.

I would love to see AE run some statistics against their character database and see what they show as to the current makeup. Then we can get some idea as to what the "average" biped is.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

A nit.

Do you really EXPECT this to happen? Or are you DEMANDING it happen? If you expect it then you're saying that's what is probably going to happen. Really?

This looks like a demand to me. You want to be able to easily solo the toughest mobs in the game because you saw an uberped doing it. Sorry but demands for uberness rub me the wrong way whether justified or not. When that happens I look for nits.

Nope, I am expecting that the best of the maximum that a dragon can achieve will be at least comparable with a rating 130 biped. Not a 200 like Thokk. A 130 would be enough already. And does what you see in the screenshot.

Is it too much? I am not in a RP shard. I want to actually kills stuffand have direct fun just because all can do it.

If you want to spend all your in game life "roleplaying" of being something better than a fat rubber chicken, welcome.

Instead every now and then I want to go killity for real.
    Get my reagents for real.
    Get techs not like I had to do now (bought most of them grinding money) but acting as a dragon is supposed to do: a deadly bird of prey.

Not a begging bird of pray.

Thread Information