Thread: Interesting...

Default Interesting...

...been browsing the dark&light boards, and I'm beginning to see quite a few unhappy EQ2 / WoW beta testers. Apparently, they find the games very boring...

Default Re: Interesting...

hm perhaps some will visit our loved Horizons. [;)]
    Ex-Moderator
    Lauryav|Unity| Lvl 100 Wizard- Lvl 8x Mage - Lvl 82 Weaver

Isabela

World of Warcraft is far from boring. Its awesome. Its very very immersive.

Horizons has a lot going for it and it could compete with the big boys like WOW and EQ2 easily if AE can get the act together very v ery soon.

:)

I like HZ, it needs some polish, but I like it.

I really hope they use Fileplanet front page ads when some new funding comes in, that is a big source of new players.

Also must make account creation MUCH easier and to cancel MUCH easier. Right now its hell to create and hell to get out. Not a good thing.

they are all welcome to horizon's. I wanna try WoW... but its gonna have to be perfect... and I do mean PERFECT to be able to get me to lose interest in horizon's. I am not saying that will never happen... but gonna take a lot :D

Isabela

Seth,

Not sure perfection exists in the MMO world :P

I dont think its perfect. It is smooth and well done though. It will definetely be worth buying the box to try it :) Open beta is coming very soon.

I think the biggest factor is going to be server choice. I would not go with the pvp server if your big on roleplay.
    The PVE servers have some limited PVP and that would probably suit "most" HZ players the best.

Having said that, why not keep both? I am going to keep them both for now, but have not been playing HZ since Tazoon went down, dont know why.

Just felt wrong that it folded like that when it seemed the place (irc chat) that the devs and D.Bowman went to talk to players and where we all communicated. I just dont know right now. I started with lots of enthusiasm but its been slowly chipped away at by different things. I even played it over my WOW beta at first. Thats why I feel it has great potential. :) Its a real good game, Im going to keep plugging away at it for another 30 days and see if I can regain my initial enthusiasm.

I wont be bashing it if I leave though, that isnt my style. I feel for the people who run the game, whos "baby" it was and whos baby it is. Thats why I said in another thread I think the D.Bowman and HZ bashing needs to stop.

~Heather

Thread Information