Thread: Why should i come back to Horizons?

Default Why should i come back to Horizons?

Anyone care to sum up the changes in 6 months? I left because it was really boring. Nothing really to do except grind and craft a bit. The game lagged a ton. Dragons didn't have lairs. Fighting the undead was pointless unless you needed to grind. The promise of a world that would react to things, like if you killed a ton of undead in a area , that area's blight would move back some. OR if you didn't kill any in this another area, that blight would move forward... So in other words whats new?

SlammerBC

Default Re: Why should i come back to Horizons?

Based on your question I would say probably not quite yet. The game is still evolving though at a very slow pace.

Horizons is a bulding game right now (which I enjoy quite a bit, so not complaining). No other reason to play, although I have hopes.

When I want adventure, I teleport to another realm with loot, mounts, ships, swimming, dungeons, wizards robes and capes, dual wielding warriors and rogues, and blood-curdling monsters.

Hopefully, someday, I'll be able to fill all of those needs in ONE online realm.
    Brassandyn and Landowyn
    The Steelworks. Realm of Order

Quote Originally Posted by Brassandyn
    Horizons is a bulding game right now (which I enjoy quite a bit, so not complaining). No other reason to play, although I have hopes.

When I want adventure, I teleport to another realm with loot, mounts, ships, swimming, dungeons, wizards robes and capes, dual wielding warriors and rogues, and blood-curdling monsters.

Hopefully, someday, I'll be able to fill all of those needs in ONE online realm.
    And bloodcurdling bugs, stutter for high end video cards. False and misleading advertising. Same monsters, just retreaded. darkpaw gnolls, sabretooth gnolls a whole line of bears and wolves. Been there done that, betrayed a city. Came back to friends.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

One thing that has gone largely unremarked is the quiet assault on lag issues. Still with much to do, but progress has been noticeable. In Tazoon, I can now stay (did assessor of wit quest) and still keep running at 20-22 fps. A huge improvement.

Anchorswere fun for the first month, but have become a major thorn in the crafters' side as fewer capable and/or interested players remain to remove them promptly.

Many Dragons seem to have a renewed interest in leveling to prepare for ARoP and lairs.

And on Order anyway, the smaller player base feels tighter and more cohesive.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Many reasons to return, many not, I'd have to agree that if your not sure then try the 7 day trial to see whats going on first hand then make your choice from the information you personally experience.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

BTW there's something subtly different now, that requires of you to look at things differently than once.

You'll see what it is as you log in.

I.e. new mechanics will require of you to change your tactics (both adv and craft) else you'll have it rough.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Vindra

Quote Originally Posted by Kulamata
    One thing that has gone largely unremarked is the quiet assault on lag issues. Still with much to do, but progress has been noticeable. In Tazoon, I can now stay (did assessor of wit quest) and still keep running at 20-22 fps. A huge improvement.

Anchorswere fun for the first month, but have become a major thorn in the crafters' side as fewer capable and/or interested players remain to remove them promptly.

Many Dragons seem to have a renewed interest in leveling to prepare for ARoP and lairs.

And on Order anyway, the smaller player base feels tighter and more cohesive.
    Fps in Tazoon never bugged me - didn't have to go through Taz that often.. but last time I was in, the lag in Kion, Sslanis, Aughand on the entry into Dalimondwas crippling. Anything changed there? Fps dropped to 1 or 2 for way to long to even make me want to stay.

Anchors aren't in my line, cause my toons all are way to small to get attracted by them. And as a non-Dragon ARoP and lairs are a nice surplus, but nothing I eagerly await.

How about mobs in the 20 to 60 range? Anything changed there? Or are there still only a few overcamped areas where mobs do spawn regularly and all the others, where there's first none then too many for a solo player/ group of two ?

So, any REAL changes? Or still only cosmetics and some stuff to keep the highlevel-diehards happy ?

Quote Originally Posted by Drakolis
    Anyone care to sum up the changes in 6 months? I left because it was really boring. Nothing really to do except grind and craft a bit. The game lagged a ton. Dragons didn't have lairs. Fighting the undead was pointless unless you needed to grind. The promise of a world that would react to things, like if you killed a ton of undead in a area , that area's blight would move back some. OR if you didn't kill any in this another area, that blight would move forward... So in other words whats new?
    Like it has been said, download the trail...
    And try the game again...
    Many things have changed the since I started to play about 5 months ago, some for good others for "less" good...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

i don't think the current devs know much about the art of adventuring. they proved it often enough.

if you like to craft, this is it. if you like to adventure, no.

Yes, there have been additions to lower tier areas. A tier I area has been added near Parsinia, an island with a causeway. A tier II island, The Abandoned Island has been added, and the Northern Continent, a tier III area has also been added. All tend to spawn well. I don't know when you left, but guildplots with satellite member plots were added at the time of the merge.

Crimson Scourge and other WA types have received promotions. Kwellen and Vexators are now ingame.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Thread Information