Thread: How long are characters kept after cancellation

Tyreal2012

Default How long are characters kept after cancellation

As some know ive just recently cancelled i have 6 days remaining

how long are characters kept after cancellation as i may return ina few months time, i basically need a break from the game so im currently in ryzom, im looking at how long i can keep my char before it gets deleted, as chances are if i lose them for when i come back i dont think id stay.....so... how long?

Default Re: How long are characters kept after cancellation

as far as i know they reinvited old players (3months and more inactive accounts)before and there was a post that all chars created at the release-day are still in the database and can be reactivated.
    But i donĀ“t know about the "merge" and if they may have changed that.

Would be nice to get a "valid" statement from AE here i think.

Looking for all types of Tier 4/5 techs!

zerbot

Characters are not deleted. I'm sure that AE will let us know if they decide to change this policy.

Tyreal2012

itll be GN not AE zerb :) im eu remember :D

"How long are characters kept after cancellation?"

Answer: essentially forever. Characters are not deleted after cancellation.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Though if you own a plot, it will get into the repossession queue 30 days after your subscription ended (cancelling and your subscribed days ending is not the same thing - basically, you can not get rid of the days you have paid for, only choose not to pay for more). Now if I still remember how this thing worked, plots past the 30 day limit will get repossessed on the 1st of every month (and stripped of all structures) and go for sale on the 7th.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

This brings up a valid point . . . name changes.

Why should active players change their character's name (post merge) due to a name of a character by a cancelled player?

If AE is going on playing time, at some point the current player ($ to AE) should be able to take that name rather than a canceled player (no $ to AE). The player with the longest playing time should enjoy that name for their character.

Or, all character names of the canceled players should be appended with "_inactive" then AE puts out an announcement to those that had to change character names to remove the "_(server)" name or other player conflict.

It seems AE is taking the lazy way out. AE update your database of cancelled acounts and let the current players use the names that once had naming conflicts.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Actually, we are more than happy to assist players with recovering their names, Jaraiden. Simply submit a support case and we'll help you out.

As for character deletion, we don't currently delete characters from our databases.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thanks Amon. I was more concerned with another player. I just told her the good news.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

<< off topic >>

Jaraiden fix your siggy - the link is just a string of characters that breaks into the next line - looks messy

*pops medication for treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder*
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Impure Mage lvl 52 / Enchanter 45 / Spellcrafter 42 / Mason 23
    ( Last of the Forgotten )
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    (99.6% html free signature)
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

Thanks for the responce Amon.
    Aegis BlightMaker, Gnome of the First Order

visiting times vari

Thread Information