Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: A simple solution to a tough problem.

Default Re: A simple solution to a tough problem.

For the record, I never saw it as an exploit, just using the choice word by some.

I also never saw a problem with the Pawn Brokers as they stand. I do, however have one question...

If the way the pawnbrokers operate are now suddenly a problem and allows people to make money hand over fist, why then did AE allow us to make tiered pawnbrokers that WILL pay more if you sell to that pawnbroker?

Will this mean that our own personal pawnbrokers that we spent time to build will be worthless to us now because if they limit the funds or amount you can sell and we happen to log in after our own PB taps out for the day, we're SOL?
    Arirabeth Quickfingers
    Shaliwyn Whisperwing
    Arydun Wyr`Thalu
    ~Mystic Blades~ Order
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    Damnit Jim! I'm a gnome not a lemming!

Quote Originally Posted by Leannae
    If the way the pawnbrokers operate are now suddenly a problem and allows people to make money hand over fist, why then did AE allow us to make tiered pawnbrokers that WILL pay more if you sell to that pawnbroker?

Will this mean that our own personal pawnbrokers that we spent time to build will be worthless to us now because if they limit the funds or amount you can sell and we happen to log in after our own PB taps out for the day, we're SOL?
    Two excellent questions.

With regards to the second: That is exactly why Smeglor's initial concept, as presented,will result inlocked PB farms around high-tier resources.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Another point to make in this issue. At the present I am working on gatherer/miner skills. After Imake a load of yew boards what am I to do with them if my "cap" on what I can PB is eaten up for the day? At present I turn them into something I can sell to raise my cash flow. This is not the case when I am working a class such as weaponsmith where I am deconning what I create to increase experiance.

So am I to delete the boards, bars, bricks? I have at times given bricks to dragons. I have offered to trade tools I could make in exchange for quarry/mining assistance. (I was turned down rather abrubtly) So...limit the PBs and force me to either delete these bars/bricks/boards or just keep giving them away. Are you willing to come out to where I work and wait by the machine while I go out for another load? Not many wish to sit doing nothing.

Or maybe we should cap the amount of money an adventurer can earn in a day? Hmmm?

So delete...delete...delete..
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Let me offer "large" guilds as an analogy of what I think Aamer is complaining about and wanting to "fix."

I belong to a small guild on Order. Now the large guilds on Order (and I suspect Chaos and Unity as well) have a number of advantages over small guilds:

1) Large guilds usually have a number of high level crafters who will build out your lots for free. Small guilds don't.

2)Large guilds usually have a number of high level adventurers who, on "guild hunts" will powerlevel your starting character from 1 to at least 80 in a week. Small guilds don't.

3) Accordingly, large guilds have a major advantage over smaller guilds.

Hypothesis: Large guilds are unfair and "abuse" the system.

Solution: Nerf guilds so that the maximum number of members is limited to 20, AND limit the number of 80+ level adventurers in the guild is limited to FIVE.

What Aamer wants to do amounts to the same thing. Because he chooses not to make coin by grinding out unwanted resources/items, no one else should either, because that gives them an "advantage."

More importantly, as Gusi (and others) have very aptly pointed out in this thread, the devs have a LOT more important problems to fix than Aamer's perceived problem with player-crafters in the game.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Its allabout fun. Why with the current economy and the normal playstyle would anyone want to start playing Horizons? Can become a high level adventurer and find tech components, forms and techniques for crafters. Then enter a chat and have auctions!! Yahooo! man thatsa a blast for about a week. Or become a high level crafter and pawnbroke goofy tools over and over for coin to buy tech comps, forms, and techs. The two even in combination is not much fun for most. I wouldnt recommend Horizons to any friends because I would have a hard time explaining why its fun.

The biggest selling point of this game is the crafting! How could the economy not be an important issue? This thread is a big problem, bigger than some lag, bigger than a few bugs, bigger than unbalances in classes. All games have these problems, but people deal withit because theyare FUN. Horizons is no longer fun or maybe it never was. Why are many complaining about not being able to find someone to make crafted goods? Why are many complaining that techs and forms are selling for insane prices? Because there is less people playing to make or find these items. They left gone poof. I find it hard that anyone could justify the current playstyle of pawnbroking fun. It might be relaxing, might make you feel important, maybe a little satisfied and content. But not fun. Not fun enough for a new player to look around and say hey man this is great! A bunch of old vets pawning stuff and mindlessly leveling another craft or adventure class to 100 while I cant even get a stupid iron pick ax.

Yes yes I know here it comes. Well you may not be having fun but I am responses. BS You might enjoy grinding levels and achieving personal goals but you cannot enjoy losing friends, guildies and others. All we the players can do is throw out ideas and quit denying the truth although it might hinder our personal goals for the good of the game. The devs must do the rest. Some might have problems with powerleveling, pawnbroking, powercrafting whatever but if the game promoted others playstyles and new meaningful things to do would any of us find them to be a problem? Heck no,we could be fighting back the blight, helping on meaningfull construction projects, opening up shops, dueling, organizing fun community events. All the while the powerlevelers and coin herders could still enjoy their playstyle.

ITS NOT US PEOPLE! ITS THE GAME

redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes!

Not going to read the entire 5 pages of posts, so flame me if you will.

Let me start by saying this is the most assinine idea I have ever read.

Pawn Brokers did not break the economy. The Dwarven Blacksmith Trainer broke the economy. In any MMO, any money exploit if left in for ANY extended length of time will completely and utterly destroy the economy. Look at UO. Lake Austin, new shard.....deed into ingot exploit, pretty soon LA gold is the most devauled gold amongst all the shards.

Now onto why removing pawnbrokers is a bad idea:

With most players having all the equipment they need, who am I going to sell my wares to? I'm a new tier 1 spellcrafter.......thanks to the great elder players who are stocking the Noobie Island connies, I'm shut out. THey can craft more than I can and at lower prices. Ok I can't sell spells. I know! Let me become an outfitter!! Wait, again items are already up for sale at a lower price than I can charge and still remain cash flow positive.......and so on down the list.

Another problem is the lack of low level players in Horizons. Yes some new blood does come in. Some (not all) join a guild and get what they need through them (Yes Amer, proving your post calling out guilds to stop giving free stuff to members).

So new player enters the game, finds no market for his goods, yet needs cash to purchase goods. Hrmmmm, I'll go hunt! Yes he can hunt the noob islands for some cash. Not sure if this is enough for a full set of gear at that level. The other alternative is selling to the pawnbroker! "Whoa! I can craft, level up, AND make money!" <new player heads out to the sandstone fields to make some shards......>

Do you see where I'm going with this? Maybe if Horizons had the player base to support a player-run economy, then yes the pawn brokers might not be needed. However, will the inflatoin of some things in game, aside from semi-broke spawn system, the only sure and reliable way any new player has to make money is to craft and sell to the pawn broker.

We can come to the conclusion that there are 2 high level reasons why the economy of Istaria is borked:

1. Cash Exploits being left in game for an extended period of time.
    2. Lack of players at the base level.

So yes! Lets remove the only sure fire way of a player making money in this world! Yes let's make crafters store unusable resources on their plots! Yes let's make high level crafters interact wtih high level players who already have their custom gear! Yes!!!! Let's have half of the populatoin of Istaria camp Fire Ogres, Bloodsnot Grouks! Yes! Let's have the other half group up, head into the WD and mass kill blights!! (average of 200c per kill if in a group of 4).

<casts flame ward V on herself>

Have at it.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Old Economy Engine

Coin comes in via:
    Monsters(most coin)
    NPCs(Trainers/Imperial Officials)
    Pawnbrokers(A fair amount came in this way)
    Quests

Coin goes out via:
    Plot purchases from the Empire
    Some purchasing from NPCs
    Portal Fees
    Consigner Fees

Result:
    The start of a gold glut (gold exploits didn't help)

• Players pay inflated prices for plots, rare items & forms, and the newest monster dropped item, form, or tech until the market gluts.
      Some players complain that plots are too rare
      Some players complain monster dropped special items are too common.
      Some players complain that teched items shouldn't be common.
      Some players also complain that coin on monsters is not realistic.
      Some players complain that some people are camping and coin & tech/form farming certain types of monsters.
      AE adds more plots at higher prices which are rapidly snatched up by the players.
      AE then decides to revamp the economy.

New Economy Engine

Coin comes in via:
    Pawnbrokers
    Trophy Hunters
    Trainers
    Quests
    Monsters(a small amount)

Coin goes out via:
    Vielo
    New expensive Plots purchased from the Empire
    Some purchasing from the NPCs
    Portal Fees
    Consigner Fees
    Gambling

Result:
    Much less gold at this time due to the need for the items on the Vielo and the desire to own larger Plots. This will lessen as the need for what's on the Vielo lessens & when the most expensive plots are all bought. Gold will start to accumulate again unless new sinks are brought in.

• AE decides to change the economy during the merging of the shards (which includes a much diminished monster drop of tech components, forms, & techs, as well as how coin is procured & how crafting works).
      This is accidentally devastating and many players leave due to not being able to cope with such a massive change on top of all the other changes that the Merge brought.
      Players now pay inflated prices for rare items, tech components, high lvl. forms, & techs.
      The market is much slower to glut on high lvl. forms & techs.
      Part of the Gold Glut is being siphoned off via the Vielo.
      Some players complain about the lack of coin and the low level of special items on monsters.
      Some players complain that some people are hoarding techs & high lvl. forms.
      Some players complain that some people are camping and farming certain types of monsters.
      Some players complain that people are coin farming the Pawnbrokers.
      Some Players complain about the prices on the Vielo.
      Due to the high stress of adapting to so much change as well as the loss of friends, companions, and supply lines some players funnel their stress into blaming others and the system.

Stop dinking with the system!!

The system is working like AE meant it to. The plot purchases and the much despised Vielo are pulling gold out of the system like it was planned. The slow increase of techs & forms via monsters give the Vielo that much more time to pull gold out of the system before things turn around and we start slowly gaining a gold glut again. Again, like it was planned!

This fussing that a few people prefer getting their gold via use of the pawnbroker is just silly. Why are you all so upset with the way they are getting their gold? Some have said because these same people are using their pawnbroker gold to win the bids during auctions. So what this is really boiling down to is envy. Some people happen to have enough gold to pay whatever outragious sum to purchase what they want(whether they used the Pawnbroker or not). So what?! There will be more forms & techs. I noticed just last week that people have started to put forms and occasionally techs on the Connies now at more reasonable prices on Order. The saturation has started and unless AE changes things again, it will continue. Not as fast as before the Merge, but it is happening and will happen. You will eventually get your forms and techs!

Aamer, don't blame the Pawnbrokers for the fact that there's not a lot on the Connies. There are other factors that are much bigger causes for this problem.

1. We are now more of a upper level skill society. Why look on Connies when you know you can go into the Market Chat and ask for someone to buy or sell to you, or just send a msg. to the crafter/crafters of choice?

2. Again, we are now more of a upper level skill society. Why craft or buy items that give you no experience? There isn't enough of an influx of new players to make it worth it monetarily. (Many blessings on those who do put basic items at inexpensive prices at the Newcomer towns!)

3. Our player infrastructure is gone. Many of the adventurers that used to supply the crafters are gone. Many of the crafters are also gone.

We, the survivors, not only are having to deal with an economy where the higher level forms, techs, & components are rare, but we are also adapting to new rules for obtaining resources & crafting, we are also busy trying to build/rebuild our housing & machine shops, and we are grieving for the friends we have lost. This is a lot for a community to adapt to with a lot of it's guts pulled out.

But! We are doing it!
    Crafters are changing to Adventurer/Crafters just to survive gathering resources; Adventurers are changing to Adventurer/Crafters just to make some basic equipment for themselves; a chunk of the most necessary building has now been done and those crafters that had to shoulder that due to many of the established builders being gone are now being able to start to adventure to get the needed forms, techs, & components for their trades. Everyone is evolving and starting to fill in the huge gaps. But evolution on this scale takes time and we are just now beginning to show the earliest results.

So everyone, stop playing the Blame Game!
    Dragons against Bipeds, Adventurers against Crafters, Havenots against Haves, Playstyle against Playstyle....Enough!
    Most of you that are very vocal in these forums also have the potential of being leaders. Use your potential and help mend, not tear. Think back, what was fun as a Community? I mean besides the massive events such as freeing of the Satyrs. Things likes interguild hunts, story nights, group dragon weddings, a night of running a quest just for young players, just to name a few. Think up fun things that you can do with and for others.
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

Bless you Unicorns lady, for outlining very clearly why we are in the current state we are in.

But I need to correct a few misconceptions about me and this thread. The stated intent of this thread was to try and figure out what the problem was and I offered a suggestion to get the ball rolling. I don't blame the PB for lack of items on the connies. I rightly blame the reduction of the player base as the primary reason, and the choices made by the dev's to solve perceived problems during merge. Also, I have never used exp gained by crafting to determine whether or not I would make something for someone. I have always crafted for others to have fun. Money was never an important factor.

One thing you said did strike a chord...

"2. Again, we are now more of a upper level skill society. Why craft or buy items that give you no experience? There isn't enough of an influx of new players to make it worth it monetarily. (Many blessings on those who do put basic items at inexpensive prices at the Newcomer towns!)"

Why do such a thing? To attempt to reclaim the "good old days" when we would run load after load to the Kira mine site, just to be a part of the community, with no regard to cost or exp. I know many on Chaos that do this still... and that will only get better from now on.

Thanks for your comments, and yes its time to stop bickering and get back to what we all were before, as this thread is proof.
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Personally, I like Smeglor's idea. Makes the pawnbrokers into something akin to a stock market. However, I like it just for the colour of it, not for the game effect. When it comes to winning auctions for T5 techs, I don't know of another way to compete with all the exploited cash apart from PB grinding...

:o wow... this topic was down almots to page two, and I had to see a link to it in irc... silly me for reviving the fire. heheh Sorry about that.

There is something wrong with the economy in the game. It involves both NPC vendors, loot from monsters, and the players...

Here is what I think:
    1. Monsters could drop more loot. Like a tier 1 monster gets a "roll" once on its loot table for the drop, tier 2 gets two "rolls", and so on and so forth. Named mobs could have a tier number times 1.5 so you get a respectible increase in loot from them due to their challenge.

2. Like smeglor mentioned, and incorperated with others: PB's should pay less for items they have in stock. They should also sell those stocked items for less if they have more of said item. They could also have limited funds per day, or each server reboot, get an allowance to start with, and keep track of money earned from sales...

3. Players don't need to charge soo much for stuff. I have a flat rate system that makes me tons of money... I had a guy buy all the things I placed on the connie. For the exact purpose of jacking the price to what people will pay (unfortunatly) and making a profit. Thats fine by me. He said in a tell I could make more from them, and hed give me my items to jack the price up... I told him someday the meek shall rise and conqure the mighty, and dominate the market. :) and he said good luck. To me the items were free, I killed mobs for the comps, gathered the resources for nothing, made a small amount of exp all around... So why should I ******** peoples coinpurses for something so easy to do? Oh wait, I shouldnt... So I dont... I cant wait till I flood the market with cheap techs and forms...
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvergar
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Anikitos wrote: Ofcource if a person wants to sell Armor V at 2 gold or 3 gold as a starting bid or whatever, thats their choice.
    The only reasons that is happening is because that person KNOWS that some PB Crafters will PAY that cash no matter what.
    The PB Crafter simply dont care and has the cash.

Besides, nobody is forcing you to buy the tech right?
    If nobody buys for example Armor V for 3 gold then the seller will have to LOWER the price right?
    If the price aint getting lower thats because somebody bought the tech.

So if you wish to complain about the prices, talk to the PB Crafters that are driving the prices up and can afford it.
    sorry, the crafters are FORCED to PB so they can affort to pay for any techs or other things done (like work on their plot). Noone forces an adv to AUCTION a tech. Why not selling it at a decent price to the first one able to use it? No, why taking only 100s when you can get 5g for the same? And there were WTS in the market, where I offered 50-100s for a (tool)tech 5 (very reasonable compared to what I can earn with it - nearly nothing). And the seller prefered to keep the tech rather than "giving it away for free". If the prices were not that high, ppl would not PB all day. And btw, in more than 1 year, I sold 1 load of tools to a PB (ages ago, that were slate tools). I prefer having the xp from decon over the cash which I earned by housebuilding (where my money came from).
    Hello again,

None forces the adv to auction the tech you say?
    Thats true, but obviously the adv wants to EARN CASH from selling the tech right?
    I mean, this is not a stinking wellfare system right?
    The adv dont owe you any favors either.
    None is forcing the adv to SELL the tech either, he could simply delete it too...

To put an item up for auction is an excellent way to make buiseness.
    You let the potential byer set the price and decide how much the item is worth, its the same thing ppl do when they sell their houses....we are not communists last i checked mate.

You said you offered 50-100s for a tool and the seller decided not to sell it to you.
    That is the SELLERS choice and privilege.

The prices by the way are NOT high, check the consigner.
    You will find T5 formulas for 5 silver, 20silver etc etc....yes 5 silver.

The prices are decided by supply and demmand as it should be.
    Anikitos

100 Warrior / 100 Cleric / 100 Shaman / 100 Guardian / 100 Monk / 100 Spiritist
    60 Druid / 40 Chaos Warrior / 36 Mage

Okay. You want it fixed?

1) Add item decay to everything--at the moment it is a closed economy. Once you reach the level cap and acquire all you need there is no need for new armor,weapons so unless we have a constant influx of new players cash flow will eventually trickle to a halt.(it is feasible to go many levels as it is without an equipment upgrade)This does not have to be like the blighted weapons requiring a recharge kit but just a gradual percentage decrease in the effectiveness of the item. That sword that will do a maximum of 100 points damage would slowly drop to 95,90, and so forth. The respective crafter would have to repair it using materials inherent in its creation. You will need a durability stat on all crafter created items. The more skilled crafters would have the chance of giving an item maximum durability. A resource can be added to the game to effect this.

2) Add the Tier IV techs/forms to the trainers. As each successive Tier is added in-game add the next one to the trainers.

3) Remove the Vielo from the game. Add all comps etc to the MoBs.

4) Increase the drop rate on the drop only techs/forms

5) Limit Pawnboker useage by Tier. A Tier 1 crafter would have unlimited use of the Pawnbroker. A Tier 2 a percentage reduction daily and so on up the line. This would allow young crafters the coin they require to compete against the established ones.

6) Add a deconstruct method for those classes that do not have one at the moment (eg: miner/gatherer) so there is a way to get rid of unwanted/unsellable boards/bricks/bars.

7) Increase the coin drop from the MoBs. Adventurers will require the money to pay for item repairs. Also Pawnbrokers would still accept ALL non player created items with no restrictions. This would help the Adventurers but would require the promised loot table tweaks for the "Junk" items.

8) Add an item that would have a % chance of adding an extra bonus attribute to all crafter made items, over and above the currently allowed techs on an item. This would be drop only and the added attribute would be completely random from a simple boost in damage all the way to rendering the item indestructable. This would give the adventurers the chance to have something unique.

9) Add the comp in the resource that they mentioned. When harvesting you have a chance to find a marble chip in a marble node, a yew knot in a yew tree and so on. As a crafter I would like to pre-make weapons and stock them but the current rarity of the comps and the cost for them on the vielo prohibits this. At the same time add in the ability to recover the comps from deconstructed items. If that "Sword of Powerslash" does not sell I would like the ability to decon it not for the mithril bars but for the rare components locked inside. Make this a percentage recovery based on ingenuity.

The above would create a proper economy. Now many will cry about the item decay but you cannot take away something from one group without giving them a viable option in return. The removal of unlimited funds from the Pawnbroker (even if it does require total drudgery and there is not one crafter I know that enjoys it) has to be offset by increasing their fund options.

With the current low populations of the servers it is not feasible at the moment just to lower or restrict the Pawnbrokers.

And that I believe is a "BALANCED" approch to the complete issue.

Flame on!

Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Quote Originally Posted by Anikitos
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Dvergar wrote: [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Anikitos wrote: Ofcource if a person wants to sell Armor V at 2 gold or 3 gold as a starting bid or whatever, thats their choice.
    The only reasons that is happening is because that person KNOWS that some PB Crafters will PAY that cash no matter what.
    The PB Crafter simply dont care and has the cash.

Besides, nobody is forcing you to buy the tech right?
    If nobody buys for example Armor V for 3 gold then the seller will have to LOWER the price right?
    If the price aint getting lower thats because somebody bought the tech.

So if you wish to complain about the prices, talk to the PB Crafters that are driving the prices up and can afford it.
    sorry, the crafters are FORCED to PB so they can affort to pay for any techs or other things done (like work on their plot). Noone forces an adv to AUCTION a tech. Why not selling it at a decent price to the first one able to use it? No, why taking only 100s when you can get 5g for the same? And there were WTS in the market, where I offered 50-100s for a (tool)tech 5 (very reasonable compared to what I can earn with it - nearly nothing). And the seller prefered to keep the tech rather than "giving it away for free". If the prices were not that high, ppl would not PB all day. And btw, in more than 1 year, I sold 1 load of tools to a PB (ages ago, that were slate tools). I prefer having the xp from decon over the cash which I earned by housebuilding (where my money came from).

Hello again,

None forces the adv to auction the tech you say?
    Thats true, but obviously the adv wants to EARN CASH from selling the tech right?
    I mean, this is not a stinking wellfare system right?
    The adv dont owe you any favors either.
    None is forcing the adv to SELL the tech either, he could simply delete it too...

To put an item up for auction is an excellent way to make buiseness.
    You let the potential byer set the price and decide how much the item is worth, its the same thing ppl do when they sell their houses....we are not communists last i checked mate.

You said you offered 50-100s for a tool and the seller decided not to sell it to you.
    That is the SELLERS choice and privilege.

The prices by the way are NOT high, check the consigner.
    You will find T5 formulas for 5 silver, 20silver etc etc....yes 5 silver.

The prices are decided by supply and demmand as it should be.
    A few points that might need to be clarified:

1. Unity is Euro, here on Order I've already seen many, MANY techs and expert forms put on pawnbrokers over the consigner. Why? Probably because said adventurer decided TO delete but the PB way for coin.

2. If it's not a welfare system, WHY are adventurers asking for welfare? Give us more coin drops, give us more weapon drops, give us more armor and jewelry drops so WE don't have to buy off the crafters.

3. Trying to get cash for a dropped tech is all fine and well, but again on the NA server of Order, I've seen tier II techs (ie.. invisible dye, smelting II, etc...) on Consigers for 30s.

4. Reiterating point 1, Unity is a Euro Server, Order is North American Server.... need I say more? [:|]
    Arirabeth Quickfingers
    Shaliwyn Whisperwing
    Arydun Wyr`Thalu
    ~Mystic Blades~ Order
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    Damnit Jim! I'm a gnome not a lemming!

You have some very good ideas in your post Bori.

As an outfitter, I particularly like the idea of item decay. I only mentioned this morning on Unity market channel that I often wondered how many characters had got to wear the first set of teched armour that I made for my Elf after she had "outgrown" it.

Item decay, for sure,gets my vote.

Rainbow

"Add an item that would have a % chance of adding an extra bonus attribute to all crafter made items, over and above the currently allowed techs on an item. This would be drop only and the added attribute would be completely random from a simple boost in damage all the way to rendering the item indestructable. This would give the adventurers the chance to have something unique."

yay.

wow, a system that will work. think they care?

Adding item decay to all items is a tricky idea though. Too much decay and crafters will be hard pressed to keep their own crafting gear functional, much less have time to work on other people's crafting gear.

If item decay is added I think it should be by use - not simply by time passing while an item is equipped. If items decay simply from being equipped then you have a situation that actually discourages players from hanging around in the game chatting. It would be much more like how dragonhoard used to deplete over time except for everyone.

However, if say your pick had 20,000 charges and each time you swing it, it loses a charge, that might work better.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Quote Originally Posted by Aamer Khan
    Also, make it where they will only accept resources or items crafted/gathered by the player pawning the items. This would encourage new players to take up crafting, and prevent some of the "abuses" many mention.
    I can't comment on the T4-6 pawning as I don't know what goes on in those levels.
    But the above has several problems I think:
    You can't find out, who gathered something.
    What would happen to the Loot, if you can't sell ressources you can gather too? More useless loot? More newbies not earning money as even the looted stuff can't be sold?
    If only tech trophies are not allowed to be sold at the pawn, I could maybe understand that - but tech ressources in higher level or for much playing people already drop often. If those stuff the amount they get (like the 200+ purple spider venom you mention, I've never ever - as a casual player - got more than 20 of one type and that was by bying it) into consigner, the value will drop heavily and casuals that often are more likely to spend money and time consigning this stuff than the time-serving oriented people hunting for leveling, will have a punishment for their play style than as they get so very few of them. Exactly what Hz can't afford to push further, there is already only few things casuals, non-perma-level player can do.

Horizons Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw
    Adding item decay to all items is a tricky idea though. Too much decay and crafters will be hard pressed to keep their own crafting gear functional, much less have time to work on other people's crafting gear.

If item decay is added I think it should be by use - not simply by time passing while an item is equipped. If items decay simply from being equipped then you have a situation that actually discourages players from hanging around in the game chatting. It would be much more like how dragonhoard used to deplete over time except for everyone.

However, if say your pick had 20,000 charges and each time you swing it, it loses a charge, that might work better.
    People miss the obvious problems with item decay. If full item decay were implimented we'd have to follow other games agendas for it to succeed. With item decay ALL CRAFTABLE ITEMS MUST be sold on town NPCs and all caps MUST be taken off consigners. Games like Wish and UO had/have decay due to the fact that you could buy ANYTHING in town when needed. If you need a tool or a weapon and you can't seem to find it for a week or two where's the fun in that? How would you expect to craft? With a large playerbase, NPCs who sell everything and unlimitted consignment options item decay would work...with a faulty database with much crafting/combat/spawn lag and a tiny playerbase it probably would be more harmful than good.

Adding item decay would also mean they would have radically increase the drops of tech components above that if what is in game now, OR they'd have to lower the Vielo cost of them.

IF you added a 'repair' cost then you'd have MORE need for money in the economy and thus you'd have to either increase waht the PB pays, increase the amt of cash mobs drop, or BOTH.

CeLena there are MANY on Chaos that can make your weapon, IF you approach them properly... you just need to ask.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Thread Information