Thread: Arg! stupid floating island!

Default Arg! stupid floating island!

So, I can't play now, since I was following a hatchling to the Floating Island and load-crashed. Had to jab my restart button about 4 times before I gave up tonight. Dumped my worldcashe, wiped and replaced drivers, etc, but it still always locks up my system at some point during load. So much for helping him with his RoP tonight. (we were going to jump down and go get Kaa.) I guess tomorow I'll try reinstalling horizons and see if that does anything.

You know what might be a nice feature to add? A Safe Login button. Let each player set one area (a major city's shrine perhaps?) that they know loads well as an emergency home point. Then, if they get into a load-crash loop, they can hit safe login, which would tell the server to load them at their safe point, instead of repeatedly loading the same glitchy area. Yeah, technicaly this could be used to exploit and jump back and forth across the world, but it isnt like horizons loads quickly or anything, so I doubt anyone would try it.

Also, anyone have any suggestions besides reinstaling? Could a worldmaster just move me elsewhere or something (Lumineux on Order, if someone would actualy do this for me)?
    Lumineux Talar

Default Re: Arg! stupid floating island!

There was a problem with some of the earlier ATI drivers that caused this problem. If you have an ATI card try downloading the very latest video drivers from guru3d.com.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

I do, and did.

This happened to me a long time ago, except back then I got a VPU recovery error once it loaded up. That time a driver replacement fixed it.

But, this time the game just locks up and stops responding at some random point during the [recieving world objects (62)] or [loading terrain (16)] gibberish. Dunno what to do. Also I see this has been moved to help, the reason I put it in general is cause of my safe-load suggestion, Problems like this seem to crop up often enough that it would be worthwhile.
    Lumineux Talar

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineux
    I do, and did.

This happened to me a long time ago, except back then I got a VPU recovery error once it loaded up. That time a driver replacement fixed it.

But, this time the game just locks up and stops responding at some random point during the [recieving world objects (62)] or [loading terrain (16)] gibberish. Dunno what to do. Also I see this has been moved to help, the reason I put it in general is cause of my safe-load suggestion, Problems like this seem to crop up often enough that it would be worthwhile.
    The update notes on the login page said that a fix to Blight for random disconnects and connections problems people have been experiencing since the last patch is now on Blight shard. Perhaps that will solve your problem. You might try testing by creating a character on Blight. If that is the problem you probably just need to wait until they patch the fix to the live shards.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

The issue with Floating island is an own story ...

On my actual system i had no problems with old Radeon 8500 and driver 4.11, then i upgraded to Radeon 9800 Pro and newest 5.1 -> TOTAL CRASH! :(

Even re-installing 4.11 didn't help, so i assume prolems are relying on the combo Chipset -> CPU -> Graphics-chip -> Driver.

Not many left to do then try and hope for next driver-version ...

gopher65

Try turning your loading screen off. Then run HZ and recall as soon as the screen pops up.

Thread Information