Thread: A story by Enoeth Minos

Default A story by Enoeth Minos

"A farmer. That's what I was before it happened.Taking care of the crops was one of the many things I was assigned to do. The other tasks were to teach farmers and gatherers the alphabet for reading and writing.

I was one of the few in our small village who had been lucky enough to have gone to the far town and learnt to read and write at a school, 20 years ago, when I was 13.

One day, when I was all alone on a field nearby, planting the new crops, a blinding light stunned me. The quiet morning it seemed to be was turning into an unpredictable series of events. From the brightening light, a mystical portal opened and an angel-like being came through it.

A part of me wanted to retreat to a safer place, but the curious side of me and a tainted feeling of serenity made me want to stay. The being then told me on a calm tone : " Do not be afraid, I am not here to hurt you ".

He then told me his name is Arandel and he was an archangel, "a guardian of that which matters the most". I didn't even have the time tot think : " Why are you here ? ", because the archangel Arandel waved his hand at the surroundings and everything gradually changed.

The sun, that had been a shiny bright summer sun, was now covered by an imposing dark grey storm cloud that stretched for as far as the eye could see. The landscape around me changed from the trees full of leaves and crops full of life to a draughty plain with no life what so ever. I could almost smell the scent of death nearby.

In the direction of my village, small walls of mud brick were laid all around the small community. Some movement could also be noticed behind the walls.

Dazzled from all that happened, I wanted to ask him " what's all of this ?", but again, haven't got the chance to ask him because of a frightening warcry of what seemed to be an orc, not far from me.

On the top of a nearby hill, a big dark figure mounted on a wolf-like beast appeared . . . a mounted orc.

He then charged into the direction I was ... and when he was 5 metres away from me,I jumped from his path, only to realise that he didn't see me ... because otherwise I would have already been dead. He continues instead he's charge all the way to my village, growling and waving his sword in the air.

A horn from the village could be heard, and a couple of archers tried to hit the orc ... only one arrow managed to find it's way to the quick moving
    target, hit the orc's black chest armor and bounced to the desperation of the villagers. The orc with his beast jumped the 2 metre high wall and started butchering all it could find ... men, women, children, no matter it wielded a sword or not.

I could hear women and children screaming and then stopping suddenly.
    After a half a minute, a dying warcry of the orc and his beast signified a small victory won with great casualties. Over half a dozen good men died and more than five women and children.

Only a few moments had passed from the victory, when on top of the hill a whole army of mounted orcs could be seen, growling and howling at the death of their fellow scout.

More troubling were the orc skeletons that had begun appearing in the front lines.

A frightening orc horn and the orc skeletons began moving towards the small village, followed by hundreds and hundreds of orcs. Skeletons passed near me and Arandel, and he did nothing to stop them. What happened next was indescribable. Arrows hit some skeletons when they were 30 meters from the walls, but had no effect whatsoever on them.

Upon reaching the walls, skeletons began climbing them swiftly, like the force of gravity didn't apply for them. The only thing I could tell from outside the walls was that all of the villagers were practically slaughtered ; screams, warcries and death sounds were some of the sounds I could distinguish from the chaos.

After the mounted orcs jumped over the walls, there was no fight, no battle, but a slaughter in the true meaning of the word.

Only 10 minutes had passed since the first orc attacked, and all that remained of the small village were some portions of the wall; all living men, women and children were dead; there were no more screams, just the smell of death and burning flesh . . . my village had burned to ashes.

And yet it was not over ; soon after the last standing men died, necromancers arrived to the village, with entire army's of living dead, mostly villagers, but some wearing armor as well.

They could hardly move and their dead state was easily detected.

" Withered Aegis necromancers " , said Arandel ... " and their undead zombie hordes " . . . " men that once were part of the empire, died in battles and their soul was enslaved and forced to live and obey their master " . . . " an atrocity indeed " . . . He then said " come ", and we begun gliding to the inside walls of the village.

The necromancers then started preparing some sort of satanic ritual and by their united strengths, strange green clouds begun appearing and long rays hit every dead man, that wasn't a women or children, one by one. And so, after a few seconds, each dead man started showing signs of life : chaotic movement of their arms and legs. Then, their blue soul could be seen re-entering he's body, sharp loud screams showing each one's immensely pain.

After the re-animation, most of the living dead villagers were confused and scared, not knowing what happened to them. Many would touch their deadly wounds and were stunned they aren't feeling a thing.

After the first woken dead man started moving, the necromancers stopped re-animating them and begun enslaving them.Most would be easily convinced to obey their master by making them feel their horrific wounds, yet not letting them taste the sweet taste of death.

But there were some that were a bit harder to convince. The methods necromancers applied were not from this world. Portals were opened and demons came through them,taking possession of the resisting living dead.

After the demons were done with them and left their bodies, they acted as if they were hypnotized, red-like eyes who's glow would last for several
    minutes.

This rituals would go on until the last potential zombie was re-animated and then converted. After they finished converting most of the villagers, the necromancers then moved to the village cemetery and proceeded with the same ritual with one exception: they were not re-animating zombies, but skeletons now.

I wasn't sure what to make out of all this. Then Arandel waved he's hand again and a white fog appeared around him. The fog then surrounded us and as it moved, the landscape returned the way it was. Then, Arandel told me : " That was yet to come to past ... and though you may try to change the future, your actions shall be in vain. You have been chosen by entities far beyond your wildest imagination to put an end to these atrocities.

For this, you must find remarkable men that were chosen on birth to fallow and serve justice. It won't be easy, many will be lured by the temptation of the Withered Aegis and betray you, but those you'll know they weren't chosen. This may be confusing for you at this moment, but in time you will fully understand what I told you".

" Why me ? " , I asked, " Why aren't you putting an end to these atrocities ? "

" It is you who has been chosen long before you were born, long before your parents were born.

It is you who must do this. If we interfere too much, the evil beings shall do the same, and the result may kill all the living races. The war between good and evil is as old as the stars and planets, but it never had grown in such way to engulf the world you live in, ... until now.

Even more, if the ultimate weapons are released from each side, it's feared it would destroy not only the living races, but all there is . . . . . good and bad .

So you see, each side it's trying to gain an advantage by helping their followers."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"You must prepare yourself for the journey to the west, you'll be safe there; go alone and fulfill your destiny."

The next moment, Arandel spread he's wings and a ball of light surrounded him; and then the ball of light imploded, teleporting him. Only a floating fader remained in the place he was a couple of seconds ago.

Later that day, I tried to convince my villagers that a great danger lies not too far from us, but none would listen. I knew they would have said I am crazy if I had told them about Arandel. I begun training for the long trip ahead, learned to survive in the wild and made a couple of hunting tools. The next days, rumors were heard of a terrible threat in the east, that destroyed several villages. Because of this, my villagers begun construction of a small wall, < just in case >, and hunters begun crafting some sort of leather armor.

The visions Arandel Showed me seemed not too far in the future, yet, I had to convince myself that what he said about me, being chosen, was true. So I told all of them I have to start a new life, and I headed north, in case anyone might say I knew about the danger long before, in their enslaved state of mind.

I headed north, into the forest, and then moved west at the top of a hill. Everything Arandel showed me happened 2 weeks after my departing and when the necromancers enslaved the last risen skeleton, they begun moving south-west. Necromancers must have read the villagers thoughts because some skeletons, five of them, were sent north, in the direction I appeared to be going, and 3 zombies were left to guard the ruins of the town.

I waited patiently the departing of the armies, and then broken Arandel's word of moving west, to safety, and begun moving slowly towards my ruined village.

I could see the three zombies; two of them were 500 meters from me, and one was 10 meters away from me. I recognized him, he was one of my best friends, but strangely, as I approached him, he begun growlingwith such hate, like I was he's mortal enemy.

He attacked me with a dagger, but I tried to talk to him. No intelligible response, just moaning. He managed to hurt me a bit, and only then, I realized I could do nothing for him, just release he's soul from this enslaving.

As I begun hitting and slashing him, the other two zombies came and I felt a cold sword deep in my chest.

Life was passing me by and my strength was becoming weaker and weaker.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I must have died, because I can't seem to remember anything after that. Just that I woke on the ground, with my ripped shirt on me, but no wounds.

I was elsewhere and I suddenly remembered Arandel's words: " you have been chosen" . . .

After that, I knew what I had to do . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Later on I found out that I was miraculously revived twelve years after I died, but I have not aged a day,

I'm still a 21 year old elf. "

--- " A story by Enoeth Minos " ---
    Proud member of Angelic Protectors
    66 wizard / 36 mage / 21 healer / 20 cleric
    44 mason / 26 spellcrafter / 11 scholar

Quest Team member click here
    Horizons IRC chat

Default Re: A story by Enoeth Minos

Nice story m8 :)
    Onnidrah: Half Gaint - Retired
    Warrior: 100 Cleric: 100 Mage: 100 Spiritist 100
    Armourer: 62

Unity [Formerer ICE]
    Old Beta Player
    Tazoon irc: IRC

Default Re: A story by Enoeth Minos

Yeah. Nice story Enoeth [Y]
    Ular Naga

Proud "Handy Man" of the -Dark Saga-
    Unity Shard

"First i followed the light then the blight, but suddenly nature showed me the path to walk"

Thread Information