Thread: Consignment And Caps

imported_Stromgard

Default Consignment And Caps

Since I still have an hour to kill (patch size notification thread) thought I'd take the opportunity to throw out a couple of the ideas I've had going around in the old head. My apologies if either or both of them have already been submitted since I don't get a chance to look at these boards in a way I would like.

Consignment: I would like to see an incentive along with a reward for players who have consignment shops that actively try to run them beyond the selling of items. I purpose that the fee charged by the consigners be split between the empire and that person's guild treasury. The money would go in to a treasury account of a guild if they are a member of one to be controlled by the guildmaster or designated member. If the owner of the consigner is not a member of a guild then the full fee would go to the empire as it does now.

Some Pros-Would encourage active participation in maintaining a viable consigner. Would create a voluntary tax you may say for the guild to build a fund up.

Some Cons-Players would use the consigners as a storage device. That already happens and don't think it would encourage it any further becoming 1/2 priced (or whatever the percentage). Way, way back in UO when there was a weight limitation in personal bank box I had a guild member who had 40 boats he used for storage. Each boat cost about 11K, which was a fair amount of coin. Bottom line, some people are just packrats and will do it no matter what the cost is if there is a way.

Caps: I'm not opposed to a player multi-classing a character even though I personally havemy character asa level 89 paladin with an adventure rating ofthe same. My personal preference is having a "pure" character and not becoming a DAD (do all dude).I'll admit Ihave fudged a little when I took my character up a few extra cleric levels to gain dispirit foe. I will also admit thatwith the currentpopulations on the shards thatpeople who have leveled in multiple crafting classes are sort of a godsend in trying to accumulate gear. It's still very difficult toget outfitted but cringe at the thought of players limited in crafting schools at this point.

I would purpose that for adventure classes that instead of nerfing those who multi-class or make it more difficult to achieve that the game should give a reward to those who have a pure adventure class. I'll use my dispirit foe as the benchmark here in that it needs to be a reward that would make me want to give it up. Let's say that I reachlevel 50 paladin with my adventure rating the same. Perhaps then I would get dispirit foe as a reward. When I hit level 100 then I would get something like "judgement Day" ability that can be used once an hour that gives all members in a group 2X damage on weapon and spells for say 2 minutes.

Taking this a little further perhaps, if a character has entered a school and hasthe same adventure rating they could be allowed to one time only join an inner circle club or whatever you want to call it. That club wouldgive out quests to be done and on completion the player would recieve points based on the difficulty. These points then could be traded in for a special item, say a sword that has a special ability that grows with the character as they advance. Whatever these items are they will not be tradeable and if you lose membership in the clubthey are no longer useable. Once a player has taken the one time opportunity to join a club, if they switch schools they are removed from the clubnever to be able to join it or another again.

Pros-Might encourage players to have characters that are single classed. Allows for a more diverse range of players.

Cons-Personally don't see AE (no knock on them, all games seem to have the mentality of nerfing instead of fixing-it's the easier path) coming up with something meaningful to accomodate successful use of this.

Well, that's a couple of the ideas I've had and if I don't get totally scorched on these maybe I'll come out and play again with some others I've had. Have fun with this :)

Default Re: Consignment And Caps

Yeah i know im heavily multiclassed, cause i got bored with nothing to further to do.. so i started taking another class.. and another.. atleast for the gaming company this is alot better than if player X quits the game.. and hey you learn some new abilities and gain some good stats..

I just do not get the *reward for beeing pure* thing it sounds kind of like *i want a reward, but hey i dont want to do the work for it ormulticlass*

Fine if there where any quests for abilities that where only avalible through questing, but limiting this to toons with 1 class and the same rating as the class, i think this would be bad since this game promotes multiclassing and most people have a few lvls of cleric or a few lvls of monk.
    100 Warrior |100 Guardian |100 Healer
    Unity [former Ice]

wich one would you pick ?

Thread Information