Thread: I just came back to Hz's after a 5 month break

Ulf

Default I just came back to Hz's after a 5 month break

OK so a bit ago i got a mail asking me to come back, i was a bit sceptical after all the problems i used to, so i signed up.

After 4 days ago i installed the game, all through the day the screen showed all servers down..ok..maybe a patch?

Second day, all servers down.. what the heck? Eventually i discovered that its normal for trial user to have the servers listed as down (i thought this was a joke at first)

So nearly 3 days into the trial i get logged in, after patching, which took about 5 hours as it get telling me it couldnt download file XXXX and i had to log my second support ticket.

3 days in, i got in!! I wait nearly 10 minutes for the game to load, and start running around, my first sight as i came to New Brommel was all these grey shadow people walking around, after 5 mins they suddenly changed and i realised they were actually real people.

An hour of playing the servers went down for maintenance. At this point i thought AE were doing it on purpose, so i went out with the wife and kids to the park, came back 4 hours later, log in and ..Servers down!

I decide to give it up for the day, and come back yesterday, i start crafting, and discover that something changed to crafting, i havent read through the change logs, as it was too long..but i remember crafting was Hz's saving grace, but what on earth happened, its horrible now, half of the components i was asking about in the market channel were apparently not available yet..ummaky.

I gave up crafting and started fighting..OMG i feel lied to, people said combat lag was gone, but holy... ti was back with a vengence with me, and for some reason Horizons decided to CTD every few mobs i killed. Great. When i did kill a mob without crashing, i could NOT loot it..what the.. hours of hunting and i could loot maybe 5% of everythign i killed...i dont remember this bug from when i last played in March or April..

The community atmosphere was terrible, EVERYONE was ranting about plots, crafting machines, missing craft items, mobs not attacking, missing mobs, epic quests not working, people were not helpful as i remember, infact a few people reccommended i just canceled my account as it wasnt worth it any more.

I decided to keep playing, and at some point mobs stopped doing anything, i was attacking them, but they just stood there, none aggro'd me, none would die, and they even vanished on me.

At this point i realised the email i was sent about horizons improvements is mostly fabricated.

Then came the killer, im 5 days into my account, how do i cancel.. After an hour of trying to figure out i logged my 3rd ticket, to receive a nice reply saying something to the effect of "Sorry this is a known issue, please call XXXX to cancel. WTF!

I called the company, which was an internation number and cost me a fortune, to have them tell me it would take 7 days to process my account!! WTF!? I asked if the monthly charge would be cancelled, to which i was advised yes it would be deducted from my credit card, and in future i should give 7 days notice to cancel.. HELLO!!! its a 7 day free trial!!!
    I promptly called my telephone banking and explained it to them, after 20 minutes they agreed with me this was not acceptable, and against the banking code and they would investigate the company for me, as this policy is illegal in this country.

Horizons is still a joke, and im sad to say that over half my free trial was spent with servers down, logging support tickets, talking to the horizons billing people and talking to my bank.

Not being able to cancel is a disgrace, and i hope my bank come back with something i can use to sue the hell out of the company shoudl they even *TRY* to charge my card.

All i want now, is an Horizons email i can use to email my official complaint, and to give to the trading standards people for my complaint.

I have never expereinced anything like this before, and i still cant really beleive im having to do all this just to make sure £12 isnt stolen from my card.

Russus

Default Re: I just came back to Hz's after a 5 month break

Umm, you didn't notice that your chars were clickable on the login page?

You didn't notice that if you had bothered to try, the servers have been up with few problems for over a week, and you could have logged in anyway?

You didn't notice that the lag is actually much less, and if yours is still as bad as it was before, you should investigate your isp...

You didn't notice many things apparently.

You also didn't notice that the game is definitely going uphill.

lol, you just made my day.

Ulf

My bad. I should have realised what "SERVER DOWN" meant was CREATE YOUR CHAR. In fact the Create a Char box was greyed out. Sorry i come from the normal MMOG convention of when i see a server down screen, i kinda believe it.

I would have *loved* to notice how little the lag was, except the servers we down 50% of the time, looting sometimes took 15 seconds to pop up with the actual loot, or maybe how i just fell down with a "you have 1 DP" message even though my HP armour etc were all at 100%. Or my vault took 30 seconds to open, or how most people appear as grey shadows for about 10 seconds as they get loaded, or how mobs tended to just vanish on me whilst fighting.

Going uphill? i cant comment, the game didnt work long enough for me to discover that.

And its great how Im being ripped off into subscribing as Horizons and their billing company cannot cancel my account unless i give 7 days notice, even though its a 7 day trial.

Again i would like an email or number for AE or GN to hand on to my bank and trading standards.

Ark_Veinsplitter

Hi,

I recently subscribed to the free trial (It made me enter my CC detail in) Will i be billed when it ends on Tuesday? How do i cancel mine? i cant find the cancel button? (im not decided whether i will stay to play, but am a bit worried ill be charged anyway)

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ulf
    My bad. I should have realised what "SERVER DOWN" meant was CREATE YOUR CHAR. In fact the Create a Char box was greyed out. Sorry i come from the normal MMOG convention of when i see a server down screen, i kinda believe it.
    Maybe you should have bothered to read the posts on the login page such as this one here

"The shard status in the top right corner of the webpage incorrectly showing all the shards as offline. As long as your character is not showing as being under maintenance on the left side of the webpage you should be able to log in."
    Kalis Stormbreaker Dragon lvl 100/61

Maybe Horizons should try ang get it's act together and stop expecting potential new customers to bend over backwards to understand what a situation they're in, and realize that when they do see what's going on, they're going to RUN to other mmo's. Almost EVERYTHING Ulf mentioned in the laundry list is true in some form. Sad too, as any number of things on that list will turn away almost ANY player. Horizons' trump card was crafting, but the key word is, WAS. Not anymore. A shame too, was the one thing that kept me playing. Well, that and the community (to an extent, the ranting he mentioned is also present).

Game going uphill? What game are YOU playing?
    Gouki, lvl60 Priest, Stormrage

Windzor

Ok, what i want to know is, how did you even get to log in? I still cant even make an account. I tried to make an account and all my user info is already in thier database and cannot be used again. I had canceled my account a long time ago.

Windzor

Windzor just login using your old informations, this shouldn't be any trouble, they kept the chars and login informations.

Horizons Empire

be careful the fanbois will beat you up for stating the truth.

Ulf

As i stated you i was trying to CREATE A NEW CHARACTER. My old characters were all ready deleted.

Horizons is rediculous, there are people all over here post that they cant create trial chars, yet there is not even a FAQ to state how, i had to log a support ticket just to log in.

Why should *I* have to bend over backwards to get a game working, its my money they want. AE want me to play, AE sent me the mail full of patch notes.

And once again, i would like an EMAIL OR PHONE of AE or GN to pass to my bank and trading Standards as they requested. Will no Moderator or AE person even give me that, despite the fact your billing process is illegal? I personally will not stand for such fraud, this should not happen with a computer game,a seedy back street ******** site maybe. I want my money back, i want justice, and it seems legal advice is the only way.

I will not be posting again, i think some of you are a bit deluded about horizons, the only reason i got a char created was because i had played the game before, if i was a new player, i would have un-installed it almost striaght away.

Thread Information