Thread: Memory consumption issue not resolved

Default Memory consumption issue not resolved

Even after recieving the fix from the patch this morning I am still getting virtual memory warnings from my computer which I *never* got before the patch before this last "fix" one. I'll admit to not having the best system in the world but before that patch that added to the memory comsumption I never had a problem with memory with my current hardware.

Default Re: Memory consumption issue not resolved

Likewise, I'm still getting the virtual memory errors, as well as the age-old performance degradation over time, even after today's smaller patch. I was hopeful upon seeing the notes, but alas...

The best thing to do in these cases is to:

1. Enable logging (double-click enable_debug.exe)
    2. Open a support ticket
    3.Upload yuor DxDiag information
    4. Zip and upload your logs after getting a virtual mem error
    5. Uplaod your ClientPrefs_Graphic.def file

As these types of problems are not easy to reproduce and not everyone is getting them, it is helpful to the CLient Team to have logs and other supporting files to review.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    The best thing to do in these cases is to:

1. Enable logging (double-click enable_debug.exe)
    2. Open a support ticket
    3.Upload yuor DxDiag information
    4. Zip and upload your logs after getting a virtual mem error
    5. Uplaod your ClientPrefs_Graphic.def file

As these types of problems are not easy to reproduce and not everyone is getting them, it is helpful to the CLient Team to have logs and other supporting files to review.

- Amon
    Always, #3 is asked for . . . . should remind all to update their computer profile at support.istaria.com too.

I'd suggest using default graphics settings - delete that clientprefs_graphic.def file and let game restore to default settings. Then see what happens.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaraiden
    should remind all to update their computer profile at support.istaria.com too.
    I actually did this when I created the case for this problem. The problem with people updating their information for the computer profile is the questionaire is out of date. I'm running Service Pack 4 and it isn't even listed on the questionaire.

Having the same problem... before I could port about 10 times (got very laggy but no warning). Now I can hardly port 5 times without getting the warning.

I havent touched any settings or done anything to my computer.
    In the void.
    Unity: 100/100 Lunus

Absolutely worse for me as well, I will turn logging on when I play tonight and submit the requested files.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

I think the game performed better 3 months ago :(

Each patch seems to increase memory leakage, combat and other lag and the invisible mob situation is ongoing with no progress to be heard of....

I know...stop patching the game!

PaganEMT76

I can log in, and the game appears to be loading for the Chaos server, I get to the 'terrain under player' screen and then the game freezes. I can log into Blight and play just fine, not that I find the gameplay on Blight all that, prefer my chars on Chaos along with my friends who play there. Anyway, I know it isn't my computer. Perhaps it will get fixed before I close my account, although it has already been almost two days. Good luck.

I've had that before. Try this.

Turn off your loading screen. This will allow you to move while still loading the game world.

If that doesn't work the only fix I managed to find was to submit a support ticket and have a Dev move your character physically in the game. My problem stemmed from something loading up in Dalimond around the portal gate area. Since merger I've yet to experience the same though. *knocks on wood*

So far, this memory issue fix has been wonderful. My texmem is dumping regularly and I'm not having any major slow downs at all. I haven't managed to stay in game long enough to see if I get any VM warnings because my modem decided it didn't want to let me. :/

Thread Information