Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patch?!

Default Patch?!

What patch just got put in on live in the last 30 min?

Default Re: Patch?!

well, i did see some files with terrain skaalkar? something like that and my map markers have designations again....

blight patch moved to live in the past hour?

Yes, the client that was applied to Blight was passed by QA and moved to Live as it contains critical fixes that will help everyone's gameplay.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

1 day. Does this make this patch the shortest one ever to be tested?
    :)
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

I'm guessing this will fix the latest memory leak that sprung up on Tuesday. Worth pushing to live indeed.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    Yes, the client that was applied to Blight was passed by QA and moved to Live as it contains critical fixes that will help everyone's gameplay.

- Amon

Woot!

I am still seeing much more tex mem increase than I used to.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

:o
    The issues they put to blight weren't things that needed extensive testing (like quests, abilities, and things of a gameplay involving nature); I am sure alot of the things in this patch can be automated on their end... automated tasks can allow them to stress levels they dont normally see with internal manual testing... But that can come up on a daily basis on live servers...
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

nope memory issue is worse in fact.

CTD"s are up for me when I have never experienced one before the last BIG patch. Also porting is worse now and I have to relog sooner than usual.

class in virtual memory management might help heh ;)

<Chuckles> For some reason, I always seem to get the opposite results as everyone else from a patch...Whereas before I would top out at 10 FPS, I am now getting up to 20...Lag in Aug is down, going from 2 FPS max to 5 FPS, and the only CTD I have had was from my ISP going out for a few minutes...

This patch has imporved my performance...why does it seem to be worsening others? Or do they just want to see a performance drop because they are perpetual complainers and need to be able to post something negative?

<Shrugs>
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Ssilmath
    <Chuckles> For some reason, I always seem to get the opposite results as everyone else from a patch...Whereas before I would top out at 10 FPS, I am now getting up to 20...Lag in Aug is down, going from 2 FPS max to 5 FPS, and the only CTD I have had was from my ISP going out for a few minutes...

This patch has imporved my performance...why does it seem to be worsening others? Or do they just want to see a performance drop because they are perpetual complainers and need to be able to post something negative?

<Shrugs>
    sorry but that was a lame typical fanboi response.

So these people myself included have imagined the drop ?? Sorry 10 years of being a computer tech and 8 certifications tells me otherwise. Really poor thought out response that is simply to easy to debunk.

Game set and match.

I am a fanboi, so frikkin sue me...All I'm saying is that I have gotten nothing but improvements, and while I don't have your tremendous and most certainly superior credentials, I can see an increase in FPS, a decrease in lag and less lag after porting...sorry if my inferior intellect sees this as an improvement, I'm obviously too stupid to see it for the drop it is...

You may have gotten a drop in performance, probably did...but I've seen so many people complain about less this and bad that while I have yet to see it personally...<Shrugs> Maybe I'm the last fanboi out there who sees a patch as a good thing
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak

i dont doubt he perceives a difference whether it is imagined or not i cant say. i do think that going from 10fps max to 20 fps max, though effectively double still blows and honestly numbers like that would seem to vary by that much day to day. now the 2fps to 5fps, i seriously hope he is joking as that seems close enough to be margin of error and, even if you are getting the massive 3fps boost, its kind of hard to find the positive in such crappiness(even if we were just talking about lag spikes, its crappified).

its a little early to proclaim ctds a thing of the past as well. give it time, youll be back to windows soon enough.

i think he was joking tho.

No, the numbers have been consitent...and yeah, it is crappy, but it's what I have been used to for the past several months, even before the merge...I guess when you are used to crap and you get a little better than crap, it looks like gold...And 5 FPS is a lot better for navigating a city than 2 is...

Ssilmath Torshak

Performance problems often come down to hardware differences. People with ATI seem to experience more problems than those with NVidia.

Grimlik also seems to think his experiences reflect that of everyone.

Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

sorry but that was a lame typical fanboi response.

So these people myself included have imagined the drop ?? Sorry 10 years of being a computer tech and 8 certifications tells me otherwise. Really poor thought out response that is simply to easy to debunk.

Game set and match.

No one's better than anyone else here, and there's no need to get defensive because someone disagrees with you. I don't have any degrees, more than a few months professional experience, or several spelling and grammatical errors, but I do have an opinion on this.

If you do have technological experience, you should know that everyone has a different machine configuration and graphical settings that can't be used to measure performance across the board. I haven't seen any problems myself.

Everyone says "I get 30 FPS in Tazoon" or "I get 2 FPS in Aug." That doesn't mean a thing in terms of a benchmark. The degradation performance over time is conditional on where you are, where you've been, what your machine is doing in the background, and who, if any, players are around. Right now I can average anywhere from 30 to 4 frames per second rendering the same scene, depending on what else I've done.

Same with the "I can only port x times then crash. Now I can only port x-5 times and crash." Porting is a relative thing, and player entities, monsters, and areas are not all the same.

Yes, this game does have performance issues, but just whining and not trying to give any helpful or usuable data is just wasting my time.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Well lets put it this way, before patch my texmem never exceeded 150, now it hits 250-260 within minutes of entering the game. Before the patch I only got minor lag and that was in areas like dalimond, now I get lag everywhere. Beforethe patch it had been months since my last CTD, after this patch I crash 2 or 3 times a session.

Hmmm, wonder what the issue is?
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

lets approach this better shall we.

Yes my response above was harsh and was not really needed. But we also did not need the

" You are just complaining and making things up"

That was Mr Ssilmaths response in a nutshell. Sorry .... played many games been working on computers for years I am not imagining these issues. It wasn't about whining either it was about letting Tulga know that their attempts to fix the memory leak in this game has in fact done the exact opposite without the fanboi twist.

So where as my response was not appropriate if you folks with the rose color blinders on believe his was well then you are beyond help.

So now I will go into facts...

Before this past weeks work I could...

Port into tazoon run around there for hours and never ever crash. My FPS remained a respectable 12 to 15FPS in that place. Now I am lucky to break 12 FPS which in itself is still ok in tazoon but I CTD almost everytime I go there now. So was I just lucky before ? I don't think so because I see it in guild chat and in MP and General.

Another point before I came back to the game I dreaded the performance issues of the game. When I first logged in I was pleasantly surprised at how much better it was though still not on par with other titles. Now I am seeing an increase in text memory and I am using an Nvidia card. I am seeing that by the 8th port I really should relog and before this past week I could port up to 20 times ( yes I counted ) before I would have to consider relogging. When I left the first time 3 or 4 ports and your FPS was so bad you had no choice. Now though I am also getting CTD"s before this last week I NEVER had even one CTD since coming back.

As well the game now takes minutes to release itself from my memory when I log out. In fact if I want to get control of my cpu back I must end the horizons process manually. Last night I saw its memory consumption hit almost 800MB. That has never happened before and only since last tuesdays patch.

But according to people like Ssilmath I am imagining it and making things up just to whine. When in fact I am pretty sure his claims are the ones that are made up. Imperical evidence is very hard to deny in this regard.

Anyway I said it before it isn't about whining its about letting Tulga Know that what they did last tuesday screwed things up and what they did on the weekend didn't seem to help for most people. Nothing on my machine has changed since that patch or before and my machine is perfectly configured... yes yes indeed it is.

But then again we are just imaginging these issues. Recognize the whining from the legit issues please.

Grim sometimes you really do need to take a step back take a deep breath and move on.

Ssilmath asked 2 questions "why did others get a performance decrease while he got an increase" and "are people just whining?". You take issue with his last question and turn it into people are making things up. *shrug* With Horizons in the state that it is, yes some do look for things to whine about. Its the nature of the MMO beast.

You did the same exact thing he did by stating "When in fact I am pretty sure his claims are the ones that are made up. Imperical evidence is very hard to deny in this regard." Yo don't want him to do it to the naysayers yet you do it to him......Pot....meet Kettle :)

Personally I have had a performance decrease since the last two patches. First performance decrease I've had in a while. a 4 hour play session left me with mem usage over 1gig by the time I logged out (lots of ports, construction work).

Normally I run with 30-45 FPS in uncrowded areas and 10-20 in crowded (aug, new rach). Since the patch I barely push 30 FPS in uncrowded areas and 10 in crowded. Last night was the first time I have dropped to 1-2 FPS in a long time.

What did they do? No idea...hope they fix it soon tho.

Oh and your condescending "game, set, match" is a bit immature :)

Have a nice day!
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Thread Information