Thread: Sad ReRevisited

Default Sad ReRevisited

http://community.istaria.com/Web/Sho...x?PostID=57536

That tread has never gotten to the point of becomming a rant and that's why I revisited it in here and re-revisited it now after you locked this one.

It seems to be clear this is something that has to be talked about on this part of the forum.

We can do 2 things.

Keep on going like this.

-You move every tread like you have been doing and and just stamp your foot on the ground like as "I'm the moderator in here listen to me", which most likely will result in more of these situations and in the end less ppl posting in here in the worst situation.

or

-We try to solve the problem we appearantly have and meet some where in the middle.

I am possitive we can work something out, we are adults here aren't we.

Default Re: Sad ReRevisited

he asked to send him pm's if you have problems with the moderation.
    I dont think you can accomplish anything here with starting a revolt against the mods
    and these threads make it worse because the 'moved:...' thread only gets down more and less people will take notice of the thread in the community forum

I did that and there have been more.

It seem we all got the same riggid reply so this is how I was hoping to solve this in an adult way.

Moving a tread to the rant forum that's far from being a rant is plain being rude toward the posters. I have been far from ranting and so have the others in that post and then they have been stamped as ranters.

That is where I draw the line.

I send him 1 PM asking for a week when he just became moderator and he directly made it clear there was no room for discussion on his rule. So for me the part of sending more PM on the moderator part were already not gonna happen.

After not beeing shure to whom the pm should be written, I used the "report" function of the 1st locked and moved thread to let them know my opinion. Not the slightest response to that btw

Edit: Old thread is re-opened again[;)]

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Well Sunuke: The points are made and I think we can drop it now really.
    The points is that we have one forum to many and that Unity and Community should be merged wich will solve the problem that will remain of course. But we cant keep debating it as it will probably not lead anywhere.
    Vanaondo
    The RP guild Kushan Sogd at Harro, Unity Shard
    Download and install Pekkas Map Pack v2.9 today and HCC 0.26 Beta is there too

A solution can be found indeed for this matter as adults...

Personally I would like to ask to the moderator if the following descision still stands:

Quote Originally Posted by Entilzah
    There's something that I wanted to ask for your feedback on. Quite a lot of posts here in the main Unity forum that should really be in the Community sub-forum. Now I'm not going to demand that all community project posts get moved there, but I'd like to know what you all think of it. Should we leave the community project posts here in the main forum, and move them to the Community sub-forum when they're over? Would you object if I moved them to the sub-forum after a couple of days so people notice them first? Maybe you'd rather that they were in the right forum in the first place? Let me know what you think.
    Players have given their feedback and Our moderator gave (in my opinion) a descision:

Quote Originally Posted by Entilzah
    Posts will be moved to their appropriate location, however I will give community projects a bit of leeway. They can sit here for a day or two to be noticed before I move them. Ideally I'd rather if you save me the trouble by posting them in the right place to start with [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img] I have already started moving the completed community event posts to their appropriate sub-forum.

Everyone is good at using the market sub-forum, and back on Tazoon.com we were all good at using the community sub-forum. Won't be long before you all take it in your stride to check the latest posts in both of them here!

Keep up the Unity spirit!

After reading that post again ... I think that even I am confused now of what was actually the descion:

Is it alright to leave it in the general unity forum for 2 days as our moderator says ?
    Yes, he asks that in an ideal world we post them directly in community. But I always thought that what our moderator meant was that we could post community events in the general unity forum for a couple of days and that he would move them then....

Maybe Our moderator could clarify this for us a little bit more, so that in the end we understand what he means and find a solution -on an adult way-.

Yeah we would get a few days that's correct.

But with event treads it's just useless to have a few days.

People need to come onto Unity and see their new event tread, that's the way to get them to notice it.

It won't work in another way.

This isn't a forum where people are visiting every day so the story of giving them a chance to see it on main the first 2 days won't work in my opinion.

True .. People aren`t visiting the forum maybe everyday, but that is their choice..

I think you can`t expect from forum staff to keep posts in a certain place till everyone read it .. that is why I love Luca`s suggestion of doing messages in game .. that is when most people will hear it .. (including me)

But at the same time it is nice to see it on the forum also -even if it is for a couple of days. And I think we could take that previous post (where I took the quotes from) maybe as a basis to find a solution to fit players and forum staff.

Ok folks I'll do my best to help answer a couple of things.

If you want to send a PM to a forum adminwith feedback or concerns regarding how the forums are administered, Peaches and Amon are currently the forum admins. I'd recommend that you send feedback to Peaches since Amon is normally very busy with development work and it seems a bit unfair to lumber him with forum issues too. Having said that, if you think Amon is the right forum admin to speak to, then by all means do send him your feedback via a PM.

Moving posts. Like Spirit said in the other thread, it's a bit like organising things and keeping everything tidy. There's specific forums for posts, if people come looking for something specific they would most likely browse to the appropriate forum. There's been a rewrite of the forum rules and mod guidelines a few weeks ago, part of the mod guidelines is that we should leave a trail post indicatingthat a post has been moved. With any luck the new forum software will do this automatically for us. The Community and Market forums are listed at the top of the Unity forum, with the latest post in each visible. Folks can see what's there without needing to go into those forums unless they see a new post. Now with trail posts they can also see a pointer if a post is moved to either of these forums.

I originally posed a question with three options. Leave posts here till the end of the issue (ie maintenance, a bug or an event), then move them. Leave posts here for a couple of days for some recognition before moving them. Move posts directly to the appropriate forum without any delay. I did not expect yourselves to suggest a fourth option, which is to do away entirely with the sub-forums for the Unity shard. I have relayed this feedback to the forum admins already, so they can decide if any action is appropriate. In the meanwhile, the Unity forums are the most used shard forums of all, and I feel it is best to keep things tidy. Folks will always see the latest posts for the market and community forums when they visit the main Unity forum, so we won't miss anything important.

By the by, there's something good that has come of all this. I really do like the idea of the in-game announcements that Vanaondo has arranged with Luca. As some of you have already said, not everyone reads the forums, and not everyone reads the sub-forums. In-game announcements will always reach more players than any amount of forum exposure, and for that alone I am very impressed with the likelihood that such announcements can become a regular part of community organised events.

There's specific forums for posts, if people come looking for something specific they would most likely browse to the appropriate forum.

Well waht I hope is that they find things they didnt expected really.

-Ahh. An event. That wasnt what I looked after but it looks interesting really so I might join.

The thing is that I know most are to "lazy" to search things. Lets take the updates at Map Pack as one example. Its still players that uses old versions like v.2.7 wich sux really. Its so heavy with the Cobals PNG that it even gives peaple problems in game when using it. I know many of them dont go to right forum and look for an update. The differens between v2.7 and v2.9 is 10 times and its very hard to reach out with that info as I feel sorry for those that still uses the crappy v2.7.

--------------------------

The arrangement with Luca is amasing and he have set up 4 autosended announces in game as he travels to Milano and he made a test with it today. I think we will reach all at Unity with Lucas announces and Im now sure we will finnish the event fast.

---------------------------

Maybe we should suggest to Peaches that there is to many subforums here and that Community forum and main forum merges?
    Vanaondo
    The RP guild Kushan Sogd at Harro, Unity Shard
    Download and install Pekkas Map Pack v2.9 today and HCC 0.26 Beta is there too

Thx for clarifying stuff Entilzah... Now I fully understand that it is commmunityforum it belongs too in the eyes of forum staffregardless what has been said in the past...

And Vanaondo... Nice to hear that Luca made some tests today with the announcements... Any idea if they went alright?

Entilzah, I have wrote you a Pm and I have asked you in it for a week of exposure, which in my opinion was something fair.

This way we could talk at the event day about the next event and directly start planning the next one.

But there was no way.

We only would have needed one tread that would be moved to community every week, This is what we were asking for.

People don't come in and look for a new event you really need to lay it out.

In my humble opiniona better suggestion to keep stuff more organized is to:
    - Stickie certain threads important to the community, instead of constantly moving them and annoying many people... [:S]
    - Create a sub folder named for example "Old threads" or "Old posts" and move about 10-12 pages of threads dating back as far as 25th October and keep the oldest thread about 2-3 months (last reply), instead of letting them catch dust in the lower ranges of the forum... [Y]

Entilzah.
    You might be correct according to the regulations you have been told, but the whole forum could use a broom sweep (so to speak)... [;)]
    And this I consider more "cleaning up" then moving threads that are important to ppl of this shard... [H]

Being strick to regulation is supposed to be done in a forum like General... [:)]
    It always annoyes me to see all these Chaos and/or Order shard Related threads and these are NEVER moved...[:@]

This is the forum used by players from the Unity shard. [:)]
    A division between Marketplace and the normal forum is a good thing to do, but please let any other shard related messages where they are posted... [:D]

Like I said... Just my humble opinion... [:$]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Thread Information