Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Feedback on Changes to Multiple Enemy Experiance

Default Re: Feedback on Changes to Multiple Enemy Experiance

It didnt add any fun. Might have made the jealous types happy for a while and slowed down leveling a bit but nuthing has changed. Adventuring isnt any better or worse.

I have noticed that almost every change they make in this game is to slow down leveling.Add more monsters to crafting areas, remove machines, slow down construction, slow down money making blah blah blah. All due to a lack of endgame that the devs are clueless to what it should be.

Changes to multiple enemy experience did nuthing, I can still take someone from one to fifty in afew hours, but just as before its not fun. For the low level player its just false hope that at level 100 everything will be so much better. Then the process begins again. Just another diversion from what is truely the problem of the game. The devs avoid this 3 letter word like the plague.
    redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes!

Quote Originally Posted by evilkarl
    unless AE/TG instituted a system where by anyone >20 levels below a mob in a group recieved 0 xp for a kill they will not fix the problem of leeching.
    [*-)] Example: A group of players [ all between lv90-99 ] Kill a level 120 Fyakki/Elite WA/whatever. No one gets XP.[:|]

I agree with the concept in general, but"anyone >20 levels below a mob in a group recieved 0 xp for a kill" doesn't sound right. First off... forget abouta player's level. Group XP share is all about rateing.

Second, since a level/rateing 99 group-killing a lv120 is a far different situation than a level/rateing 1 group-killing a lv22 mob; this needs to be prorated.

Rough Example: No XP for kill if a Player's rateing is = or < ( MobRateing - [ 10 + PlayerRateing/5 ] )

Sorry should have said rating it is what I meant.

The option is no bonus xp (group or multi) if there is that larger level difference
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Flin

Well..what I meant.. for clarification, was that if you are a level 90 warrior, and I am a level 90 Shaman, we both have the same rating and kill the exact same mobs then we should get exactly the same XP. It shouldn't matter what skill is used to kill them.

In one of your earlier posts you stated that only the AoE mob XP was being nerfed.

I see one thing for sure here, we do not agree and are not going too. I say it is a nerf, they have made the game less fun to play and it will eventually cost them. You do not see it that way.

There is a very interesting thread started by Charlson regarding stealth nerfs on which a Dev has posted a kind of slippery answer.. He states that in the last patch there were no code changes to multicast and "Spells", doesn't say a thing about multicast and "abilitites".

I was quite impressed with the list of fixes that had been made with this patch, until I read this thread.. Now I am only more frustrated because of the lack of communication between Dev's and anyone not in IRC.

I don't use IRC because of the many virus attempts, floods. and ISP hijacks that I have seen attempted with it.

I have noticed that when the merge first went live the server use was heavy most of the time, I have not seen a heavy use of the server in the last 2 weeks, only light..

What does that tell you?

Less fun = less people... at some point frustration will drive almost anyeon away.

Not 100% sure how less xp equates to less fun. Unless you consider that XP is fun then I feel sorry for you.

The change only affects multi mob bonus and it put a cap on it. So leeching is still possible its simply a little impeded unlike before where people could get insane amounts of xp for doing nothing at all.

You call it a nerf I call it a restriction that should have been in place when the mmb (multi mob bonus) was introduced.

I personally think there should be a further restriction but its not easy to implement one and be fair to all players simply because I hate the rabid leeching that is going on seeing level 60 players in t5 and t6 areas standing around doing nothing and getting xp is sickening.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Quote Originally Posted by Flin
    Well..what I meant.. for clarification, was that if you are a level 90 warrior, and I am a level 90 Shaman, we both have the same rating and kill the exact same mobs then we should get exactly the same XP. It shouldn't matter what skill is used to kill them.

In one of your earlier posts you stated that only the AoE mob XP was being nerfed.
    I mispoke, I should have said "mainly" vs only. The line which I said that was regarding round-ups which could be exploited without AoE by haveing 1 player gain mass agro and running in circles while the rest of grouppicked them off 1 at a timefor a 10X bonus even though it was a 5 player vs 1 mob kill. Totally ridiculous yet it was allowed.
    One problem with the bonusis that in your example those 2 still do not get the same bonus. Haveing it capped at 2x more or less makes that irrelevant.
    As tothe fun factor, this bonus ruined the fun of hunting in Horizons. Players care more for XP than chalange. Personally I only gained XP as a part of playing. When XP became the point of playing the fun of the game was ruined.
    Back when the bonus was added I started threads asking for it to be fixed and 90% of the responses said "who cares". Now 90% are against the former bonus. What does that tell you?[/quote]

Flin

That everyone has left the building [:P]

Thread Information