Thread: Making suggestions that work...

Default Making suggestions that work...

I know some will disagree, but lately there is a turn around in how things are being handled at TG and with Horizons.

Response to constructive suggestions, has not fallen on deaf ears. Take as an example, the suggestions made about upping the drop rate of mobs. The various reason were clearly listed, by a good cross section of the playerbase. This I feel, helped to get the point across, and make the decision to do it easier for the dev's. They even are talking now of changing the comp for armor 5 that is not ingame, ( namely, frost hellhound manes ) into something that does drop. Again, due to suggestions on the boards and in IRC.

OK, before the regulars jump in a say "We have been doing that all along", let me say that where as that is true, the situation is different now. The Devs know they need to start responding better, and we see some of that already, but even if they don't tell us directly, their actions speak for them. Rawdge, Manga, and Amon have all been very open lately, and it is greatly appreciated. I hope that this continues and that we get regular information that helps us remain excited about the future of Horizons.

As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Default Re: Making suggestions that work...

Seems to me that we already have at least one forum for this: Suggestions. I don't see a need to duplicate all those good suggestions here in this thread on General.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

The merge was a fairly recent thing - perhaps too recent to be the basis of a title grant. I think those of us who were active at the merge should get a T-shirt, or the Istarian equivalent, a unique shoulder buddy.

Titles would be appropriate fluff for folks that have had uninterrupted active accounts for a year or more - Sir and Dame, for example. Khan for dragons, perhaps Sajal for Sslik (Sajal is a Mayan title; it seemed to fit Sslik architecture).

Whatever form it takes, some type of recognition for longevity & loyalty would be nice.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Why post in General? Because everybody reads General.Readers may not think they have a suggestion, but upon reading the thread will be struck by an extension, improvement, comment, or a new suggestion that they would never have posted if they had not read the thread in general to begin with.

Sessions to generate suggestions should begin with a "blue-sky" time, no analysis, no criticism, just pour forth ideas. By tightly structuring the forums, that function tends to be suppressed.

Yes, the new responsiveness is very welcome. And a company that listens to its customers has a much better chance of surviving.

I like the mild honorary title for playing since premerge. Maybe two, one for surviving the merge, and one for playing since release, give or take a couple of weeks. And a title or font change or asterisks, for every 6 months played.

And to repeat here my current hobby horses:[*]Allow lairs to be associated with guild plots.[*]Make ancient dragons powerful, and with some equivalent to multiclassing to continue past Ancient with more effect than in the past.[*]Provide loot with a "thrill factor". The blighted equipment is not bad, and crystals with some oomph again would be good. Add blighted equipment to lower tiers.[*]Increase the tech drop frequency too. Many techs were lost as players left. And the decrease in farming due to the changes has reduced the supply of dropped techs. In fact, just call off the war on technique-ing.[*]Provide increased beginner support. I know this is being worked on. [I] Perhaps some players could write part of the tutorials/guides. There were some beauties on Tazoon.com and even the vault, that were never copied or duplicated.Good basis for a contest;select 10 topics, and as contestants sign up, after 10 or so have chosen a given topic, retire that from the list of available topics. The tutorial on the vault, "from new to crafting in 15 minutes" was superb.It includedscreen shots of the Createwindow at each step. It was about perfect.[*]Put the machines back in the fields. I know that players were to provide the (improved) equivalents by building on nearby plots, but that just hasn't consistently worked with the dwindling populations and capabilities and interest.[st]And of courseplayer-built equivalentsare not possible on thebeginner islands, where the machines are most needed, and where Hz needs to be the MOST inviting.[*]Soup upthe surplus equipment offerings on the New islands. Great idea,could usea bitof polish. [I] And/or provide a prize of some sort (structure as a quest??) for the provision of 18 items on the New Islands consigners. (18 items that do not duplicate what is on the connie.)[/list]

As I have posted elsewhere, the new breeze blowing is most welcome indeed, and should give all considerable hope and improved expectations.

____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Up the number of items a player may have on a consigner.
    Or add a way to sell full sets of armor, full sets of scales, or full sets of Jewelery.

Up the number of items that a player may have on a tavern.
    At least enough to cover the different types of food, across tiers.

Give Blood Mage Spirit 11 per level (they seem to be the only prestige class that gets less abilities then the base class)
    -Digit Dryad
    Chaos

Oopsie on my part for not posting here first.

But, now that its here, what else would make it fun? If its an easy query and update to the Database, then the likelyhood of it happening increases. If it requires art, programming, or engine changes, it can't happen soon.

Fluff like this can be added by Amon, and does not require those working the big projects to divide their time. It may not seem important to some, but it will be appreciated by any affected.

As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Velocity Potions

Fluff?[*]Make the Spirit Disciples Fist effect (Vampiric Touch) look more Spiritish.[*]More hilt/blade(head) designs for weapons, especially in the lower tiers where there are none[*]Armor and shield tricking[*]More dyes within tiers 1-4 (9 new dyes and only one isn't a T5 dye >.< )[*]Evasion, Magic Evasion, Blocking, Parrying Armor crystals[*]Tool crystals, not statistic but Craft related (would work sort of like Boon/Bounty/Blessings but with more common ones having only 1 skill, uncommon having 2, and rare ones having 3 throughout all tiers{and making like skill supported crystals unstackable - IE aSpinning crystal wouldn't stack with a Tailor's crystal which would have maybe Spinning, Tailoring, and Tanning for example... would also be tier restricted so a T5 crystal wouldn't be accepted into a T1 tool, etc})[*]Damage adjusting crystals through all tiers (I don't think there is any other damage adjusting crystal other than the T1 Dark Garnet Weapon Crystal)[*]And did I mention Velocity Potions yet? :)[/list]

Hmmm...alright, I'll bite

- Instead of obviously artificial forests, make trees spawn in actual forests...make cedar trees spawn in the Sslanis jungle, Maple/Yew in the Selen Forest, etc

- Make NPC's have different conversations for different races and classes

- Make magical attacks and melee attacks be somewhat customizable, making each players attacks different from everyone elses

- Make heraldry available for armor

- Tattoos and scars available on character creation and can be bought later

- Make resources more logically placed and more interesting

- Put finishing machines back in the field!

- At certain milestones, such as every 25 levels, give characters a chioce for an ability that they can get, adding more uniquness

I think that all of these suggestions are feasable, though would take time and should be secondary to adding more meaningful content...
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

Here goes:

I'll echo the crystals comments from many in that they need to be put back in.

Adding Ironsilk and Shining wisps to Saritova. Locations that would work would be in the Valleys between Sem and Crucita and Crucita and Calm waters. I'd be happy with Spiders and a few Ironsilk and Wisp (that left deposits too). If not placing them all in one field put Wind Golems in with the Wisps since they drop Shining Essence.

Reduce the required resources to transmute.

Add in grass tiles that can be built
    Palm Trees
    The ability to scale the size of trees, shrubs.

More little events

Just a small list to start with
    Somewhere between the Sacred Silence and Sleep there is Order -System of a Down
    Let's have a war, clean out this place - A Perfect Circle

Pretty brain dead on 5 hours sleep but even if it is diverging from the original thread poster's point, when I see a "give us grass" comment I gotta leap in and say heck yeah! My lot would look *magnificent* if it were grass rather than dirt.

However, I'm not sure tiles is the way to go, Goibhnie, given how one can't "stack" items. Plus that would lead to jagged edges of lawn. I'd ratherbe able to change the lot ground texture. Either just to mimic the surroundings, or get a list of choices such as snow, grass, dirt, sand, jungle ...

I live in Aiya, and the ridges surrounding my lot are textured green, without much clutter. Just low, even, emerald lawns. I so want that on my lot. And furniture. And low flowering bushes to put against my house walls. And furniture. And a pond. And furniture. But a quick texture change would hold off my lot fluff craving for a good while. Might even stop whinging about furniture [:D]

-Levity Merrel, Crai Aisling, Sans AoP on a dirt patch by Aiya's pad
    100 Blacksmith/70 Fitter/45 Mason/45 Carpenter/93 Reaver

Following up on Blood Mages:
    From the Blood Mage forum

*We can't cast stuns (which also means we cast only 2 of 4 nature AoE spells if we multiclass and gain nature skill )and are shorted in etherial armor, syphons, area syphonsand blight vs spiritist.
    All this for the same spirit as spiritist, and -2 blight per level.
    Which leads us to our ability based on blight:

As blood mage is to spiritist, as healer is to cleric, I will use healer as the example.

Healer[/quote]
    Armor Use 8 Augmentation 10 Evasion 7 Life 11 Magic Defense 9 One Hand Crush 8 Shield 8[/quote]
    Cleric
    Armor Use 9 Augmentation 9 Evasion 7 Life 10 Magic Defense 9 One Hand Crush 9 Shield 10
    So healers give up Armor (-1), 1 hand crush (-1), Shield (-2)
    Healers gain Augmentation (+1), Life (+1)

Compared to Blood mage vs Spiritst

Blood Mage
    Armor Use 8 Blight 8 Evasion 8 Magic Defense 9 One Hand Pierce 8 Spirit 10 Two Hand Crush 8
    Spiritist
    Armor Use 8 Blight 10 Evasion 8 Magic Defense 10 One Hand Pierce 8 Spirit 10 Two Hand Crush 7
    Blood mage looses Blight (-2), Magic Defense (-1)
    Blood Mage gains Two Hand Crush (+1)

So basically, I guess blood mages are more staff weilding then Spiritist, and less magic and less blight. Even though some of their abilities are based on blight.

I guess is kind of line line with the Sorcerer (gains in 2 handed crush), but sorcerers lose energy (-10), and summoning (-8) for some good abilities though they too are overshaddowed by spells of the same level.

While Conjurer gets 12 Summon per level and Wizard gets 11 energy, 11 one hand pierce, 11 magic defense per level (at the cost of mind, ice and summonign)

So to put things back in line.
    Blood Mage should get at least 11 pts per level of Spirit (data base change).
    Sorcerers should get 11 pts of Mind per level.

The other classes that are single class upgrades gain 11 or 12 per level, except for Sorcerer and Blood Mage (only checked the casting classes.)

Shamans combining spiritist and nature get 10 in nature, 10 in blight, and keep their augmentation.

So show some sorcerer and blood mage love, give them the power (Spirit for BLood Mage, mind for sorcerer) they need. And change constrict to the blood mage's main power (spirit) instead of the secondary (blight).

*Sure we gain a few nifty abilities that spiritists don't, but other than the detox abilitiesthe only 1with real potential is blight based - Constrict Blood. ( A cruel joke perhaps? )
    So level for level, our constrict blood is less useful. Perhaps make it spirit based (db change) to allow it to be useful to a higher level BM.

*Our Instant life transfers are pathetic compared to self sacr. spell of equivalent level. ( which makes no sense )
    *I assume that all this class abuse from the devswas intended as an equalizer due to our haveing such a sweet bolt spell ( lv60 bloodbolt does a bit more damage than lv90 spirit bolt ). Haveing a great bolt losses it's charm when one is 30-40 levels above the best available version of that spell.
    So for all of that we get blood bolt.

Give some Blood Mage/Sorcerer love!
    -Digit Dryad
    Chaos

When I started to multi-class from my Ranger base, I reallywanted a combined Nature/Spirit class. Basically Shaman, with Spirit instead of Blight. Would be a very nice "untainted" class.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Thread Information