Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will you pay 50$ for an expansion?

Default Re: Will you pay 50$ for an expansion?

NO
    Aegis BlightMaker, Gnome of the First Order

visiting times vari

Yes,of course

Would I pay $50 for an expansion...maybe. To me Horizons isn't setup for EQ style set of expansion packs and I'd like to know what they'd put in an expansion before I'd even thing of shelling out cash.

If by expansion you mean those facets of the game that we've been missing...no. As much as I love Horizons I'm not paying to re-buy a game I supposedly already bought.
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Gwynnifer ApHelion

No, I wouldn't pay extra for what you've mentioned here. Much of what you've listed isn't expansion material; it's fundamental game mechanics and should have been in-game at release. If I'm going to have to pay$50 for that, I'll purchase a new game rather than Horizons Part Deux.

Even with its eccentricities, I still enjoy the game, and would rather see it survive, whether I continue to play the game or not. But I'm not going to pay $50 for content that largely should already be in the game at no extra fee.

I probably would, but don't see it happening. I remember David mentioning wouldn't you rather have the features presented under your current subscription rate than to have it as an addon? Addons turn off people, no matter what the addons consist of.

50 bucks an expansion? to pay for a game I already paid 50 bucks for (that you don't even have to pay the 50 bucks NOW to play?)

Uhh..no.

With many others on this - expansion is for new - and they'll only get MORE of *my* money when they've fixed what they should have had in game on day one. Paying to complete myracial classwhen it was supposedly completed 13 months ago when I ALREADY paid for it...

NO!

They've given me no reason to trust the expansion pack would even deliver half of what it says it deliverse, for the same price I paid for the game - that isn't finished for me to begin with?!

HELL NO!

Phillip can't blame you for asking the question.

But releasing an expansion now with release features and bug fixes would not go over well with the majority of the playerbase. Not to mention it would completely turn off anyone wanting to return and probably new players as well.

No they have to make it work with what they have now. If they cannot then they need to bow out of the MMO market. The competition is simply to fierce right now for an Horizons expansion to even flap its wings.

My list......I never intended that to be a expansion pack list nor would I pay for it.

If they closed the servers down and went into only dev mode, flushed the chars They would have to have done all that for me to start over.

Also those changes would bring more people than they would loose by flushing chars imo
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

I will not pay for bug fixes...

I already pay 13 euro/month to be allowed to play, if that is not enough then that is their problem...
    Dont know how expensive the playing fee is for EQ2/WoW or any other MMORPG but to play a complete game with my dragon might be worth a slightly higher monthly fee... Paying 15-20 euro/month for a complete game would be more acceptable, but onlywitha lot of new stuff added frequently...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

i would :)

atm not shure .. but would have payed a fullpriced expansion only to get a new grafix-engine 2-3 months ago.

Looking for all types of Tier 4/5 techs!

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip
    * Proper dragons
    I can relate to that.
    [st]
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

YES ... and NO! [^o)]

YES: as i want the game to evaluate and be what it could be. Though this is only happening with fresh money and the possibility to hire staff.

NO: as i feel like the many other pre-speakers. I already pay my monthly fee - in fact i subscribed and paid for 3 months the last time.

If I get what I expected when I started that game :

- A lot of different kind adventure to run with friends (if not donjons)
    - Any kind of loot (crystal was a really good idea) that enhances crafted object
    - A Monk/Disciple line as effective as other Melee classes (because I will never have more than one level 100 for my toon.)

the answer is definitily YES

otherwise, the answer is definitively NO !

i figure that 1) we wait til kingdom come to get what we want or 2) lose $50 and get what we want sooner.

I would, but would first read the contractural agreement for that $ 50. If the content and bugs at release are not fixed AND expansion content is not added within a definitive timeframe I'd get that $ 50 back.

You know, something to validate the disputed charge with the credit card company to get the $ 50 back.

If not, then the player base would essentially be paying an initial $ 50 and then another $ 50 for a MMORPG, along with a $13 monthly fee to beta test it with aresponse challenged development team.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

That arena for fighting and betting on fights is an awesome idea! [Y]

have it so you could select the mob to spawn and the quantity.
    Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

Perdis

No.
    We are still waiting & payed/payingfor things that should have been in from the beginning.

Yes, especially if it comes with a supervault...

Rocinante
    Fury of Feladan

lise

PvP add on for those who want it - cost, $50.00

Thread Information