Thread: Crafting W***

Default Crafting W***

how about the idea of a WA army marching over from the east, lead by some kickbutt General, with bands of WA crafters and at the destination they set camp, to pan out and gather resources to build their own fort, orcastle and stuff?

yes, so instead of putting up with these braindead anchors, we'll have WA troops guarding their crafters as they pick on nodes and gems and such...havetheir crafters run back and forth like the gifted do. perhaps simplify the resources they need to build, so they won't need to portal around uh...and the WAdefenders will try to kill/defend against the gifted as much as possible.

maybe theseWA can be placed in less known/explored areas, in turn will give them time to build something? oh and give them some speech too, like "hey stay off my node!"or "stop hogging all theyew or you're dead!" or "there are no workshopin the fieldthis sux".

i need coffee...

Istarian Wizard

Default Re: Crafting W***

Haha I love this idea!

I was kind of thinking of something like this for the blight anchors, but hey!

Definitely they should wander around in less explored areas to give them some chance before being discovered,otherwise we might never geta chance tosee them don their cargo gear. Okay no WA cargo gear. . . .

But the speech idea I like. [Y]

Maybe if they don't get found out, they actually build some blighted structure and it becomes a collecting pointfor more undead,so that the whole area just starts getting really dangerous and troups of them start advancing into nearby cities and stuff. Those will take an extra clean-up effort.

It would be really cool ifsome of these structures, like the tier iv or v ones,can actually become permanent doorways to tunnels and underground dungeons and stuff where adventurers can gofor some real advanture fare--loot, camping, dice rolls, named mobs that take a huge raiding party of many multi-classed level 100s to deal with--all the deadly sinsof the MMORPG universe. I know there areproblems with dungeons beingimplementable inthis game--I've heard all about it--but hey, might as well dream big.

I rember reading somewhere many moons ago that the WA did have crafters and did build stuff. Perhaps it was the box or the little pamphlet of errors (manual). It has been over a year since I read that though.
    Sajid,
    Lone Lizard of the Apocalypse

Champions of Honor

There is a great staging point in the game now for this... the abandon city south east of ML... around 25868/27202... there use to be mobs there before the merger.

We could also set up raids against the city that way as well.. Nice Phil!!
    As a Cleric of Harden I am duty bound to teach you his ways.
    or kill you trying!

Don't forget the cities on the Satyr Islands and any outposts being built (or should be) in the three deadland areas (especially their eastern fortress).

Re: My rant about storyline, purpose, and a Living World... Posted by: Jaraiden
    Posted: 01-13-2005
    in the Rants forum. Pharcellus wrote: More ... [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Pharcellus wrote: Yeah, contrary to what we were told by Smeglor himself in November.

[img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Smeglor wrote: There is lore attached to Blighted items, but I'm not the one to tell it. [img]/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]Seems that no one is around to tell it. That, or the lore consists of "The Withered Aegis now equips all troops with blighted stuff to arm the living races with, but edict prevents the troops from using it themselves".Very true Maltavorn.

One day the lore will say how the Recharge kits got to the Vielo or why the monsters seem to carry them (where are the WA crafter types or why are they on the front lines?).

And don't forget all of those Grey necroflies and other WA creatures just carrying around dragon scale jewelry.

Rather sad. Certainly would be more reasonable to stuff many WA in that dead city south of Morning Light (or create other WA posts) then raid them. Kill the "crafter types" inside and loot many formulas that way. Make tiered outposts that way (and since only tier V is done and those WA are on islands with city-type ruins . . . well go figure. What, WA not using the resources stocked in the old satyr cities!!!!

:: shrugs :: TulgAE and all their shortcuts. :: shakes head :: This also conincides with the "Money Train" suggestion at http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=44607
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Uther Blade
    There is a great staging point in the game now for this... the abandon city south east of ML... around 25868/27202... there use to be mobs there before the merger.
    the old dwarven outpost. hope one day we'll reclaim that one [:'(]

And for now, yes, a perfect place to setup a WAcamp in there. But with a bit more sense than last time please [:(] healers guarding the walls, named mobs with a party of 5 healers,... Scouts should be up at the walls, groups of 3-4 *different* WA patrolling outside the walls, maybe some warrior with a war-oger guarding the gate, ... Inside some blighted machines, and once in a while, a treck of undead crafters, guarded bya few fighters, leaves to walkover to the t6 stone field, stays for a while (quarrying :)) and returning back to the fort. Dropping the traverstine when killed on the way back ;)
    Dvergar Blutaxt @ Unity (former ICE) / Paladin 97 - Mason 100 // before hibernation

i think this would be far more interesting then the anchors. i kinda posted an idea like this on the generals board once when they were asking what adventurers wanted. it would add a dynamic element to the game, but of course they could not do this type of thing until mobs have collision detection

Thread Information