Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dynamic map markers?

Quote Originally Posted by Fridlekh
    That's because I haven't been a Verizon customer for a long time... I'm surprised the account hasn't been totally wiped yet... maybe they think I'll come back or something, heh.

Anyway, this project is mostly on hold for the time being. I might do some interface work but, until the ability to enable logging on startup comes back, I'm pretty much stuck without being able to do log parsing the way I have in the past.
    Heya Fridlekh,

I am still using this today on Unity and my log files are not turned off at startup ... Is there any chance to extend the number of resources that can be in the defines file as I have run into the top number ... so can't add more ...

Thanks,

Fourwinds

Do you happen to have a number on that, Four?
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by tramsan
    Do you happen to have a number on that, Four?
    The number is around 106 markers or around 10924bytes not sure which is actually the cause of it ...

Ok, do you know if it is Frid's program that can't handle more, or the map marker file / map system itself?

With the changes to the client today on live... work again or not?
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakleif
    With the changes to the client today on live... work again or not?
    I've not had chance to check this yet as Unity has not had the last two patches that Chaos and Order have had yet ....

When we get the patches I will check and report back ...

Default Re: Dynamic map markers?

Fridlekh, I saw you post today. Is this project still under consideration, or is this a dead project?
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Currently it is a dead project. If it is revived, it will be integreated into my packetsniffer project. which is also currently on the back burner due to severe concussion from hitting my head up against a wall too many times trying to ficure out the xml -> binary encoding scheme. :P

Is there any way to get this anymore? All the links seem to be down or broken.

No way to get it currently besides finding someone else who has it and getting it from them. After that you'll have to find old copies of the maps, because while I was interning before and generating new maps, the map def files I generated broke the functionality of the markers program (really poor parsing on my part, yay alpha software :P)

I don't think I'm in a position right now where it would be wise to take the project back up, even if I hade the time... but if I find out it's OK, I'll release the source. (again?)

beware: It's written in XBasic. :P http://www.xbasic.org

I've been working on a program to do this and some more things for some time now. It suffered a slight setback due to a harddrive failure I had, and then some time on ice when I took a break from HZ, but now I'm back on it. It's currently in an early alpha stage, so it will take some time before it's released yet, but at least it's being worked on.

^^ nice to hear tramsan

hope you will finish your project soon so i can use it after the transfer :-)

Thread Information