Thread: Anchors on steroids

Default Anchors on steroids

So I guess we get to those gawd-awful anchors for another week. Cute.... Has anyone figured out how to take em down when they are spitting out critters faster than a division of Marines could kill em? Or perhaps WA needs to institute a steroid testing program?

Kwinn
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Default Re: Anchors on steroids

I am disapointed as well, esp dealing with the invisible anchors, but, if the publish was ready, I am sure it would have gone today, and I would rather have a good publish than a broken one.

I just hope there won't be any anchors like the one in the mithril on order this week.
    It was running away as soon as you targeted it.

I tried the one in mith too steady stream of blights, spectres and wraith groups. Never even got close to the damned thing. And we had pretty damned good group going in. Plenty of lvls and experience, we didnt stand a chance.

Before that Maiyr, Nefrett and myself took down a mighty anchor on a plot near the silk outside of Aughundel. The three of should have shredded that puppy without so much as a "By your leave". Instead it gave us all we wanted for what I would estimate to be about an hour. Literally hundreds of blights came outta that thing.

Kwinn
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Quote Originally Posted by Kwinn
    So I guess we get to those gawd-awful anchors for another week. Cute.... Has anyone figured out how to take em down when they are spitting out critters faster than a division of Marines could kill em? Or perhaps WA needs to institute a steroid testing program?

Kwinn
    Well it's too bad Tulga doesn't learn well, if they want to pull back the blight anchors on blight to figure out whats wrong thats fine. BUT TULGA SHOULD HAVE PULLED THEM FROM THE LIVE SERVERS FIRST!!!!!!!
    Instead they leave the bulk of their paying customers getting frustrated from a known existing problem. Not very bright guys and girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Yesterday (Feb 28th) I heard Manga found one of the invis anchors on chaos, and should have a fix for it 'soon'. Maybe if we're lucky no more ebil anchors will spawn, and maybe if we're even luckier we'll get a hotfix to the invisible/too damned hardproblem.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

The fix for the invisible anchors that was tested on Blight yesterday went to Live today.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thanks for the heads up and THANK YOU for the fix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    Something that I never thought to ask. Has anyone tried looking with wireframe mode to see if they can spot the anchor?...
    I asked that of my friend as well and he said he had done and still couldn't see the anchor.

Thank goodness they are gone, even though they didn't affect me. I'm glad for everyone they did cuz I definately heard the grumblings. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    The fix for the invisible anchors that was tested on Blight yesterday went to Live today.

- Amon
    Not trying to be too nitpicky, but weren't anchors removed from blight last week? That's how I read the patch notes, at least.

Or were they put back for the test?

According to the patch notes from last week they were removed from blight. At least thats what the notes said. But lefton the live servers, BRILLIANT!!

And hours later it still says that there were NO updates applied to live servers.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Dang I am to be the only one (heavy crafter too) that actually likes the mobs rich anchors (not the frequency, which I'd have made 1 a week or 2 -the thing per se I liked)...
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Whine whine whine

I'm glad to see the invisible anchors have been fixed what about the other invisible mobs?

Ever think what was on blight wasn't pushed live because it hadn't been properly tested or was broken and for once they didn't push broken crap live? I know it sounds odd but it is a possibility.

Its quite easy to avoid suped up anchors...Don't craft try some other aspects of the game. Alternately form bigger more diverse groups to combat the anchors.

Original:Death-Knell
    According to the patch notes from last week they were removed from blight. At least thats what the notes said. But lefton the live servers, BRILLIANT!!
    Well der, Thats because there is a "process" (I use the term loosley because lots of broken crap does seem to get to live) Where blight recieves stuff first often WEEKS before live. I'm guessing the removal of anchors could be more than just flicking a switch that says anchors on and anchors off. If they had have patched it live and it didn't work you probably would have been crying even more.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell

And hours later it still says that there were NO updates applied to live servers.
    There's a difference between an update and a hotfix. Removing the anchors is part of a content update which is still pending. Fixing a broken behavior is a bug fix. Hetrochromatic equines, entirely.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Mydnyght

Curious on what there trying to add, any clues?

Yes Kwinn I've met them too...

I spent 3 hours on a single T4 Anchor in the Maple just now... in that time I have killed at least 40 blight spectres, 100 blights of assorted kinds, and at least a dozen Kwellens.

I have 3 death points to show for it. and over 300k exp... I never could get close enough to the anchor to get it less than 40% down because it was continuously spitting out mobs at a rate of one about every 20 seconds, a kwell group about every 90 seconds... for a T4 anchor.

I have had less trouble with T5 Anchors sitting next to Mhedon... this Super Anchor is entity number #282153 located at 24143.89, 23344.71, 630.71 in the Maple on Chaos.

I'm usually a very patient person, but dying repeatedly to an obviously bugged mob requires no patience only action by TG.

25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Thread Information