Thread: I'm considering trying Horizons

Emeraq

Default I'm considering trying Horizons

But I've been skimming through the forums and have found A LOT of negative feedback about this game! I currently have a copy of WoW being shipped to me, with that said, should I try Horizons, or is it a waste of time and money?

Default Re: I'm considering trying Horizons

You should give HZ a try...it is not a perfect game, but it is fun, has a decent community, and despite some bumps is a good game...if you are on Order and like to roleplay, there are several places you can do so, and if you are in need of starting gear, just give ole Ssilmath a ring and he'll help you out
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

Emeraq

The ******** download keeps resetting, and I have cable internet... GRR!!!
    Anyhow what's the monthly fee? If it's more than 12.95 it won't be worth my time, as EQ 2, FFXI and WoW are only 12.95 a month.

gopher65

7 day free trial. If you sign up you get your first month free (I think). Then it is 12.95 if you do the month-by-month auto-renewal, and cheaper as you buy longer periods of playtime (up to one year, but no one does this. Personally I buy by three month intervals to get the best price to possible-money-wasted-if-I-stop-liking-the-game ratio).

EDIT: Sorry, I just realized that the free 1 month only comes if you bought the boxed version. They are cheap right now, so it is possible to buy one for less then 12 bucks and save some money maybe;).

Forums are a natural repository of griping, even for those of us who love the game and are committed to it. It's just not in the nature of the human animal to loudly proclaim how happy they are with a thing; as a species we're prone to complaining.

Horizons has a lot going for it, and a lot of things that need improvement. What you are seeing in these forums is the impassioned discussion of people who care about the game and want to help it survive and prosper.

Will you like it? Hard to say. If you can accept that there is limited usable dropped loot and no PvP, that all items are crafted by other players, and that dragons are poster children for delayed gratification, you should do well. If you have to have PvP or usable dropped loot, well, you might not like Horizons as much.

Try it out. Meet the community. Then decide.

Even if you choose to leave when the trial ends, welcome to Istaria!
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Emeraq

Don't know that I can try it, the download will not complete. Made it as far as 52% and it cut out saying the server connection reset. Oh well, I guess I shall await my copy of WoW

greetings everything deserves a cahnce so try it then judge it
    iam not in a fair mood so i wont value it

dunkel and family
    dunkel_ice helian 100 100 5,5 mio hoard
    dunkelzahnjr helian 80 42 280 k
    Hrdunkelzahn helian 80 41 280 k
    now all adult

gopher65

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraq
    Don't know that I can try it, the download will not complete. Made it as far as 52% and it cut out saying the server connection reset. Oh well, I guess I shall await my copy of WoW
    Are you using a download manager that saves what you've downloaded up to this point? If you are, then even if it resets you don't lose your "52%" (or any amount). It simply starts where it left off. This is esspecially useful for dial up, but for very large files it can be useful for a cable modem too(or DSL or ADSL or Satillite (SP)).

Thread Information