Thread: Spells hanging on Blight

Damger

Default Spells hanging on Blight

I was just fiddling with my lvl 7 Cleric (with lvl 1 mage school) and found that after initiating melee combat about 90% of the time any spells executed just hang my character. Even melee stops.

I have to stop the action (spacebar) and re-initiate melee combat to get back in the fight.

Abilities do not seem to be affected but all my spells, offensive and healing, are.

Occasionally, maybe in 1 out of 10 fights, everything works normally. I could not narrow the problem down by type of monster or whether I started combat with melee or by use of a spell. Once I entered melee, all spells hung.

Default Re: Spells hanging on Blight

Can you describe this in more detail? I just tried to reproduce it on Blight, yet I'm able to cast while in melee just fine.

What spells are you using? What monster are you fighting? With what weapon? Do you have the Free Movement option on?

Damger

I've logged on 3 different times now to verify this problem.

To answer your questions first:
    Spells that I have tried:
    Flame Bolt I
    Magic Crush I
    Mystic Blaze I
    Revitalize I
    Evasive Style I
    Gift of Strength I

I have fought lvl 3-7 maggots, lvl 3-7 grulets/gruks, various lvl 3-7 undead in the little camp off to the left of the lvl 4 mob area in NB.

Weapon is bronze warhammer and large bronze shield also equipped.

Originally didn't think to test whether free movement was a factor. My original report was with free movement off (unchecked). I have since gone back after reading your message and have found that I have no problems when I havefree movement turned ON (checked).

I can consistently reproduce the problem whenever I turn free movement off (unchecked).
    Hope this helps.

Damger

Additional info:

I ported to Sslanis and could not reproduce the problem fighting grulets and gruks.

Ported back to NB, to the lvl 4 area, and reproduced the problem consistently.

I haven't tried any other areas.

Again, I only have the problem with free movement turned off (unchecked). I suppose the problem could occur with free movement on but I've never encountered in on any other characters on Blight, Chaos or Order.

Thread Information