Thread: Finishing moves

Default Finishing moves

One thing I hear a lot of requests for is character uniquness...everything from armor tricking to scars to being able to redo how your character looks as you progress...Well, here is one idea that adds both uniqueness and some interesting possibilities...

Finishing moves would be an excellent way to add some flavor to your characters...these would be non masterable, and available once you have reached the top of your tier and above all, flashy...You would be able to have a total of five, but there is a catch...a level 20 finishing move only works on mobs below level 30...once you reach 40, you can choose to either get another level 20 finisher, or an upgraded version of the move you chose at level 40 that works on mobs 50 and below...

Now, if you found you didn't like the finisher you had first chosen, you will have the option of forgetting it and choosing a level 40 finisher, but once you hit level 100 you are done...By then, you will need to have found/chosen the finisher you want...

Each finisher has a chance of hitting when clicked, if the ability does not activate there is no penalty, you simply keep attacking and the timer starts, not affecting any other timers...if the ability does activate, the mobs is essentially dead and makes no more attacks while the animation begins....

For a few examples, I'll use Warrior and Paladin, cause those are the classes I know [:P] If you have ideas for your class, please post them...

Warrior - Basic killer moves

1: Decapitation - Character steps back and swings (Stabs for spears) strongly, taking off the head of the target...Animals would be a downward chop/stab, humanoid horizontal, and big targets (Golems) would attack and miss, allowing the character to run up their arm and lop off the head in passing, dropping to the ground next to the corpse

15 minute timer, linked to Cleave

Tier I - When mob is at 10% HP, 10 % chance of success
    Tier II - When mob is at 10% HP, 20% chance of success
    Tier III - When mob is at 10% HP, 30% chance of success
    Tier IV - When mob is at 10% HP, 40% chance of success
    Tier V - When mob is at 10% HP, 50% chance of success

2: Impalement - Character spins and stabs, using blades if available, using the end of the haft of their blunt weapon if not...Blow goes through torso on animal and humanoid, for big targets it misses and trips to it's knees, then gets impaled

15 minute timer, linked to Multistrike

Tier I - When mob is at 5% HP, 15% chance of success
    Tier II - When mob is at 5% HP, 25% chance of success
    Tier III - When mob is at 5% HP, 35% chance of success
    Tier IV - When mob is at 5% HP, 45% chance of success
    Tier V - When mob is at 5% HP, 55% chance of success

3: Gutting - Character steps back and swings across the torso, splitting the mobs stomach and causing it to drop face first...Much more effective against animal and humanoid...

10 Minute timer, linked to Cleave

Tier I - When mob is at 10% HP, 20% against animals/humanoids, 5% against all else
    Tier II - When mob is at 10% HP, 30% against animals/humanoids, 10% against all else
    Tier III - When mob is at 10% HP, 40% against animals/humanoids, 15% against all else
    Tier IV - When mob is at 10% HP, 50% against animals/humanoids, 20% against all else
    Tier V - When mob is at 10% HP, 60% against animals/humanoids, 25% against all else

4: Execution - Only becomes available when a mob is at a certain percentage of HP and is stunned/mezzed...in other words, unable to move or act at all...The catch is you cannot be the one that stunned the mob, it has to be someone else...Mob drops to hands and knees, (Animals collapse to ground and raise head to look at sky) and the character makes a vicious arc with their weapon, tearing off the head of the mob (Small characters jump)

15 minute timer, linked with Critical Strike

Tier I - When mob is at 10% HP and stunned, 50% chance
    Tier II - When mob is at 15% HP and stunned, 50% chance
    Tier III - When mob is at 20% HP and stunned, 50% chance
    Tier IV - When mob is at 25% HP and stunned, 50% chance
    Tier V - When mob is at 30% HP and stunned, 50% chance

5: Thrown weapon - Character jumps back several steps while the mob stands, uttering a war cry...The character pulls back and throws their weapon into the head/torso of the mob (Random chance for location), causing it to fall backwards/to the side...then the character retrieve the weapon and starts fighting again...however, the weapon can get stuck and require some time to remove...

10 minute timer, shared with Multistrike

Tier I - When mob is at 5% HP, 20% of success, 35% chance weapon will get stuck
    Tier II - When mob is at 5% HP, 30% of success, 25% chance weapon will get stuck
    Tier III - When mob is at 5% HP, 40% of success, 15% chance weapon will get stuck
    Tier IV - When mob is at 5% HP, 50% of success, 5% chance weapon will get stuck
    Tier V - When mob is at 5% HP, 60% of success, 3% chance weapon will get stuck

Paladin - Undead destroying moves

1: Holy Cleave - Paladin reaches back behind the head, sword glows golden and drops on head of the WA mob, splitting it to the bottom of the torso, then the Paladin puts foot on mob and pulls blade out
    5 Minute timer, shares with Cleave

Tier I - When mob is at 2% HP, 20% chance of success
    Tier II - When mob is at 2% HP, 30% chance of success
    Tier III - When mob is at 2% HP, 40% chance of success
    Tier IV - When mob is at 2% HP, 50% chance of success
    Tier V - When mob is at 2% HP, 60% chance of success

2: Banishment - When WA mob is close to death, the paladin reaches out with one hand which glows golden for a moment, then envelopes the mob and sends it back to where it came from

15 minute timer, shares with Critical Strike

Tier I - When mob is at 10% HP, 50% chance of success
    Tier II - When mob is at 15% HP, 50% chance of success
    Tier III - When mob is at 20% HP, 50% chance of success
    Tier IV - When mob is at 25% HP, 50% chance of success
    Tier V - When mob is at 30% HP, 50% chance of success

3: Holy feedback - Sword glows golden and stabs the head of the WA mob, exploding it...some nearby mobs are hit by a chained lighting effect, stunning them for several seconds

10 minute timer, shares with Multistrike

Tier I - When mob is at 5% HP, 10% chance of success, 1 nearby mob effected
    Tier II - When mob is at 5% HP, 20% chance of success, 2 nearby mobs effected
    Tier III - When mob is at 5% HP, 30% chance of success, 3 nearby mobs effected
    Tier IV - When mob is at 5% HP, 40% chance of success, 4 nearby mobs effected
    Tier V - When mob is at 5% HP, 50% chance of success, all nearby mobs effected

4: Blight reversal - Paladin points blade at WA mob, then a single pulse of golden light shoots out and hits the mob dead center...after a delay, the mobs head explodes, a ray of light shooting up to the sky

15 minute timer, shares with Cleave

Tier I - When mob is at 25% HP, 10% chance of success
    Tier II - When mob is at 30% HP, 10% chance of success
    Tier III - When mob is at 35% HP, 10% chance of success
    Tier IV - When mob is at 40% HP, 10% chance of success
    Tier V - When mob is at 45% HP, 10% chance of success

5: Angelic Avatar - Paladin steps back and holds hands together, a golden aura appearing around them...The light quickly builds up, then the figure of a winged angel appears above them and drives a blade into the targeted WA mob, tearing it apart

20 minute timer, shares with Critical Strike, Cleave and Multistrike

Tier I - When mob is at 10% HP, 10% chance of success
    Tier II - When mob is at 15% HP, 15% chance of success
    Tier III - When mob is at 20% HP, 20% chance of success
    Tier IV - When mob is at 25% HP, 25% chance of success
    Tier V - When mob is at 30% HP, 30% chance of success
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

gopher65

Default Re: Finishing moves

^bump

Some cool ideas in there:). Personally I think that either the chance of success should be higher, or the % of HP left should be higher, but other than that, really neat:).

Always liked the finishing moves idea and it has been suggested in the past they will be added some day (before 2020 I don;t know)

Some unarmed ones would be cool maybe a chest punch, neck break, suplex onto ones head or something
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

The Main Hall of Khazad-dum, fighting for freedom

If im not very wrong AE had some finisher system ingame during beta...it was taken out like so many other things never to be seen again.

But i like yer ideas[:)]
    "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!!"

Fhrain Fireheart
    Dwarven Berserker at Night, Paladin in the Day
    --Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal--

Istarian Wizard

Really like these ideas.[Y][Y][Y]

Yeah AE had a "killing blow" system which never saw the light of day for various reasons. Be nice to see it get a little love now, albeit not at the expense of more important stuff.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Ssil, I like these ideas, with one caveat. Ye gods, the gore! HZ doesn't seem to do spurting blood and severed limbs. Adding those in might up its rating.

But the core idea is great, I hope it inspires the devs. More variety in animations is a good thing.

-Levity Merrel

Thread Information