Thread: Re: Hmm...

I Love Muppets

Default Re: Hmm...

Judging by the answers and by the fans' version of "personal attacks", I think I can get a pretty good idea of how these forums are going to be handled.

In that case, I hope for ya'lls sake the game gets better, or I can foresee a ton of locked posts.

I Love Muppets

It seems Destroy was perma-banned for his thread without any warning.

It makes sense now. [B]

I still have 2 active subscriptions to the game, for another six months. So I have a right to be here and to comment.

There is still freedom of speech in this country.

Soulfyre

There is still freedom of speech in this country.
    I love comments like this on the internet..

And just which of the dozens of countries people select in that list to play this game from do you refer to? Your's is not the only one..

I have not seen Destroy or comments like this provide any real constructive purpose other than trying to cause petty dissention and further rumors. He got his answers. They didn't say what HE wanted. He further badgered and insulted. He got locked. If that tells you "how these forums are going to be handled"... good. It tells me they shall be handled maturely!

Such threads are only posted so those like you can get glee, grin at each other, pat each others backs and say "good one" on your own little forums. If that sort of false sense of community, security and importance makes your world better for you.. then I guess.. good for you. I am happy for you. I do hope you all find some fun somewhere else and let a shred of your bitterness die already though. It would be alot healthier for you, really.. it would.

See Dangit..WE DO need a Rant Forum!!

Come on, otherwise it bleeds into the rest of the board, and you end up with another..well...

We need a Rant Forum :).

quote from Kumu Honua: "Freedom of speech has absolutly nothing to do with a forum on a privatly owned forum.

Why do people simply not understand that?"

It is not a question of "understanding." There are still diverse views here, and as long as I am a paying member of this community, I shall feel free to express my own views. Privately owned (note the spelling of the word "privately" for your future reference) yes -- by me and you and anyone who pays for this game.

And that is absolutely (again, note spelling for your future reference) my opinion.

Syn

I personally welcome the views of players and others involved with a game I'm interested in, past and present. When I'm choosing a game to play, I check the forums of several game sites to get a feel for what type of experiences others have had.

I find that it matters more to me to know how the developers operate and what type of thinking they do with a persistent world game as opposed to a 'stand-alone' game. With a stand-alone game, I can read reviews, articles, talk to friends and I will know a great deal about the game and judge my desire to play it. It will be the same game when I buy it as it was when my friend played it, so the information is directly applicable. I also expect to invest a relatively short amount of time playing these types of games, with the exceptions of the favorites I find that have good replayability.

I have spent as much as 4 years playing a persistent world game. When I invest that amount of time into the game world, I have a greater interest in knowing what is likely to occur in the future. Knowing something about past practices tells me something about what is likely to occur in the future.

I find that I can distinguish between a post where someone just wants to put down a game and one where someone is trying to warn others of a bad experience. I ignore the first and cherish the second. Sometimes I find that what the other person's bad experience was would be exactly the type of experience I'm looking for. One example, when people complained that there would be no PvP in Horizons, I took that as good news.

I am glad to see moderation in game forums. A forum with nothing but empty and meaningless posts would not get much viewing from me. I also recognize when I'm being 'spin-doctored' and that is a big warning sign that I'm not getting useful information with which to draw my own conclusions.

I am the consumer. Ultimately it is mymoney that will make or break the company providing the product or service. When I feel my money has been taken and services promised are not delivered, you can expect that I will tell many others about it. I also listen when others are warning me and I find it a sign of a healthy game and game company when little effort is required to hush unhappy previous players. I especially appreciate when someone with experience can say 'hey, you won't actually get what xxxx is telling you' because they have already been there.

Quote from Soulfyre: "I love comments like this on the internet..

"And just which of the dozens of countries people select in that list to play this game from do you refer to? Your's is not the only one.."

The United State of America. Hope that clears up your confusion.

"Such threads are only posted so those like you can get glee, grin at each other, pat each others backs and say "good one" on your own little forums. If that sort of false sense of community, security and importance makes your world better for you.. then I guess.. good for you. I am happy for you. I do hope you all find some fun somewhere else and let a shred of your bitterness die already though. It would be alot healthier for you, really.. it would."

Hope you will take your own advice. This community here is becoming quite bitter and hostile to outsiders and defensive to any criticism. It is like a cornered animal. It's really sad that things have come to this.

Soulfyre

*archs a brow* Mmmm.. I see that my subtle point has totally eluded you. It is ok though, I tried.

Hint: I was not confused at all. There was a hidden clue in that question. I am from the U.S.A. too. I do notassume the net is only bound to our beliefs.

Good day, here's some pepto. Laugh, find friends.. lower blood pressure! But try to find better reasons than at the expense of others!

( You will note the dry humor, the smile still on my face.. that's right.. I am not bitter! Imma happy dragon. Trying to incite common sense and respectis not "hostile". Trying to demolish something others enjoy just to prove a point and "be right" however.. is. Just because one has their own little forums.. doesn't mean they are not or can not be a part of these as well.If the criticism is actually constructive. )

On the contrary: you are obviously angry and pretending not to be as an argument tactic. That is the WORST thing for the bloodpressure.

I did notice your "subtle" point, which I found patronizing. Clearly you have decided that I in particular am a member of a group that you have created in your own mind, a group that doesn't exist, but a group that you think must exist just so you can continue to be rightand secure in your beliefs.

And you assume this argument tactic of beneficence ingivingme kind advice about how to change myself so that I may be a happy person like you. Because you care about me and want me to see the error of my ways in disagreeing with you, because then I will be happier. Yet it is just a veiled way for you to insult me by saying that I am bitter and whatever else, i.e. judging me on a personal level, rather than thinking I might have a valid point of view.

Very manipulative and dishonest of you.

I merely pointed out that some of the people who are still subscribers to this game are critical of it and just about every new development. Day by day the chinks fall into place that guarantee I will not play again. If you really cared about the game, you would not be so eager to make sure that people who are on the brink of leaving will actually do so. But as the game gets smaller and smaller, I find myself more and more an outsider of the "community."

It is, as I said, really sad, since the community was once the best aspect of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by arseovrteakettl
    Hope you will take your own advice. This community here is becoming quite bitter and hostile to outsiders and defensive to any criticism. It is like a cornered animal. It's really sad that things have come to this.
    See, I have to disagree wiht this. There were TONS of negative and critical (and constructive critical) threads on tazoon before it got trashed. And no, unlike others I really don't see a huge conspiracy by AE to shutdown Tazoon just because there wree lots of negative threads.

There were always tons of negative threads, all over tazoon.

There are negative threads here, negative discussions - but they are put in a more constructive manner than just "ranting".

*this* community isn't being hostile and bitter to anyone who gives valid critisicms.

*This* Community is becomign hostile and bitter to people who trolls these boards for the express purpose of pissing people off and causing trouble and, perhaps more specifically, trying to show their superiority by saying "ha ha, you play a broken game, what an idiot you are - but I'm smarter because I only post here".

THAT is what is being "locked down" here, and quite frankly - more power to Dangit and the mods for doing it. I"m sick of having to read trolls, I'm sick of people who come to forums who've not played the game in 6 months but for some reason feel better about themselves by putting those who STILL Play the game down.

Don't you *SEE* a difference there? There is lots of critisim going on right now about the game, and suggestions, and etc.etc.etc. - people who are able to do so in a mature manner. But that's a big difference from posters who quit the game 6 months ago and just want to gripe about how they were ripped off (or whatever they gripe about), how AE is goign down the tubes, and how stupid we are still are for playign the game.

There is a difference. I'm sorry you don't seem willing to see it.

SirFrog

Wow... that is all I can say.

Everyone step away from the keyboards and go outside and smell the fresh air. It is a beautiful day outside.

Soulfyre

Quote Originally Posted by arseovrteakettl
    On the contrary: you are obviously angry and pretending not to be as an argument tactic. That is the WORST thing for the bloodpressure.

I did notice your "subtle" point, which I found patronizing. Clearly you have decided that I in particular am a member of a group that you have created in your own mind, a group that doesn't exist, but a group that you think must exist just so you can continue to be rightand secure in your beliefs.

And you assume this argument tactic of beneficence ingivingme kind advice about how to change myself so that I may be a happy person like you. Because you care about me and want me to see the error of my ways in disagreeing with you, because then I will be happier. Yet it is just a veiled way for you to insult me by saying that I am bitter and whatever else, i.e. judging me on a personal level, rather than thinking I might have a valid point of view.

Very manipulative and dishonest of you.

I merely pointed out that some of the people who are still subscribers to this game are critical of it and just about every new development. Day by day the ***s fall into place that guarantee I will not play again. If you really cared about the game, you would not be so eager to make sure that people who are on the brink of leaving will actually do so. But as the game gets smaller and smaller, I find myself more and more an outsider of the "community."

It is, as I said, really sad, since the community was once the best aspect of this game.
    *Blank stare.. starts to shuffle off but just has to pause and gawk again for a few at the display*

Well.. seeing as you seem to telepathically know my mind for me and plan to speak it for me... by all means.. go ahead. ( Might wanna search and compare some of my posts to all of yours and then decide who is in denial of pent up anger. )

Hrrm.. lets see..

Because I disagreed with you by stating my personal point of view two times in only two threads of yours ever, ones in which a majority did similar.. I have somehow become a dishonest, manipulative, patronizing, insulting, judgemental, delusional, angry person in denial of my true self with a vendetta to oust you from the community who can't possibly be happy? However did I manage that? *boggles*

And I am the one taking it to a "personal level"? *slight raise of a brow* I admit perhaps it came off a tad patronizing. But it is a tone or air.. not a personal insult.

I could say more, but I at least read the rules I accepted when I joined the forum. I will be the civil one I guess.. I appologize for my dry humor and manners, I know well they can be misunderstood. I shall walk away and just overlook you from now on.

Soulfyre

Quote Originally Posted by SirFrog
    Wow... that is all I can say.

Everyone step away from the keyboards and go outside and smell the fresh air. It is a beautiful day outside.
    *twirly eyed hypnotic stare* Yesh master frog.. I go to do your bidding!

But.. but.. can I have coffee first? Pleeeeeeeeeeease?

at least this is off topic and not bleeding into the rest of the forums.. but enough.. enough... move on.

Hey Frith, I call it as I see it. Thanks for the dressing down though.

You seem to be imputing to me things that I think you'd be hard pressed to find evidence to support.

All I said was, in response to someone saying they were sick of people who don't play the game anymore, that I am still a subscriber and I have a right to post here.

Somehow that got people calling me bitter and trolling and all those other things you just heaped on my head.

Go back and read the thread.

Why do people say stuff like "I'm sorry you don't seem willing to see it?" When you have couples in your office for counselling, what exactly do you think when one says something like that to the other?

If people really want me to leave, they are doing a good job of making it happen.

How can you act like you sometimes do on RR and then turn around and pull something like this?

NOTE added: look, I just get kind of sick of posting here and then having people make fun of the stuff I say (like Kumu and Soulfyre commenting on my statement "this is still a free country") or do a character analysis of me, being told then that I "don't understand" something, or that I need pepto bismol. I was just calling you guys on that ********. I was just giving you back what you were sending out. If you don't like it, then next time be a little kinder yourselves.

All I did was say "I am a subscriber and I have a right to post here."After that, I was just defending myself. I really get sick of being blamed for notletting the crap slide by, but sometimes it just gets to be too much.

*sigh* act like what on RR and here - I'd do the same thing there if you made the same comment there. And don't take it so personally, I dont like hate you or anything.

That comment I quoted was exactly what you said. It was the only thing I was talking about. Nothing else. Everything I said was directly related to YOUR comment about how Tazoon didn't welcome a dissenting opinion.

*shrug*

edit: oh yea, and the whole purpose of this thread was about Destroy being banned - which is why you came and posted in it. So my comment was also related to that, Why Destroy's thread is banned. All that stuff about "you not understanding that" was my opinon on how Destroy'sthread is one type of ranting/baiting - which is different from criticism about the current state of the game. And I say the same to anyonewho thinks Destroywas banned unfairly. In fact, I was actually goign to Rant about all the trollers trying to crash in here and gripe..over in RR..thanks for reminding me. [:D]

I dunno. Is it really taking it personally to react when someone directs comments like the following to YOU?

"Such threads are only posted so those like you can get glee, grin at each other, pat each others backs and say "good one" on your own little forums. If that sort of false sense of community, security and importance makes your world better for you.. then I guess.. good for you. I am happy for you. I do hope you all find some fun somewhere else and let a shred of your bitterness die already though. It would be alot healthier for you, really.. it would."

"Don't you *SEE* a difference there? ...There is a difference. I'm sorry you don't seem willing to see it."

"Good Riddance. If he can't handle an answer he is given and instead attack the people for that answer, then we don't need him here. There are plenty of naysayers that aren't banned. They however don't put out personal attacks. Destroy simply cannot control his mouth."

"No, that's just being paranoid over your view that you believe that Destroy wasn't banned for a valid reason. You were specifically told that you could discuss the court hearings. All Dangit said to you was to not post documents, or discuss personal information. Such as how much money XXX at AE makes. To me it looks like you are seeking a way to be "Persecuted" on the boards."

These are just examples of the sorts of things that people say to each other that, when I read them, get my hackles up, particularly when they are directed at me. Oddly, one of these posters is doing exactly what he is AT THE VERY SAME MOMENT decrying another person for doing. Again, because only "certain people" have been outright banned from these forums, and they are (in my opinion) not acting any worse than other people who are prominent members of the forum, I have to ask: why is it okay to be rude/judgmental/patronizing EVER?

I am not seeing a fair application of the rules here. I am seeing someone in disagreement with the mods being censored or banned, while those who are in agreement are not called on their ******** EVER. But bad behavior is bad behavior.

Thread Information