Thread: Hello

Vallgerran

Default Hello

*ponders if any one he knew still plays*
    Im back, wasn't too much of a hard core player in the past, and I only played for about 3 months, and left disgruntled, but after cheking out some other MMORPGs, like my old fave DAoC I miss the comminty feel I got last year when I played this, sure it has problems, but this the only one where I find myself haveing to commincate to get things, in games with shops and such crafers are picky and sometimes rude, due to them knowing that there stuff is good, and there trades aren't common. In this game, at least last year, I spent most my timing working the flax feilds or dieing from some horrible misshap while hunting, but at the time I always had ppl to pester and chat with, and if needed lend me a hand with a plot me and a friend bought.

Anyways now that I rambled on, I am just got state that I am trying patiantly to get the game off the net and use the trial to see if its still got the comminty feel. Should be on within the week...

Default Re: Hello

Hello Istaria
    After playing EQII WOW LineageII Ryzom Guild Wars, and lets not forget the absolutly horrible Wish beta, I am back after lapsing my accounts for 3 months.
    I would point out some of the things that keep me coming back and playing.
    The Banking system(anyone really like Everquests nightmare of a bank?)
    The Cargo Disk(I love my cargo disk)
    Cargo Gear(I love my cargo gear)
    The brightness and vivid color of the of the world(Wow is colorfull but try to make the world bigger @ 1600x1200 Dont work)
    The camera(Zoom way back and cover yer arse while Mining)
    Player owned plots(lots of them now)and crafting structures.(The building Interface worksflawlessly now)
    The dynamic wheather(actually runthrough a rain and lightning storm,the weather in the big blights is also Increadible).
    Storage space in housing structures.(Restricted, Friends, orGuild Access)
    Unatended consignment of Items.(I love to log back on with more cash!)
    Creative characters(You can tell that the creative processes were flowing when they made this game.)
    Multiple crafting schools without getting caped on skills.(I HateForced Interactive Communist Societys)
    Road Speed Bonus!(who else does this?)
    The very easy to use crafting system(The ability to gather harvest minequarry, and make as much junk as I want)
    Well I could go on but Id rather spen more time playing.
    See ya in the Aug Mines.
    Happy new year!

Welcome back to Istaria Vallgerran [Y]
    - The Paladin is the Judge, the Jury and Executioner!
    - Zarcharien Justice - Lvl 100 Paladin & 71 Armorer
    - "Evil can only triumph, if Good stands by and does nothing."

You might not of known me, but I'd like to say Welcome Back!!

Things have changed since spring last year, but I don't think it has changed to the point where the feeling you have described is gone. And many of the changes are improvements!

One of the biggest changes is they have consolidated the shards. The 3 Role-playing shards have been combined into the shard, Order. The 5 non-RP shards have been combined into the shard, Chaos. And the European shards have been combined into the shard, Unity.

With the merger of the shards the old ownership of the plots went away, so your ownership of a plot is gone. But many new plots were added to the new shards and you might find a new one you like even better! I know on Order there still are many plots available.

A few of the changes that may of happened since you left:

Dragons have their Rite of Passage now andcan become adults & fly! And hopefully this month they will be getting their Ancient Rite of Passage and (finally!) Lairs.

You can now quest to delete adventure classes you no longer want!

We now have Satyrs and Dryads also as character choices.

We can now dye our armor! Including invisible for some types of characters!!

We have a lot of the forms & techs now. (Confectioners still could use some love!)

We have more types of cargo disks.

We have some small towns called Guild Plots that guilds can own.

We have some new beasties!!

When we woke up in the new shards we found that many of the monsters and resource areas had moved and some of the lands had changed including several new islands.

With the changes to the land the way the craft machines were set up had changed. The basic machines are found out in the fields, the machines to make finished products are found in the towns.

They have worked on many things since you left and I've only listed a very few.

Have fun in this ever-changing dream called Istaria!!
    Nellie/Ochre in Order
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

Welcome back! [:D]
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Thread Information