Thread: Cannot get to Loading screen Without freezing

Kingbobb

Default Cannot get to Loading screen Without freezing

I have been experiencing great difficulty while attempting to log in the last 3 days. Saturday, I was able to log in only after crashing and restarting more than 10 times. Sunday, I was unable to log in at all, even after close to 20 attempts.

I can pull up the log in screens, and proceed to the character selection log in. After that, I either freeze on a black screen, freeze on a black window, or the Istaria loading screen appears, but never proceeds past the Receiving Character Information screen.

I have attempted both the normal and the expanded log ins. In short, I've done everything short of re-installing Horizons.

Default Re: Cannot get to Loading screen Without freezing

Kingbob,

Typically this is due to one of a short list of problems. The most common being that one or more files has become corrupted and is preventing the game from loading that character. Try each of these steps and after each one try logging into the game.

1. Delete your \Horizons\world_cache\<server>horizons\ folder. Where <server> is the name of the shard you play on.

2. Delete your ClientPrefs_Graphics.def file. This is located in the \Horizons\prefs\ folder.

3. Delete your \Horizons\prefs\<server>_<character> folder. Where <server> is the same as #1 and <character> is the first name of your character that cannot login.

4. Try logging in from a friend's computer that has Horizons installed. Often this will fix the problem.

5. If none of this works, let us know and we will manually move your character to a safe location.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Draikyth

Default Re: Cannot get to Loading screen Without freezing

I just renewed my account recently from quite a long absense, and I have been unable to connect at all. I've gotten up to the login screen then POP!!

Horizons Errors.

Error ID: 88

The client has not yet established a connection. Please wait a few minutes and try again. If you are still unable to connect please open a case at https://support.istaria.com.

Connection Lost

Your connection status has changed and your connection to Horizons has been lost. This can occur if the game shard is being restarted or because of problems with your internet connection. Pleae check http://horizons.istaria.com to find out the status of the shard. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Transport Error

Login Failed

I have reinstalled, rebooted, No need to empty caches since only recently reinstalled the game having been gone so long. Hardware has improved since I last played so there should be no problems.. I tried creating new characters, tried logging in to all characters with no increased luck. Honestly this just doesn't wash.

If this continues I will demand reimbursement

Thread Information