Thread: <S.I.W.C.> *1* 50-60 (50-65) 19 feb Friday 15-20 GTM

Default <S.I.W.C.> *1* 50-60 (50-65) 19 feb Friday 15-20 GTM

&lt;Survive in the Wild Championship&gt; event

Type of event: Tournament - combat

Represents a contest between teams composed out of 2 members each. Those who want to participate must have their level between 50 - 60 and their adventure level between 50 - 65. A contest tax is needed for the reward [tax = member's adventure level * 100c] ;

{a level 53 with adv rating 56 will pay 56*100=5600c=5.6s} .

The winner - the team with max number of points; the winner team takes all the money home; The high level 80-100 which we'll require to make notes of the monster each team killed (their lev) can donate some money for team with IInd rank and IIIrd rank.

The points are gained as fallowing: X pts = [ (monster rating) / (total team adventure rating) ] *100 .

{So if i'm level 55 (59 adv rating) and my partner is level 56 (58), the number of pts gained for killing a lev 63 monster would be: pts= 63/117*100=53.8 pts, and if someone other team, with a lev 53(54), and 55(55) would kill the same monster, they would get pts=63/109*100=57.7 pts}.

If one member of the team dies, your total points decrease by 250. The high lev guys can rezzurect the team member that dies. Each team will be allowed to hunt for a maximum of 10 minutes and must attack as a team (stay close to one another). Teams will be balanced so we won't have two lev 50 and two lev 40 teams.

We require 3 high level persons (80-100) that offer to record &lt;monsters lev each team have killed&gt; and to note special abilities of the team and team members (this one depends on the donations and instructions this donations(sponsorships) have, i.e. person with lowest health after a battle gets X s) . I think being such a high level means you really have no reason to interfeer in the team fight, not even if the monster attacks you, thus not interfeering with the spawns and chances for the team to win (also if you need to attack the monster, then the monster is considered nule and no point ca be gained by it). At the end of each team time, I (this event level range edition host) will ask them to share their notes of which monsters the team killed (only level) and i'll compare all 3 results. After that we (event host &amp; high lev guys) should calculate the final team points and we'll compare results to one another.

*Note: The location this event will take place hasn't been settled yet, it should have monsters rating from level 53,55 to level 60,65 , and the monsters shouldn't be in packs. Also a very nice spawn is required so we don't have to wait too long. We must inform everyone that hunts in that area to clear the spot.

The time of the event it's Friday, 11 feb 2005, around 19.00 GTM.

More suggestions and a spot for this event is needed, give some coordonates for the place you'd like this event to take place.

Donations are welcomed [:)] and instructions to use the donations .

NewsFlash: for the high-lev guys that might want to help, here are some things i've done in Microsoft Excel:

The high level guys (if they can't get these excel things i've done) should write the fallowing things on a piece of paper:

team name / members in team / team total adv level (TTR) / level of monsters the team killed (MR) / total pts

TTR = total team rating
    MR = monster rating

Don't forget to tell everyone you know between level 50-60 and rating 50-65 about the event and to check unity forums for more informations. Thank you[:)]

Please don't move this topic until the event is finished like you did with the last one. I asked you to wait untill i announce the winners and after that you can move it . If this things happens I can only do another topic with SIWC - Winners at the end of the event and it'll all be a mess. [:(]
    After the event has ended i'll put a (F) from finished in front of the title of the topic .
    Proud member of Angelic Protectors
    66 wizard / 36 mage / 21 healer / 20 cleric
    44 mason / 26 spellcrafter / 11 scholar

Quest Team member click here
    Horizons IRC chat

Default Re: <S.I.W.C.> *1* 50-60 (50-65) 11 feb Friday 19.00 GTM

Okay, i've got some places, some ideas as to where this event should take place: I'd say Tandalar island : Valley of the Moon - granite golems lev 52-62 ....

The way to get to that spot is :

*port to mahagra

*get to island of wind

*go north of island of wind untill you reach the tower of sorcerer

*port to Tandalar : Valley of Moon on top of the tower (10 min to get to tower way up there)

Next time you could take the quests from Tandalar : Valley of Repose , from the NPC near the gate and when you kill IceFang the Mountain Wolf , you'll get 30.000 XP and acces to Valley of Moon landing pad, you might need some high lev help to defeat him cos he's packed with two lev 52 and he's lev 59 :)

I really hope, if you read this post, that you'll try and tell a lev 50-60 person and rating of 50-65 about this event on friday, thank you :)

Horizons IRC chat

I'm afraid this event will have to take place next week, this time on Saturday Evening becouse no one called me, although some knew about this event. Maybe if it's held Saturday evening more will come.

Also, i'll tell as many as i can to come and read the unity forums, something like an advertise [:P] and the place this event shall take place should be different from Talandar island since not all know how to get there , it's kind of tricky [:^)]

Can anyone suggest a good hunting place for lev 50-60 ? for two guys/gals in a team

and should have a nice spawn and should have packed mobs

Horizons IRC chat

the rift on talandar? nice big spawn there with ice blights/kwellan/ogres and pigmies

or the gem golem spawn on talandar maybe

I was hoping for a place different than talandar since not all can port there ....

Horizons IRC chat

Do you know the confirmed date of the next S.I.T.W tournament cause im interested in coming along?? [:)]
    Uther Truthbearer Lvl 80 Bloodmage/ Lvl 65 Healer / Lvl 26 Carpenter / Lvl 23 Fletcher

I don't think i can know exactly becouse it's a player event someone does for his level range: XX- XX+10 .... And I'm sorry to say that too few people ever visit the forums and are my level of range for this thing to work.... We'd first need all the players to know about these kind of events, and then someone who really wants to make one of these events do a ctrl+c --&gt; ctrl+v on the players that have the requirements ..... here's a thing that could help you (to send on /tell player)

Greetings. Would you be interested in a combat-tournament event with lots of money as prize ? Then please go to the unity forums from http://community.istaria.com/web/ , then to &lt;Community&gt; section and check for SIWC (Surivive in the Wild Championship). This event will take place on 19 feb (Saturday evening) around 15-20 GTM, and it's for players with lev 50-60 (adv lev 50-65); also, make sure you join the SIWC channel saturday so we know you want to participate, or contact me.

And you Change the date of the event, the level range, and adv level ....

Don't be scared, try and promote this kind of events :P

Horizons IRC chat

Okies on Saturdays iam only available after 17.30GMT, but iam interested participating in the tournament!
    Uther Truthbearer Lvl 80 Bloodmage/ Lvl 65 Healer / Lvl 26 Carpenter / Lvl 23 Fletcher

Will the event be taking place this weekend ? Let me know if it is, I'm up for taking part or giving a hand running it if needed [:D]

I am uncertain if this event will EVER take place since there are few if any interested people, and actually NO ONE that would offer to be the host for this kind of events. A host would place a new topic and would asume responsabilities of letting others know about this event (people that have that level range), and would also need to find people of very high level to record the contest info.

Perhaps if this kind of event would grab the attention of guild leaders and they would tell everyone in their guild about this kind of event, perhaps we would find more people willing to take part.

Horizons IRC chat

Thread Information