Thread: food could be a little more useful

Default food could be a little more useful

it wouldn't be very hard to make food a part of everyday play, by insituting either a hunger penalty or a fed bonus (smallish in either case) which would encourage people to buy a little food and nibble at it at regular intervals.

It doesn't make a great deal of intuitive sense that the only people who are interested in food are the recently fallen.

Normally, it's the living that are interested in food, and the dead that are not...

Merriweather Honeythorn

Default Re: food could be a little more useful

I disagree with any sort of penalty to encourage eating food as players are already feeding a penalty. A fed bonus would be good but I'd like to see it done with other varieties of foods and not stacked onto the DPR foods.

It would be nice if they had more foods that worked like the Festival foods did; give a short term buff or boost to various different aspects. The only difference would be these foods would attribute they're own form of boost/buff and not just cast on the person an exsisting buff. The food boosts would be stackable with most/all spell buffs but would not be stackable with themselves (IE the T3 version of Spice Cake, giving Alacrity, would not stack with the other tiers of the same cake; lower tiers being overwritten and not taking hold when higher tiers were currently in use) or they could just instigate the same restrictions they have on DPR foods (IE only X level to Y level players can eat Z tier food).

Default Re: food could be a little more useful

I have to agree.
    Don't add a penalty, add a bonus.

Add to the game, not restrict what is in the game now.
    -Digit Dryad
    Chaos

Thread Information