Thread: Hoard Abilities for Casters

Default Hoard Abilities for Casters

I have no doubt that this has been brought up before, but I can't remember when or where I saw it, so I'll pitch it again.

Simple idea: Make two new hoard abilities that are oriented toward casters. The current lot, Silver Strike and Gold Rage, are great tools for melee fighting, but do nothing for casting.

As a caster, I never use my melee hoard abilities (all my TPs are invested into Primal and Power), and so my hoard just keeps growing over time. I'd like to be able to tap in to that, so hoard grinding is more rewarding.

That's it.

Default Re: Hoard Abilities for Casters

It would at least be nice to have a caster version of Gold Rage since that's a once every 10 levels quest.

<shrug> call it something like Platinum Mist, hits hard twice and then has two more minor hits along with the next two spells. Maybe tie it in so it does damage dragon breath style (to go along with the burning embers crystal) but isn't linked to the dragon breath timers.

If the next attack after its use is melee the extra 2 minor hits are lost.

I don't know what to do for similar to Silver Strike since its an ability gained via leveling. But maybe some sort of level 75 questable crystal that gives an increase of a maxincrease of say 5% damage and the difference comes out of the hoard. Crystal is special and goes on a chain around the neck instead of in scales. (And if the necklace slot was added would give more incentive to get hatchlings to do Quest of the Gifted for the minor boosts it gives at the very low levels. And I would not let it be able to wear biped jewelry but thats me.)

Example...Improved Prime Bolt III (this would be a pretty major hoard drain...) does 48 to 76 damage. So if you used your crystal and hit the hardest you would get a boost of of 4 (76 plus 5% rounded up), costs you 4 hoard value. Crystal wouldn't use too much hoard per use (similiar to Silver Strike).

Crystal could even get an increase to % damage based on level. At 50 it does 5%, 65 it goes 7% etc
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Thread Information