Thread: Need some noob advice

neofit

Default Need some noob advice

Hi.

I just resubscribed today, after almost a year's leave. I hadn't adventured much back in the day, so my pali is lvl 21. Now I have a zillion unspent training points, and am wondering whether the pali underwent any massive changes during my absence, and where should I rather use them nowadays? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Default Re: Need some noob advice

I've played my paladin since release and I don't recall any substantial changes madeto the paladin class.

I have always spent my training points to max out my life skill so I can cast the best heals for my lvl, and then any other points I have left I spread them out into magic evasion and augmentation. I get other bonus and stat increases from my armor and jewelry, for instance, I tech my armor with the armor tech and the two handed slash tech (since I only use 2 handed weapons, but of course you would want to apply whatever weapon skill you use). I use strength jewlery teched with armor,two handslash and any other techs I use health. Of course its always good to get your heal spells teched with recycle, cleanse ect.. if you can, but I don't worry to much about that.

All this may not be the most efficient way to do a paladin, since I really haven't set back and crunched the numbers, but I have always found it to be pretty effective against mobs and I have no trouble at all soloing mobs my lvl or higher.

Anyone else got any good input on this?
    - The Paladin is the Judge, the Jury and Executioner!
    - Zarcharien Justice - Lvl 100 Paladin & 71 Armorer
    - "Evil can only triumph, if Good stands by and does nothing."

Zar: i must say that we spent our tp's very diffrent.
    Since i multiclassed with Druid and later Shaman i put many tp's in power.
    But I maxed strength and put some tp's in dex, evasion, 2HS and magic evasion.
    Didn't put a single point in life or aug. I manage since i don't see any major diffrent in my heals and it's not that big diffrent in having Gift IV or V.

Oh well. this is just how i did it. And it have worked very well so far ;)
    The only thing i regret is that i should have put more TP's in dex and evasioninstead of max strenght...

Ular Naga

Proud "Handy Man" of the -Dark Saga-
    Unity Shard

"First i followed the light then the blight, but suddenly nature showed me the path to walk"

well seen as im stilla round may post my view (this is coming from a guy who is still *pure* to some degree no other major classes that ive altered tps for)

my tps have gone into 2 hand slash magic eva and eva, with a few into aug (this was way back when i was still experimenting and never altered) its worked fine for me almost all the way up to level 79 not really had any problems with mobs either at this setup

My training points are 1/3 Strength, 1/3 Dexterity, 1/6 Health. 1/6 Life...

This lets me hit more often, for more damage, take more hits and cast Revite V...Works great for me
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

Thread Information