Thread: Quick-reference for abilities & levels - where?

rooth

Default Quick-reference for abilities & levels - where?

There used to be a quick-reference that showed you which abilities you got at which levels (of the level-based abilities, like Determination), and a similar thing that showed which spells became available at what primal scores.

Is this still around somewhere? I've searched around, and haven't found anything showing the dragon abilities and dragon spells together on one sheet. I haven't found dragon abilities anywhere at all yet.

Call of Fate had this one: http://www.calloffate.com/downloads/Dragon_crib.pdf
    but it only goes to lvl 50, and it's way out of date.

Default Re: Quick-reference for abilities & levels - where?

AE has a list of dragon abilities on their site. You can find it here, just look for dragon under adventure schools.

As for spells, I haven't seen an up to date list anywhere so here goes from my notes and brain. (:

Primal Skill Required / Name
    1 Breeze I
    1 True Grit I
    1 Prime Bolt I
    1 Gust I
    30 Tempest I
    40 Grazing Winds I
    50 Ignore Mysticism I
    70 Rejuvenating Breeze I
    90 Promote Vitality I
    100 Unrelenting Winds I
    100 Barrage I
    100 Improved Prime Bolt I
    130 Blast I
    150 Countercheck Primal I
    170 Quickening Breeze I
    180 Arcane Refusal I

The level required assumes we get 10 primal per level, so Blast requires lvl 13. For tier 2 add 200 primal skill to the requirements, tier 3 = +400, tier 4 = +600, and tier 5 = +800.
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

rooth

Ah, thanks. :) I did some research and verification and whatnot, and sat down and worked on this table of dragon spells. Looks like we get only 8 primal per level, I think, so if you want to be able to cast the spells as early as possible, you gotta pump Primal with skill points and quests (since only the base Primal is used).

Let me know what you think of the reference charts. :) I'd like to refine and complete it. Then, if I could translate it into forumese, it might be worth its own topic and maybe even a stickie.

Quote Originally Posted by rooth
    Looks like we get only 8 primal per level, I think, so if you want to be able to cast the spells as early as possible, you gotta pump Primal with skill points and quests (since only the base Primal is used).
    Aye, we do get 8 primal/level and now that the primal trainer's quests add to base, we get an effective 9 primal/level (until the quests stop at level 70). Currently, you still need to spend training points if you want to scribe the last half of the tier 5 spells... and over half your training points if you want to scribe a triple T5 teched Blast V with a 1080 primal requirement.

The chart looks good so far. :) I only see a couple little things to fix - Gale is another tech that can go on any of the damage spells and the two winds spells can only take the primal range tech.
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

Sanguine

That looks great Rooth! It covers a number of things I'd love to know but didn't want to try to fit into my own effort, a skills and spells by level chart. In particular the tech info and stats are Very helpful. Nice work. Thanks,

Sanguine, ivy dragon
    Axe and Anvil, Order

rooth

Quote Originally Posted by Tympest
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]rooth wrote:Looks like we get only 8 primal per level, I think, so if you want to be able to cast the spells as early as possible, you gotta pump Primal with skill points and quests (since only the base Primal is used).Aye, we do get 8 primal/level and now that the primal trainer's quests add to base, we get an effective 9 primal/level (until the quests stop at level 70). Currently, you still need to spend training points if you want to scribe the last half of the tier 5 spells... and over half your training points if you want to scribe a triple T5 teched Blast V with a 1080 primal requirement.
    Ooo, so eventually, I /will/ have some extra spiffy benefit to having a nearly maxed out Primal. :) Aside from .. hitting more often, or doing more damage, or whatever it does ordinarily. ;) I'm looking forward to having trip-tech T5 spells! :)

The chart looks good so far. [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img] I only see a couple little things to fix - Gale is another tech that can go on any of the damage spells and the two winds spells can only take the primal range tech.
    Oh, of course! I should have realized. Winds spells don't do damage, so how can they get damage-modifying techs? Doh. I suppose Accuracy /should/ work on them, 'cause, well, it's still subject to that, but I guess the devs didn't think so. *grin*

Okay, I added Gale, and fixed the Winds spells. Thanks!

rooth

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine
    That looks great Rooth! It covers a number of things I'd love to know but didn't want to try to fit into my own effort, a skills and spells by level chart. In particular the tech info and stats are Very helpful. Nice work. Thanks,
    A pleasure to serve the dragon community. :D

EDIT: killed all the stuff I said about spells/skills level chart. Didn't see Sanguine's post. Nice!!

Cheers!

Thread Information