Thread: No Rants, No thanks

theurgist

Default No Rants, No thanks

I was quite surprised to note the distinct lack of a rants/venting forum here. You know it's going to happen, such is the nature of MMORPG forums, however, as-is there is nowhere specific to do it in. So, of course it will get done in General.

Is the idea to lock/delete said rants, spontaneously generating 'Why was xx post locked/deleted' threads?

And would those post locked/deleted threads also get locked/deleted?

It would bea very good way to drive many posters off due to they'd feel that noone cared what they had to say, regardless of if they had a good point or not.

I mainly ask because I can foresee these things happening, and was wondering if there was any plan in place on how to deal with it?

*pokes Dangit*

Default Re: No Rants, No thanks

Never fear, Theurgist..>Frith-Rae is on the mission...

The mission to bring a rant's forums here - I've posted about it in several threads and walked around with a great big petition sign.

Dangit responded in one of the threads that he is looking into it - he wanted to see how the posting went first and I believe stated he wanted to see if he thought the community could handle it..or something to that effect (I took that to mean maturity level but not sure myself).

I for one, as I stated in another thread, think we DO need a rant's forum. Otherwise ranting bleeds into other threads having no other outlet, it bleeds into other topics and quality posts. It would become a great way for trollers to get our threads shutdown and locked (they would just start ranting). I say we need a rant forum than for no other reason than to give people who need to blow off some steam about the game somewhere to go - and to keep them out of the rest of the Forums so that those can be used for better discussions.

I won't make parallels to Vault - as I know Dangit says "we're all a community" but reading those, it shows me what happens when people are given nowhere to really vent - besides the entire board.

So I hope Dangit will give it a trial run. It worked well on tazoon, and I think it should come back here. And I hope its not limited to just in game stuff - but off topic, daily life stuff too. (not politics or whatever, but just if you slam your finger in the door or something like that..lol)

Shonie

Default Re: No Rants, No thanks

It's human nature to blow off steam on occassion. I never was much for posting in the rants section, but, I feel that we need a place to allow people to do that. Otherwise the mods are going to have a much harder time of it. And it will just make people more angry if they are getting their threads locked all of the time.

I would rather go visit a rants section when I want to than look thru general at a bunch of locked threads. Forums, by their very nature are for people to speak their mind. I say let them, within bounds of course.

Thread Information