Thread: Racial Housing Communities

chef

Smile Racial Housing Communities

Looking forward to entire communities for particular races, such as Dragon, Gnome, Elf, etc.

There are a few for dragons already, but as far as I know the biped plots are not going to be restricted to races; it's just the racial building types that will give cultural flavor to a plot or a community. Even then, though, a human can build a sslik structure (etc.) without any trouble. Dryad construction, rumored to be akin to dragon lairs but going up in trees rather than down into earth, is still on the to-do list, I think.
    Khorinah Hellurath, Helian of Chaos 100/100/almost 100

Akhirrah Velvetpaw, kitty cleric, shaman, outfitter, blacksmith, fitter, carpenter, mason and weaver ... so far
    Menkhuri, lowbie sslik monk-zerker
    Khuhari Shadowborne, hatchling dragon
    Khyrieh, hatchling dragon

Yes, and dwarf structures will be similar to dragon lairs in that they go below ground. Devs have given no ETAs on new racial buildings - and I can see them taking up a lot of artist time - but they've said that dryad and dwarf buildings will be the next ones on the structures list.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Quote Originally Posted by chef
    Looking forward to entire communities for particular races, such as Dragon, Gnome, Elf, etc.
    Ah yes, a gnome village like Pajalsti near Genevia -- but for that we would first have to have gnomish structures....

I can sympathize if a Saris who settles outside Kion or a Sslik who wants to live outside Sslanis want to live in a house that is suited to their needs. I just wished that the decoration part would take the actual region more into account -- palm trees in deserts, snowy trees in icy regions...
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Thread Information