Thread: trainer levels need adjustments

Default trainer levels need adjustments

This has been an issue for me for quite a while...

If I go to a craft trainer to buy my Jman forms and to get quests from...I at least want them to be a high enough crafter that they'll know what they're doing. At the very least they're all adults and should have craft levels comparable to those needed for Adult Right of Passage.

Same with the trainers for abilities and boosts to skill. If I'm learning how to make shining essence orbs from Zepharus, I think oldZephshould have a crafting skill that makes it capable for him to do shining orbs.

It sounds like this needs to be applied across all classes. Sure most craft trainers are just representatives of the Empire collecting resources for the QMs but if they are working for the Empire there has to be some reason they got that job.

And why the heck are the DRAGON pawnbrokers confectioners!?!
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Default Re: trainer levels need adjustments

Actually, it was only one dragon pawnbroker. But thanks for pointing it out. I've updated them for the next patch.

Updated Zepartus also.

"Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

And why the heck are the DRAGON pawnbrokers confectioners!?!
    And now who the heck will cook me those crispy gnomeburgers [:@]
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    Actually, it was only one dragon pawnbroker. But thanks for pointing it out. I've updated them for the next patch.

Updated Zepartus also.
    Amon, don't let me down. I know the staff at TulgAE reads the relevant posts here . . . . (dated yes, so some of them may have been corrected and I missed it in the patch notes).
    Ratings of Dragon Trainers vs. other trainers Posted by: Jaraiden
    Posted: 10-23-2004
    in the Game Bugs forum. As I looked at most of the Chiconis and Dralk trainers, one thing was apparent . . . all of them were level 1. The only exception was the new Essence Harvestor trainer in ... More ...

As I looked at most of the Chiconis and Dralk trainers, one thing was apparent . . . all of them were level 1. The only exception was the new Essence Harvestor trainer in Dralk, level 80.

So I look at most of the trainers in Aughendahl . . . level 80s all over, and a level 99 chaos warrior (some inner guard). Did see a level 1 NPC near him though.

So I look at most of the trainers in Kirascent . . . level 60s all over.

Not a suggestion, but a valid lore based issue. Why are Lunus dragons in Dralk so unexperienced? The same for Helian dragons in Chiconis (and that Gemworking trainer near the level 70 lava oastics in Dralk)? Warrior dragon? Confectioner dragon?

The list I compiled:

Dralk:

Septianus the Pawn Broker should not be Confectioner 1
    Derasian the Consigner should not be Warrior 1

Tiber the Vaultkeeper . . Warrior 1, should be Adv ??

Guard Kesselan is Dragon Adv 35 near level 70 Lava Oastics - prevent an exploit by not having the Oastics come near the guard, but increase his level

Heraxius the Gemworking Trainer . . Adv 1 / Crafter ??so close to same Lava Oastics

Trainers:
    Queriatia the Dragon Crafting Trainer . . Adv 1 / Crafter 15
    Evenitas the Mining Trainer . . Adv 1 / Crafter 15

Luadius the Breath Accuracy Trainer . . Adv 1
    Severant the Drain Strike Trainer . . Adv 1

Zebeginia the Scale Hardener . . Adv 1
    Periado the Tooth and Claw Master . . Adv

Rumiana the Dragon Adventurer . . Adv 1
    Xerix the Tooth and Claw Trainer . . Adv 1

Miemonus the Scalecraft Trainer . . Adv 1 / Crafter 15
    Rykhar the Spiked Scales Trainer . . Adv 1

Vrylliak . . Adv 1

Valkoth the Ancient . . Adv 95 . . . so will be minimum for player dragons?

Hezelerius the Ambrosia Vendor . . Adv 1

Caspiras the Essence Harvesting Trainer . . Adv 80

Chiconis:

Periadan the Pawn Broker is Adv 26, good
    Quira the Consigner should not be Warrior 1

Witzel the Vaultkeeper . . Warrior 1, should be Adv ??

Trainers:
    Bentaras the Dragon Reach Trainer . . Adv 1
    Kreig the Quarrying Trainer . . Adv 1 / Crafter 15

Wintheria the Gold Rage Trainer . . Adv 1
    Kaliphar the Gift Trainer . . Adv 1

Resiata the Dragon Crafting Trainer . . Adv 1 / Crafter 15
    Juquenas the Spellcraft Trainer . . Adv 1 / Crafter 15

Frall the Healing Trainer . . Adv 1
    Lomak the Healing Master . . Adv 1

Grizelian the Primal Master . . Adv 1
    Lisandia the Primal Trainer . . Adv 1

Memni the Augmentor . . Adv 1 / Crafter ??
    Sandava the Dragon Adventurer . . Adv 1

Keori . . Adv 1

Semeneth the Ancient . . Adv 95 . . . so will be minimum for player dragons?

Kirellatanus the Ambrosia Vendor . . Adv 1

Z?? the Essence Shaper Trainer . . Adv ? / Crafter 80?

- - - -
    The Adventure levels should be comprable to the tier of the city (actually should be higher) and the monsters around it. The Crafter levels should be around 60 to 80 (as in the two example cities).

Since plots can get jack o' laterns and scarecrows . . . perhaps AE can focus some effort toward long standing dragon issues. AndI rememberAE tweaking clothing styles and levels of the other trainers (in merger patch notes I am sure) . . . sosimilar attention toward dragon trainers was absent.Just a few more database updates I think. Thanks in advance Amon.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth

Updated Zepartus also.
    [Y][pi][^][<:o)]

Woot! That was fast and much appreciated!!

The last emote is supposed to be the one with the hat and the noise maker...
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

This was pointed out on some Unity chat channel... the elder council near dralk are all lvl 80 ancients. Comparing them to AE's published draft on ARoP entry requirements, none of them qualifies.[:S]

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Thread Information