Thread: Today's Attacks by the Withered Aegis

Default Today's Attacks by the Withered Aegis

Hope you all had a good time. I know the lag could get bad at times and some of you may have gotten quite a few DPs. I'll try and spread it out more from here out. Also, for you low level folks I'm going to find some lower levelled spawns of Undead to bring in from time to time.

Finally, a summary of your heroic efforts today:

- Afternoon assault on Aughundell by a force of Ebon Knights and Ebon Golems repulsed with moderate difficulty.

- Evening assault on Morning Light by Blight Specter and a force of Ebon Knights/Golems defeated. Specter survived and withdrew to join another attack.

- Undead forces attempted to capture the west road to Aughundell, breaking supply lines. Initial assault was nearly defeated, but the Gifted withdrew and the Undead were able to reinforce their position. A counter-attack by the Gifted on the roads succeeded in destroying the skeletons and few Ebon Knights/Golems that had setup defensive positions.

- A diversionary attack by skeletal forces occurred on Bristugo and the Travel Gates in an attempt to disrupt travel to reinforce Aughundell. While large in number, the skeletons were overwhelmed by the Gifted and the attack quickly crushed.

- Two large waves of Ebon Knights/Golems assaulted the south gate of Harro, resulting in heavy losses on both sides, though the Gifted recovered and dealt defeat to the attackers. Thebattle was neither quick nor easy.

- The Blight Specter from Morning Light joined with a Blight Anchor to attack the Wooden Wall and the Battlefield of Aughundell. Ongoing fighting there continued long into the evening, though much of the attack had been thwarted.

- A small raidof Scorched Bone Knights attacked the southern portions of Parsinia, the first attack on Lesser Aradoth inrecent memory, but was quickly defeated before damage could be caused.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Today's Attacks by the Withered Aegis

Thanks again Amonand any other dev that was involed with the event,you really know how to throw a party and crash the place[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-22.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-33.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-33.gif[/img]

:o
    It sure goes to show that the games population really push the current hardware limits... I hope things get a boost in capability soon :P
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    - Two large waves of Ebon Knights/Golems assaulted the south gate of Harro, resulting in heavy losses on both sides, though the Gifted recovered and dealt defeat to the attackers. Thebattle was neither quick nor easy.
    Well we dispatched the original group there quickly, but when you sent the second wave it caught us off guard when 30 or so mobs appeared on top of us and whiped us out. So yeah I would say the second wave was where the real gifted losses occured.[:P]

But thx amon and crew for these attacks, it was fun.

GhostRdr -
    100- RVR, SPRT, HLR, CONJ, SHMN, GRD
    100- BLK, WPN, FIT, MSN

Fayde- 69 Adult Lunus/35 craft
    82nd Level Hoard
    Member of the Dark Council
    Nana & Gerard Guild Communities

Thalak

Was a nice event, a smattering of these weekly would really bring some life back into the game and give some purpose back again. Nice step in the right direction.

Another day, another series of raids by the Withered Aegis. The Gifted once again proved their prowess by fending off the attacks, but the WA has not yet given up on retaking Istaria.

1. Bone Knights attacked the crossroads near Desert Shore, attempting to disrupt travel between Dalimond and Chiconis. Though large in number, they were defeated by the quick reaction of the Gifted.

2. Bone Knights attempted to destroy the portal pad at South March, to cut off reinforcements for later assaults. Though the battle was over quickly, it was not easy and there were many losses.

3. Bone Knights waylaid travellers on the roads east of Aughundell near the drawbridge, paving the way for a later assault.

4. A few lone Ebon Knights attacked the shrine at Aughundell, but were defeated handily.

5. Bone Knights and Storm Wisps attempted to free the purple necroflies from frequent attacks by The Gifted. A large force entered the canyons and defeated the attacking bipeds and dragons, then settled down to occupy the valley against future incursions.

6. Griltok, a Meatblight Conjurer and Lieutenant of the Withered Aegis, led a large force around Aughundell to attack it from the west. Attempting to avenge recent defeats, he was met just before he reached the city by a combined force of dragons and bipeds. There a lengthy battle ensued and raged for some time before Griltok was finally defeated and his minions with him.

Another great day for The Gifted in the defense of Istaria.

- Amon

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Was much fun until my computer puked durring the battle with the Lt. Thanks.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

gopher65

Darn I was at work today:(.

I really like the idea of attacking the spawn sites of popular monsters! Especially Purple flies and the satyr islands;). I'd like to see a few huge packs of toughened up Cursed Wolves lead by Dark Stalkers and some Meatblight conjurers. They could cut though anything.

WOot the wa are getting lively :) though I missed it today thanks again amon for keeping this up :)

Had a few fun battles in South March and griltok in west aug, but didn't know there were minions sent to the flies location. The WA are getting sneakier[;)], I am surprised that with as camped as that area gets noone let the word out about it.

GhostRdr -
    100- RVR, SPRT, HLR, CONJ, SHMN, GRD
    100- BLK, WPN, FIT, MSN

Fayde- 69 Adult Lunus/35 craft
    82nd Level Hoard
    Member of the Dark Council
    Nana & Gerard Guild Communities

I didn't get to attend this event, but I have some in the past and was around when all the destruction took place before the merge. Thanks for having these events. Even with the lag and the DPs they are really awesome. We have some new folks to the game in our guild that got to participate and they were really
    jazzed afterward. We need these more often. And, like you said, need some lower level mobs in the fray as well. Maybe different attacks on the different tiered towns, level appropriate mobs....

Anyway, keep these happening, lots of fun!!

There were a series of raids today by the Withered Aegis, though no full assaults.

1. Werewolves waylaid travellers in the cedar forests outside Kion.

2. Mylocs and Fire Golems attacked Chiconis, but were easily defeated by the defenders.

3. The Withered Aegis repeatedly assaulted Harro, with Ogres, Skeletons, and Wraiths. The Ogres nearly breached the walls of the city before being turned away.

4. Blighted Kwellen attempted to take and hold the Island west of Lerena, but were destroyed.

5. Selen was attacked, Dalimond was attacked by an Avatar of Pain, Kirasanct was attacked by skeletons, Mahagra was attacked twice by the Undead.

6.Finally the settlement of Aiya was assaulted by a large force of Werewolves, ghosts and other undead, but were defeated after a prolonged battle.

The Withered Aegis has picked up the frequency and range of its assaults, but has so far been defeated at each turn. Keep up the good work, folks!

In light of recent attacks made this poster
    There coming

gopher65

Nice Poster Blue:)

Amon, I was wondering if it would be possible to cronicle these events ingame somehow? At the very least have an NPC (like the old town criers or whatever they were called. Those are gone now right?) that tells of the miniattacks of the day before:). Each morning (or night before you leave) you could do a hotfix to update the text of the criers/news mongers (sp). Then when people got on in the morning or for a quicky at lunch they could check to see what had happened the day before:). I don't think such a system could be much more work for you (once it is implemented) than posting on these boards (where few people come) every time you create an attack.

It would be nice to have newsNPCs that Auto-Update every time a mob comes within a certain radius smallof a city/town. Possibly only when a NAMED mob or WAleuiftent (sp) came near the city. Perhaps each named mobthat participates in the invasion system could have acounter that counts the number offollowers in its group, and a system that alertsNPC news moungers in the city they are attacking?I don't know if this is possible or not, just thought I'd throw it out there. This would be very nice once the invasion system is completed.

It would also be nice (eventually) to have libraries that you could go to to get info onpast player events and how they had turned out. Also a wee bit of lore and background info could be in them as well:).

Woah! Hold up now... I can assure you that Smeglor would not appreciate a hotfix every day. Heheh

Also, updating a NPC is actually a bit more time-consuming than posting here. I will look into this idea further though.

Auto-Updates and what-not is not possible currently. But it is a neat idea.

Libraries. Well, lets just say that is a ways down the road.

- Amon

ROARRRRRR

[;)] We all leapt to defend Chiconis and Selen under attack and searched and searched... A noble biped took out the fire golems and near as we can tell the myloc drown...
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

gopher65

Sigh:(. Well, thanks for replying Amon. It will be nice in 10 or 15 years when MMOG developers finally have the technology avalible to make games that can do all the things I imagine. And games that look as pretty as single player games:).

/off topic
    gopher just because the game is pretty doesnt mean its a good game take and compare doom 3 to the orignal doom 1,2 and final doom. Doom 3 may have been a master piece in how it look but the game play? it stunk it sucked it was a waste of my $50 on the other hand the orignal doom heck I would glady to pay $50 bucks for those 3 again there grapics may not be eye popping but they have excellent game play and replay vuale. and Horizon I find to be a gorgios game filled with so many sights and (well can say sounds now can I ;)) My hard drive has over 10 gigs of screen shots of the game I love the landscape this game may not have ...farcry grapics but as long the game is laid out and planned for easy user navigation makes it a enjoyable experince.

Thread Information