Thread: Accessing Red Walled Plot Storage Structures from outside the plot

Flin

Default Accessing Red Walled Plot Storage Structures from outside the plot

Just so everyone knows.. I saw a red walled plot yesterday with a storage structure that must have been set on "everyone".

You can access storage structures on red walled plots from outside of the red wall if you can get close enough to the structure. Please, EVERYONE who has a storage structure inside a red walled plot set the permissions to anything besides "all"..[:(] [N]

Default Re: Accessing Red Walled Plot Storage Structures from outside the plot

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    Better yet.

Remove the stupid red wall and simply set the structure permissions!

DEATH TO THE RED WALL!
    *Applauds* Red walls suck swamp water [;)]!

Agreed! When I run into a red wall, I instantly assume the plot owner is either an asocial jerk or a victim of a bug (*waves to Frons*). The only thing they do is prevent foot and air traffic over the plot. They do not prevent access to storage (more easily accomplished by individual structure permissions).

Now, if the devs ever grant a fond wish of mine and let us tile our lot with grass, and go into further insane detail by making that grass develop paths as people walk on it, I could see why one might want to stop people cutting corners across one's lot.

As it is, when I smack into a red wall and have to go around, towing a disk, I just get annoyed. If you want to fence off your property, put up a fence or a wall.

Anyone out there see a benefit to the red walls? Something actually useful about them? I'm open to persuasion by rational argument, here.

-Levity Merrel, Crai Aisling, Sans AoP once in Felathien, now Aiya, always redwall free
    92 Blacksmith/63 Fitter/45 Mason/45 Carpenter/77 Reaver

Ooooh I not be knowing about Frons anymore. It seems to me that hes been hoardin' his ale and not allowin' me to sample his new batch so he ups and sticks this red wall on his place. ButI sneaked up the other day and had me a word with his tavern keeper. I had to yell from outside but me and him go way back so he tells me Frons has not stocked him with any ale.

So the question is Frons, ol' boy. What are ya doin' with yer ale?

So not to hijack the thread totally there are those with a bug be it a red wall as around Fronzies or an invisible wall around Pangai. For these however, a re-log/flush world cache, will allow access.

And Jambi is open to all.
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Yesterday Amon on IRC tried to contact Frons to tell him that they understood something about the red wall bug on his plot (and I suppose on the similar plots on the other shards)...
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    Agreed! When I run into a red wall, I instantly assume the plot owner is either an asocial jerk or a victim of a bug (*waves to Frons*). The only thing they do is prevent foot and air traffic over the plot. They do not prevent access to storage (more easily accomplished by individual structure permissions).
    Actually, that would only be true if we could set the structure permissions in the same way as the plot permissions. If I've got storage that I want to limit to just my characters, I have to use the plot permissions because there is no "my account" or "character by name" options on the storage. Plot permissions at least have the second option.

Knowing that this might be an issue, I purposely picked a plot that was tucked into a corner that noone would need to run past, and probably not need to fly over. Then when they changed the way guild house storage worked, the whole plan went out the window anyway, and I've just not gotten around to changing the permissions.

I'd be much happier with "my account only" permissions on storage, so that I could open some of the storage up for guild use.

Flin

Well, the reason I posted the message here was because the guy with the red wall has a Storage building full of Mythril Armor and other gear, and I could access it.. I hesitate to get ahold of the owner becasue then if anything is missing I get the blame.. I tried getting ahold of his neighbor but no one has seen the neighboir for a bit.

I suspect the guy is the victim of a bug from someof the messages here

Aye, its annoying but hopefully they will fix it soon...
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Quote Originally Posted by Frons Von Frik
    Aye, its annoying but hopefully they will fix it soon...
    I hope so. I get around it strangely enough by switching to the opposite form that I'm in Khutit---> Dragon or vice versa. It really weirds me out especially when I'm trying to land in the center of his plot and hit air.

imported_Eileen Mavourneen

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    DEATH TO THE RED WALL!
    Hear, hear!

Thread Information