Thread: A problem with the 7 day trial.

Dekeon

Default A problem with the 7 day trial.

2 Things.

1) My 7 day trial expired and it tells you all about upgrading to the retail. Well, this is the message you get:

"To continue with this upgrade you must supply a retail CD-Key. After you have entered the key below, the time restrictions will be removed from your account and you will be able to play Horizons with the same characters you have already created.
    Please verify the billing information you have entered and provide your retail CD-Key. If you do not have a retail key, you can purchase Horizons by clicking HERE. "

Well, the "HERE" you click on takes you to www.eb.com. I'm not sure if you are aware of it, but that site is Encyclopædia Britannica Online. Needless to say I couldn't find your softwar anywhere on there. I must admit though, I didn't really look. Did you mean to send people to www.ebgames.com? Well, I did try to go there too but I couldn't find Horizons for sale there under thier MMO section. Even Amazon has you going to a 3rd party "J&R Music and Computer World" to purchase it for $12.88. Not to mention Amazon (3rd party) Marketplace was one of only 2 places that www.mysimon.com could find even selling it.

Wich brings me to my next point. How hard would it be to just click the upgrade button and charge me $13.00 and email me a CD key? I already downloaded the program, all I need is a CD key.

Better yet why even bother with a new key?

Kind of makes it tough for people who want to actually try out Horizons again. Sure, I could probably hunt around and find a copy, but isn't the idea to hook the user while they have interest?

I have no problem with paying the $13 to continue playing, but I do have a problem with running out to the store (which I doubt I'll find it there) or ordering it online and waiting for delivery and paying for shipping just to get a string of numbers and letters.

Default Re: A problem with the 7 day trial.

YOu should make a support case with Tulga and you can get direct help from them at
    http://support.istaria.com/

amazing absolutely amazing.

When did you originally start your 7-day trial? Because since April 2004 they automatically convert to a fully paid account. So I'm thinking before that, and then yes they require an upgrade.

However, we can work with you on this as there are alternatives. Best plan is to open a support case at support.istaria.com.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information