Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ARoP on blight

Default Re: ARoP on blight

Lore is one of the most important thing in game, cause without lore is no game.

Also without lore, i am unable to write wedding texts as i do, and it a lot of fun in and out game. Try to do at least a little RP playing... and you will find lost fun hidden in something where even noone can find it. Its hidden but its here.

Lore should be more than 30% from whole ARoP cause ancient dragon , even lunus, is not some mindless killing beast, but sitting silent guardian, teaching the others (even lunus). I am from Unity, we loose players each day and fun is slowly disappearing but with a bit of RP playing and player made events, you got the fun which is not here.

I dont want even to be ancient [:D] Strange?

TheGolden Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by oluviel
    Sorry most players don't read the lore just the few who beg for it do. It's much more straining on your eyes to read a comp screen than a book.
    Print it in book form after the quest is done and i'll read it.
    I have been here since beta, only play a Dragon, and I read every bit of Dragon Lore they care to give me. In fact, every Dragon I have ever spoken to much has stated that lore is a vital aspect of the game.

I too am impatient for ARoP, and I want it now and I want it bug free and with rich lore. But the devs too are only human, and they will get it to us when they can. I am willing to wait a bit longer.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

is the arop now on blight? any dragon started it?

sorry for not reading this guys, i stay away from forums due to flames.. im afraid i cant tell you much since they may be changing it before it goes live but i can tell you lunus side has to beat some of the hardest named mobs, Mhedon, Ravager, Lorgus, ect. i dont know much on helian im sorry but it seems to be accurate to lore that they have more crafting..
    Playing since release.
    4th to complete RoP.
    Purely Lunus.
    Dragor Firestrike - (Nobody to play with.)

thanks very much Dragor

i can understand you if you dont want to post to much because flames can really hurt

are you doing ARoP at moment? how far are you? in %

do you need much help from bipeds? is the quest with lore?

i figured they would be a part of the whole thing the first time i tryed killing them after the merge and got squashed. Sounds like fun. I just have to figure out how to suvive ravage and mhedon i know i can solo lorgdas with a lot of hoard. Possibly with the extra 650ac and full crush resist scales mhedon will be possible.

Vlisson, yes im doing it i cant tell you a % though the devs have not told us how far its going to go, so my guess is as good as yours.. as for biped help i dont know what the case is on the live servers but there are only 3 dragons on blight doing it counting myself, so from my point i would say yes. though its probably not the same for you guys, if you want to know more pay us a visit sometime when blight gets patched :P
    Playing since release.
    4th to complete RoP.
    Purely Lunus.

I had given thought to hopping onto Blight to ask a few questions (requirements, is it fun, is it interesting), but I figure you Blight Dragons are a bit tired of answering the same questions over and over.

I had considered raising a Dragon on Blight, but I barely have time to play as is, so I figured it would be quicker to just wait until it comes out ;)

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

thanks for the info

i cant play on blight else i would visit you ^^

Dragor check your PM's :)

any new or old news?

there have been no updates since the last one mentioned.. nothing i can tell you, also have no idea when the next update will be..
    Playing since release.
    4th to complete RoP.
    Purely Lunus.

HeavensFury

To bad I cant move my dragon to the Blight server I would help test ARoP

Check the Horizons Community Website, they are doing a test to copy your character to blight.
    Mordoth Penumbraen
    Helian Dragon of Order
    (Retired but keeping an eye out.)
    Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    http://tinyurl.com/ZL3F

"I'm a vegetarian Dragon. I only eat Garden Gnomes."

IcingDeath

From what I've done so far of the ARoP quest , it seems to have a mundane repitious feel to it, kill named after named after named.....I don't understand why it's taken this long to come out with, in my opinion, the requiement for ancient should be lvl 100 in either field, an adault and a specified time playing. It does not bring a significant ammout of xp because the named ones are hard to solo even at lvl 100 but it is possible. But of coure the ARoP is not complete yet and I'm still looking forward to possible some real content, not just go here, go here , go here, or kill this guy, kill this guy, kill this guy, or collect 100....I'd be nice to see some content like in the original RoP.

I fail to see how a quest can go beyond that...that's all they ever are. "kill this, do that, go here" and they are backed up with lore. The arop lore has been very good in my opinion,and we have yet to even see "the rift." which is an area solely being built just for dragons and this quest.

Farb

Since poor dragor seems to be the only one that has responded in this thread I'll put my two cents in. The arop has been on going for a couple of months now and we have been testing every step of the way. Testing has become easier with the inclusion of the dragons that had thier characters copied over to Blight.

My opinion on it so far is that the lore is good and no it isn't too easy. You do not need biped help and on some parts bipeds can't help, also in my opinion you will need help. I have helped other dragons thru the parts that are on Blight with out any biped help at all.

Farb of Blight 100/100 helian

IcingDeath

hehe, ya forgot about the mithril rune stylus Farb

Thread Information