Thread: monk status ?

Default monk status ?

Monk Schools (including Disciples)
    A master of melee damage, the Monk makes a superb melee damage dealer. Eventually Monks will gain special abilities in an elemental discipline, gaining access to elemental damage and resistance. With a good backup healer Monks can tank reasonably well, but need to employ their extensive evasive abilities to succeed.

Can we have a status of this please ?

Default Re: monk status ?

Why these old time descriptionsare so frigthening similar to the flamboyant ones about dragons?

*sighs*

/hopes one day you'll get ANY kind of care.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

gopher65

Actually that's all true (well, superb damage dealer is a stretch unless you take fitter or miner to lvl 100). Notice it says "including Disciples". Disciples gain elemental resistances and damage.

The only thing that isn't true (any more) is that evasion helps. It doesn't help right now due the way in which TulgAE juiced up the mobs:(. Which sucks for pretty much everyone, but even more so for Monks, because evasion is their primary defence.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65
    The only thing that isn't true (any more) is that evasion helps. It doesn't help right now due the way in which TulgAE juiced up the mobs Which sucks for pretty much everyone, but even more so for Monks, because evasion is their primary defence.
    I don't know how you come to that conclusion?

I'm convinced that evasion still helps, as i encounter it every day when playing. The only thing is that you have to focus on evasion with techs and buffs (Dex) and have to put all TPs in it. Together with Evasive Style IV and Forest Mist (ok, you have to do lvl 60 Druid to master this one) i have ~1750 Evasion, which helps a LOT. Today i even soloed Ravager, as most of his specials simply failed on me, though as Druid with only Evasive Style II and around 1580 Evasion.

Nonetheless i agree that monks still suck as a melee-class. I'm playing Druid mostly now as it is a really Powerful and Funspending. Up to one month ago i always thought i would stay monk in heart and Primarily Class.

...evasion have an effect, believe me. I'm a big dragon, and if I remove all the TPs on evation I get hit a hell of a lot more than when they're in place. I seems to me that some think that one should evade all attacks all the time though...

- As for the monk class, I saw some updated not long ago, either in the Blight or live shard patch notes...

I threw about 200 TPs into Evasion, and have seen no appreciable change in my evasion, neither has one of my guildmates, who put the max 600 points into it. He said he saw MAYBE about a 5% increase in mob misses, so he's transferring them to T&C and Health, which seem to make more of a difference.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Sorry, but this post were ment to stay in the General section, if I wanted it to be read by Monk players only I would have put it HERE myself !

I had 600 in evasion giving me 1300ish current at all times. I got hit so much it wasn't funny and after months and months I gave in and took 300 out of evasion and put them in unarmed.

Monks are superb damage dealers but you really need to beef your str up. With 1500 str and 1500 unarmed (sexy suit of armour as well) I do between 80-140 per punch (roughly 1 every 1.7sec) to t5 mobs depending on the mob. I do way more with my chains obviously. I prefer hitting more often and harder at least it is something I know I can rely on as opposed to evasion.

Mob evasions and weapon skills are far to high to rely on evasion as a good defense mechanism. Perhaps if we got more evasion or mobs were reblanaced it would be worth reinvesting in evasion

Just my 2 c

Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Thread Information