Thread: All tier I crafters, hear hear!

Default All tier I crafters, hear hear!

Genevia Islandis now finished. You will find most of what you need there. Both type of machines are on location, and that means less running. You get there by porting via Bristugo.

I want to thank everyone that took part in the rebuilding. I am not going to mention any names; too many participated for that, and some would be left outfor sure. But you all know who you are, and the inhabitants of Istaria thank you...

Default Re: All tier I crafters, hear hear!

Was a great event :)
    Onnidrah: Half Gaint - Retired
    Warrior: 100 Cleric: 100 Mage: 100 Spiritist 100
    Armourer: 62

Unity [Formerer ICE]
    Old Beta Player
    Tazoon irc: IRC

I also would like to thank the many who helped; in name of all those that will be discovering and using this island in the future.

The first builders started at about ten in the morning; by twelve allbuildingschools had a nice gang working for them. Every school had their gatherers, builders, appliers, runners (or better said, for a large part, flyers [:)]); all worked well together, and whenever one kind of work was finished or paused the workers there would fit themselves into one of the other schools to go on helping there.

Many came back after breaks for dinner or other neccessary RL-stuff to tirelessly go on helping; some others even just skipped those 'other things' and were probably famished and dried out at a certain point [;)];because they justseemed to goon and on and on without ever stopping.

During the day the first workshops on the island got done; the stoneshop and the bronze-refinery were the first ones ready (building-schools using these materials could then move their production to the island itself, making it possible to contribute their products without any porting needed, lovely...).

Evening in RL came, and the number of helpers stayed high; some went, but others who hadn't been able to help during daytime came and took in the open places. Evening went into night; and I think at about oneo'clock, with stilllóts ofhelpers around, we finished two game-workshops at the same time, the tannery and the essence-circle, with a big gathering and lots of firework and cheers[:D]

With that done, a lot of players called it a night (and that it was of course!) and went to bed.
    Two workshops remained to befinished at that point, the cloth- and the gem-workshop. A smaller but still sizeable group decided to also get the clothshop done. It was past three in the night when a tired but satisfied bunch could also light some fireworks for this workshop as it went up. Ater that many beds got occupied...

At the time the clothworkshop was being built we had had three or four completely 'fresh' players join the still ongoing fun. And these, together with some last dwindlers at the clothshop, decided to do at least one more part of the left-over gemshop before 'calling it a day' (and a very long one at that for some of this last group).

The last little group of die-hards, I think7 or 8,took a look at what was still to be done at this last workshop, then at each other; and then united to try to alsofill inthe last biggaps in the resources this building still needed to get finished. During the next few hours some just had to give up and go to bed, too tired to keep their eyes open any longer(and we also had a sound sleeper standing somewhere along the route in the game[|-)]).
    But as in RL the sun rose, around 7 in the morning it must have been, the last three players still on their feet (and awake) could witness the going up of the very last double-machined workshop on the island.
    It was the sixth workshopthat was builtduring this event[pi][B].
    Hey, before collapsing into their beds these very last few players then even took a trip across the island to place their left-overs in the first of the bridges meant to one day (hopefully soon) close the gap between this island Genevia and the tier-II island Scorpion. A heck of a job this will be, I might add... 4 ruined bridges in a row, with small islands inbetween, must be built to open up this land-route... and each bridge takes a tón of resources...

Maybe the next event? Or an event after the next one to build the workshops on Scorpion also? We'll see who turns up to organize what, and when...

(But how about this tid-bit: a player that missed all the fun because of RL-work has, very courageously indeed, decided to take on filling one of the resources that the bridges need all by himself; starting today or maybe tomorrow withthe collecting and making oflots and lots of cedar-boards. Who-ever wants to help this one-man-undertaking, or just wants to donatea (few) load(s) of cedar-boards: contact nicko-earth[Y]. Wow Nicko that's a BIG job you started: 500 units braces, 1000 units timbers; for éach of the 4 bridges, so all 'x4'... wow...).

As for this now past event:
    Great event, great people helping to make it into such a nice and fruitfull event; and finally great island as a result for all tier 1 work!!![:D][pi][:D][B][:D]

([:'(]Sadly though a ruined double-machined workshop for the cedar seems to have been overlooked by AE in their hurry to get all done for the merge... though tickets have long been sent and left unanswered[:S], we still hope some dev will help to áll-the-way makethis island rock: by also putting in a ruined woodworkshop somewhere near Cedar Cove...[8])

Big thanks to all participating; also a special thanks for those few players that had allready filled in some resources on their own befóre this event, making things just that much easier. And of course also a special thanks for Luca / GN... without the big help of in-game messages telling all online about this event, the turn-out of players helping could never have gotten to the size it was now!

For now: 'hope to see all of you that were here on this day and hopefully even more at the next event' ? [:)][:P][:D]

P.S. Have a nice row of screenshots taken, will try to get them on a webpage later today and put a link to that in this post (very sorry, still don't know how to get pictures into this forum; maybe some-one could some day make an easy, step by step'tutorial-for-dummy's' on that subject and post it here...[8-|])

Edit: Ok, hope it works: link to photo-album of the event is: Genevia-Event

TRO

hehe, it was nice to take part in this community event... what is next now?

Vahrokh mentioned that we need to build a blacksmith shop close to mithrill that even dragons can use.
    Vanaondo
    The RP guild Kushan Sogd at Harro, Unity Shard
    Download and install Pekkas Map Pack v2.9 today and HCC 0.26 Beta is there too

From IRC 05-03-29 19:00 CET

<Vanaondo> David. At Genevia Isle there is "broken" machines for all materials except wood. Is that a miss from the devs or is it ment to be one staion "misisng"?

<David-Lurking-Working> Vanaondo: I just added a woodworking bench to the existing woodworking shop on Genevia... it was inadvertently left off

<David-Lurking-Working> The rest were to be rebuilt... but wood was important on Genevia so it was supposed to be done.

<Vanaondo> Ahh. Great David. Thatnks then we dont need to worry about that anymore as we repaired all broken machines at Genevia this weekend

<David-Lurking-Working> Vanaondo: on Unity, right? I heard about that.

<Vanaondo> Yeapp David. On Umity

<David-Lurking-Working> Got to love the spirit of the Unity players.

<Vanaondo> Well we have a nice Community at Unity, no doubt and Luca aid us some to announce our events too.

(I removed all other babbling as I havnt seen so many at IRC at same time as today)

Vanaondo
    The RP guild Kushan Sogd at Harro, Unity Shard
    Download and install Pekkas Map Pack v2.9 today and HCC 0.26 Beta is there too

nice

Thread Information