Thread: Aughundell conversations with a dragon

Default Aughundell conversations with a dragon

Tannil Underig
    ? Have you heard the latest gossip? My second cousin tells me her friend was wandering up north and saw ? you?ll never believe this ? an ogre made of ice! Can you believe it? I certainly can?t; she exaggerates so much, it?s hard to hell fact from fiction with her. I mean, really, an icy ogre? What will she think of next, some shambling monster sewn together from different creatures?

Captain Jarthur of the Iron Guard
    ? Greetings and well met, friend. Welcome to Aughundell, home of the Dwarves. You are welcome here, though I ask that you keep your weapons and spells to yourself. We?ll have no trouble in our fair city! Or the Iron Guard will be on you faster than a flea on a gruok.

Gulnor the Elder
    ? Welcome to Aughundell, friend. I am Gulnor the Elder and a member of the Imperial Council for the Living Races. As you can see around you we have managed to rebuild much of our beloved city sicne the Siend of Aughundell was broken ten years ago. Our city is open to you, please make yourself at home and trade with us. We have much to offer. Good day!

Kignar of the Iron Guard
    - Well met, friend! I am Kignar Shieldbreaker and it is my duty ad honor to guard the Aughundell Vault. Been helping Hulin out here for many years and he is a good friend and warrior. Watch yourself around him though! He has been known to overcharge those he does not call friends.

Quartermast Grendan Stonemeld
    ? Hello to ye, citizen ? the names Grendan, of the Stonemeld clan here in Aughundell. I?ve been working as an Imperial Quartermaster for the Empire ?ere ever since our reunification with the other Living Races back just after the Battle of Tazoon. I make sure that ll the folks ?ere have what supplies and armaments they need, as well as sharing supply counts and whatnot with the other Quartermasters throughout the Empire. With the Siege well behind us, we Dwarves are going to be bloody well sure hat if the Aegis rears its ugly head around these parts again ? and you can count on them doing just that ? we?ll be ready to smash them back into whatever blighted pit they crawled from. Count on it.

Broghar the Crossbowman trainer
    ? Well met, Dragon. Do you wish to hear about how the Crossbowmen helped stave off defeat during the Siege of Aughundell?

You do wish to hear more about our role? Excellent! Well, you see, there were only a few of us among the Iron Guard but it was our skills with the elements that helped keep the Withered Aegis at bay. The walls of Aughundell forced the Withered Aegis to bunch up and so we were able to rain elemental death down upon them! It was glorious to behold! I was never more proud to call myself a Crossbowman than during the Siege. And to our credit King Dralnok chose several of us to accompany him on his journey. But you should speak with Gulnor about that if you have not already.

Arghur the Scout Trainer
    - Greetings, friend. I am known as Arghur the Brown and I am a scout of the Iron Guard. Do you wish to know more of the Siege of Aughundell?

I was there at the end of the Siege, with King Dralnok. The Withered Aegis may be undead, but they are possessed by a most evil intelligence. They are difficult to fight and very cunning. Fortunately, Dwarves are more cunning and so we held out for many years until the Siege was lifted, around the same time as the Battle of Tazoon.

Daggle Ironshaper
    ? Aughundell is th? place t? be in my opinion. There?s good, hard work t? be done, an? yer doin? it around th? finest folk in Aradoth. Bein? on the front lines of th? battle has its interein? moments, too. All in all, m?friend, I?d say this city is th? best place t? remind ya yer alive.

Hesia the Cleric Trainer
    ? Welcome to Aughundell, Dragon. Do you wish to hear about the duties of a Cleric?

As a Cleric and Protector of the People, it is my duty and the duty of those that serve with me, to protect the people who cannot protect themselves. We heal the mind as well as the body, while serving Brobbet and the Divine Mandate. During the Siege of Aughundell, the Clerics were instrumental in the keeping the people motivated and healthy so that our warriors could defend the city without fear.

Granok the Warrior trainer
    ? Well met, my friend. I am Granok, Drill-master and trainer for the Iron Guard. Do you wish to know more of the Siege of Aughundell?

The Siege of Aughundell, my friend. A glorious battle in which we held off the hordes of the Withered Aegis for decades! In the end, despite what the Humans and others may say, it was the Dwarves who made the Battle of Tazoon possible. It is we who held back the bulk of the Withered Aegis long enough for a defense to be arranged. Never forget that, for we shall not!

Baric the Blacksmith trainer
    ? Well met, Dagon. I am Baric Ironhand, Blacksmith Trainer here in Aughundell. I forge most of the tools and items for the Iron Guard and citizens of the city. Are you interested in hearing about the Siege of Aughundell?

Oh, my friend, let me tell you about the Siege of Aughundell. Terrible years, those were. Many of my friends were killed and many more injured. Buy we were victorious in the end! We worked many long days and nights repairing the weapons and armor of the Iron Guard, but it was worth it and all for King Dralnok and the Divine Mandate.

Arghal
    ? Hello friend. There is much afoot in Aughundell, with the Siege lifted and times returning to normal. Perhaps you would like to know more about the Siege?

Link currently broken, message into tech support

Olstas Buradach
    - Did the Dwarves from the mine send you? Well, you can tell them they can forget it! I?m not going back into that pit! Oh, my Da? said working in the mines is fun, it?s what a Dwarf should be doing at your age...but that?s a load of tripe! It?s dirty and you end up eating dust all day; where? the charm in that? I swear, I?m the only sane Dwarf in the Buradach clan?

Gegnar of the Iron Guard
    ? Well met, friend! I am Gegnar Aegisslayer and it is my duty and honor to guard the Inner City of Aughundell. You are welcome down here, though we ask that you cause no trouble. Otherwise, you?ll have to deal with me! And you won?t like me when I?m angry, no, not one bit.

Durghol the Chaos Warrior Trainer
    - Greetings, Dragon. Have you heard of the Siege of Aughundell?

Nearly fifty years ago the Withered Aegis attacked Aughundell with a massive horde of the undead. We held them off for many years, suffering innumerable losses, but never surrendered our city! Fifty years, my friend! Remember that, for we are strong and unyielding. We uphold the Divine Mandate and for our faith Brobbet rewards us!

Joggler Simms
    ? Please excuse me; I?m rather preoccupied at the moment. I had been collecting these marvelous bottle caps, and I know I was very close to completing the set. I cam to Aughundell to trade with a fellow collector, but I failed to check out his background or get any references. Somehow after several furious rounds of trading, he had all the bottle caps, and I had none! I?m still not sure how it happened. Now of course I?m beside myself. I can never feel fulfilled until I collect the entire set, but the thought of starting over is just too much to bear.

I don?t suppose you have a collection you?d be willing to part with. I would pay a handsome fee to anyone who can help me out.

Gormund of the Iron Guard
    ? Hey there, friend! Good t? see you this fine day. My axe is getting? a mite antsy, I say. It?s seen some hard times o?er the years. I may have a task fer ya when you?re stronger.

Oi yea, hard times indeed! Oh, the Siege was a terrible time. I lost many a friend and comrade. My axe sure did enjoy itself, I say. Hackin? the Withered Aegis ?ill do a number on the shine, though. Went through many a bottle o? polish during the Siege.

Prawn of the Iron Guard
    ? Hello, friend. I am known as Prawn Golemslayer and it is my honor and duty to protect the Eastern Gate to Aughundell. If you are venturing onto the Battlefield, be wary! For the Withered Aegis have frequent patrols just beyond the Pallisade.

Gremmora of the Iron Guard
    ? Hello, friend. I am known as Gremmor Shieldbreaker and it is my honor and duty to protect the Eastern Gate to Aughundell. The Withered Aegis have been active lately, patrolling near the Palisade. So be careful if you are venturing out!

Melagant the Shadow Scholar
    ? Not many find me here in my secluded library where I diligently research and study the ancient shadows for useable magic. Although some say the ancient magic taints and darkens the existing magic of Istaria and refuse to use it, I have found three vocal adherents in Darkstaff the Ancient, Thurid, and Belgaret the Wolf. They have all augmented the classic magic of Istaria with some of the results from my research and have found definite benefits. The changes are very subtle and certainly don?t create a new school of magic in any way, but as a growing number of other mages decided to experiment with my research results, a backlash from the established community of mages developed which forced all would be experimenters to leave the classic schools of magic and go it alone, to become outcasts or hermits. Fortunately, even becoming outcast or hermit has not stopped many skilled magic users from trying some of my concepts.

Of all who listed to me, one was special. The Archmage Darkstaff the Ancient was the most accomplished, if somewhat erratic, magic user in all of Istaria when we met. He had already lived for centuries and was known throughout the land as a hero, but in spite of all that, he treated me with respect and dignity. He was interested in my research and helped me as much as time permitted. I greatly admire the man. I mean so what if he drank a few too many ales, it is not easy to live for centuries. Particularly when so much that time is spent fighting the Lich King and his minions. So it is with great sadness that I must tell you this awful news. Darkstaff has been captured and imprisoned in a magically sealed cave located in the Underdark. This appears to be one of the key steps in the Lich King?s plan to cover all of Istaria in the Fimbulwinter. This diabolical plan was first discovered by Scarn and was verified by Darkstaff.

In the event that anything ever happened to him, Darkstaff asked me to pass along a few comments to his friends. He wants to thank all the Phoenicians for bringing him back form the brink of ale induced self destruction after Lady Karen turned against him. In particular he credits Sunsfire, Lord Sihn, Faetten, Sergon and Scarn for his recovery. To his apprentice Eklipse, he thanks him for allowing him to become a teacher which forced him to set a good example. Thanks also to Bosk,Armorer for the Gods, and a true friend. Finally, thanks to Aroah the Master Healer, a friend from the very beginning in the fight for Istaria.

If you would like to help study the shadows I will give you a research project!? This link leads to a quest.

Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Default Re: Aughundell conversations with a dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Gliding Frost
    Arghal ? Hello friend. There is much afoot in Aughundell, with the Siege lifted and times returning to normal. Perhaps you would like to know more about the Siege?

Link currently broken, message into tech support

Arghal: 'Welcome, friend! I trust you are doing well this day? There is much afoot in Aughundell, with the Siege lifted and times returning to normal. Perhaps you would like to know more about the Siege? Or do you wish to become a mage?'

Arghal: 'The Siege was a terrible time for us. Cut off from contact with all of the Living Races, many of whom assumed we were destroyed, we held out until the Battle of Tazoon was won and the forces of the Withered Aegis put to flight in full retreat. There are only a few mages in the Iron Guard, but we managed to hold out for years against the horde of undead. Thank Brobbet for that!'
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Thread Information