Thread: 2 returning players looking for a place to build a home.

Default 2 returning players looking for a place to build a home.

Hello all,
    My hubby (Fawkes) and I have decided to give horizions another try. On Twilight we had 2 plots: one 35x35 workshop in Harton Valley and a 75x75 home in Dikana (sp?). I see the prices have conciderably changed since we left. I remember when the castle plot was 2 gold and no one ever thought it could be afforded lol ! Anyway, we have approx 500sp between us and want to buy a plot a big as possible (bigger than 35x35) to build out new home. Does anyone know where we should start looking or possibly have one for sale?[ip]
    Thanks
    Avi and Fawkes

Default Re: 2 returning players looking for a place to build a home.

WOOT! Welcome back guys! Can't wait to see you two in game. /dance

Unfortunately I don't really know where you two would find an available plot bigger than that but try the new landmass of Trandalar. It is a Tier 3-4 island and most of the plots I've seen are pretty nice sizes. A fair few with flags still up as well I believe. Unfortunately they will cost a bit more than 500sp so start saving up and working on gaining more coin asap. Most bigger ones are at least a gold and a bit (mine was 1gp 500sp I believe and it is 60x60) and with both of you working toward getting the money getting that much should come quickly.

Goodluck guys and again, I'm so glad you two are back! *snugs*

Snow

Another idea is to explore some. A lot of cities have a lot of flagged plots ('flags' are stuck on available plots to make them easier to spot). A lot of folks have moved onto 'sexier' places, even more available if you don't mind it being restricted in some way R and C but no I for example, etc.

Most communities are about as 'matured' as they are going to get, so there usually isn't an immediate need to build your own machines and vaults, but more never hurts especially when reclaimations start again, or if one of them 'breaks'. We in Selen had our main vault keep dissapear for a few days for instance.

Alternately you could save up and cross your fingers for when reclaimations happen. A lot of folks have left in the months since the merger and a lot of available plots are sure to appear, hopefully with machines and buildings intact. Also if you were to join a guild it might be possible that they have plots that are available from previous guildies as well.

Welcome back!
    -HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Welcome back. [:D]

I think there may be a decentplot in Desert's Edge - one was for sale there a few weeks ago, but I have not looked recently.Places like Kenafport, Slate Hills, and Manbow have a number of plots available, butall of the ones larger than 35x35 arelong sold.When lairs are released, I'd expect to see a number of biped plots become available, though they will probably befairly expensive.It might be worth your while todrop into dragon chat & see if anyone is selling or would be interested in selling.

Your best bet may be a guild that owns a guild community with open plots. We have afew and I know we're not the only guild in that situation. I would never advocate joining a guild just on that basis, of course, but it is something worth keeping in mind when you are weighing your options.

There has been no news of reclamation recently, but hoping to snag a reclaimed plot is pretty much a last resort.

Best wishes to both of you in your house hunting! [B]
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

One other choice would be dependant on what Guild you are in and if they are in a Guild owned town. As many Guilds that are in this position already have the shops and vault in place you may be able to get by with a smaller plot sufficient for housing and silos. Guild owned plots are available for 1 silver.
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

gopher65

aye this is what I did Bori. I make use of the plots and machines of my fellow guildies, reserving my own tinyplot for personal housing a couple silos. No room for decorations on such a small plot though:(

Welcome back... always good to see folks returning to the land of the gifted.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Thread Information