Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Movies

Zideon Locke

Default Movies

I would also like to see a favorite movies thread active again. I'll start it out. Favorite movie of all time is Boondock Saints...start it up....Also, give us you favorite quote from that movie. PLease keep it clean.

"This is like a scumbag yardsale, we should come here once a week and clean house"... Connor McManus (Boondock Saints)

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Default Re: Movies

Ok, the one that I know I've seen the most number of times (because I quit counting after the first 200) is Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (YES, with Kevin Costner).

Robin: "Look. Mistletoe. Many a maid's lost her resolve to me thanks to this little plant."

Azeem: "In my country, we talk to our women. We do not drug them with plants."

Or how about this dialogue:

Robin: "Have I wronged you in another life? Where does this intolerable hatred for me come from?"

Will: "From knowing that our father loved you more than me. We are brothers, Robin of Locksley. I am the son of the woman who replaced your dead mother for a time."

Robin: "That's a LIE!"

Will: "It's not a lie! You ruined my life! I have more reason to hate you than anyone, but I found myself daring to believe in you. What I want to know, brother, is will you stay with us and finish what you've started?"

Robin: "I have a brother???? I have a brother!"
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Zideon Locke

I like that one too....although I feel Men in Tights is a much more compelling tale of Robin Hood....

The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra

"You don't believe in legends, do you?"

"Of course not. I'm a scientist, I don't believe in anything."

Army of darkness

such a great movie frist time I saw it i was laughing for weeks

"This is my BOOM stick!!!"

Zideon Locke

Oh and someone asked me who the guy is in my Avatar....Its the Chosen One from Kung Pow : Enter the fist...

Funniest movie I ever saw...

Circle of Iron. [Y]

The Blind Man: "A fish saved my life once."
    Cord: "How?!"
    The Blind Man: "I ate him."

Cord: "Talking to you is like talking to a wall."
    The Blind Man: "Buddha once sat before a wall, and when he arose, he was enlightened."
    Cord: "Do you compare yourself to Buddha?"
    The Blind Man: "No. Only to the wall."

Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

The first Matrix is probably my favourite movie.

Boondock saints is definately on the top 10. What ever happened to the sequal to that *runs off to imdb*
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Not much of a movie fan here, but I did like Troy and 100 Girls.. Pretty much any WWI/II/Medieval movies I like. Also didn't mind the LOTR series.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Empire Strikes Back would be my all-time favourite, followed closely by the 1960 version of The Time Machine. I have a great liking for Raising Arizona, Legend (UK cut, not the US one), Fellowship of the Ring and an Aussie film called Death in Brunswick. It was called something else in the US, and it starred Sam Neill and one very hot Zoƫ Carides.

I like of lot of early-mid 80's fantasy stuff as well, apart from Legend, like Krull, Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, etc.

LOL, one comedy movie I remember now.. Great Aussie film - Takeaway. Although the storyline was kinda lame, it had me laughing the whole way through it :D.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Labyrinth, Legend, and Willow.

I LOVE fantasy movies and there's never been anything like these three ever again.

Anyone remember the old animated movie Wizards? It came out in the mid-70's and starred a rather hippy-ish wizard. Some of the best (and darkest) animation of the times.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Heh some of my favorites come from my childhood before I became the twisted cynical monster I am now.

Beetlejuice
    Ghostbusters
    The Goonies

The Truffle Shuffle is probably the greatest sight gag in movie history.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

While I wouldn't necessarily put all of them on my all-time favorite lists, some other off-beat/obscure movies I've really enjoyed (and watch again when they come round on the TV) are:

1) Buckaroo Banzai: Just too weird (and funny) to really describe

2) The Changeling: By far and away the scariest ******** movie I've ever seen

3) Monty Python and the Holy Grail: Need I say more?

4) The Dead Zone: The movie that started the series--and it's a whale of a lot spookier than the TV show

5) Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Of course!
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

gopher65

Star Tre.... oh wait. You said BEST movies right?

hmmmm. Tough one. I liked Bridgette Jones' Diary. Call me a sissy if you want[:^)]. What else. umm. Anyone seen Spirited Away? That was pretty good. I recommended it to my mom and sister and theyhated it. Go figure. Wallace & Gromit (sp). Very funny if you like british humour. I rather liked A Knights Tale. All that Queen was good for the soul;).

And for oldies, the Princess Bride. Geez I like chick flicks don't I?

Ferris Buellers day off.

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it."
    I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.

These are movies I enjoy watching many times over:

Romeo is Bleeding

Indianna Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark

Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back

The Godfather

K-19: The Widow Maker

Matrix

Platoon

<edit> Hero <edit>
    Sajid,
    Lone Lizard of the Apocalypse

Champions of Honor

Zina

ToGopher:I've watched 'Spirited Away'.Think you will like 'My Neighbour Totoro'.One notch better and cuter, same director and studio.

My favourites are:

a) The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Love the schizo dialoguebetween Smeagol& Gollum.

b) Silence of the Lamb. "A census taker once tried to test me, I ate his liver,with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffffffffffff"

c) Bladerunner. "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."

d) The Usual Suspects. Love the lineup scene.

e) Children of Heaven. A delightful Iranian movie.

Favorite movei? Uhhh.... I guess I'll take the easy route and say: LotR. [:D] In truth, it is nearly impossible for me to name the fave movie, but LotR is definitely up there on my top 10. Like the book is not three books but one, this is not three movies but one.

I rate Spirited Away very highly as well... and though competition is heavy, Jin-Roh (the wolf brigade) should make to my top 10 as well. ********, and I haven't even touched the rest of Miyazaki's movies yet...maybe I should think up a top 20 instead. [:D]

But I'll offer my short 'weird sh*t' movie list for your perusal. Note that some may find some of these movies tasteless, not very good, or simply crap, but they all are quite... weird and/or ingenious.

* Pi
    * Tetsuo
    * Tetsuo 2: body hammer
    * Eraserhead
    * Memento
    * Cube

That's all... for now. [;)]

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Thread Information